Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chapero82

Silva back to ....................

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Why the hell does everything have to be the managers fault, it's nonsense.

The most obvious thing that's happened is that we wanted to get rid, but the offer for Iborra was too good to turn down. This then meant Silva was no longer looked at as being the first one out of the door. We would consider moving him on, but only if another signing was made. We're getting late in the window, clearly nobody is coming in so Silva is no longer surplus to requirements for the time being.

Those moaning, what the hell would people rather we do? Move him on or register Andy King... I'd rather have Silva thanks.

For the sake of 15 games where we are playing for nothing I would take our chances that the first choice 3 CMs will stay fit. He prefers to play 2 in the middle anyway. 

King or James can make up the numbers on the bench if really needed if one gets injured. 

Silva won't play a minute and he'll be worth even less in the summer 

Edited by Stevosevic

Just now, Stevosevic said:

For the sake of 15 games where we are playing for nothing I would take our chances that the first choice 3 CMs will stay fit. He prefers to play 2 in the middle anyway. 

King or James can make up the numbers on the bench if really needed if one gets injured. 

Why? What do we stand to gain other than a couple of quid. This isn't Adrien Silva FC set up to do what's in his best interests. The club has 7th and good prize money to play for and the manager is fighting for his job. So if Silva is considered a better option than a crocked James and King, then he can stay and be there if we need him like he's paid to be.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Why? What do we stand to gain other than a couple of quid. This isn't Adrien Silva FC set up to do what's in his best interests. The club has 7th and good prize money to play for and the manager is fighting for his job. So if Silva is considered a better option than a crocked James and King, then he can stay and be there if we need him like he's paid to be.

I'm looking at it from a Leicester City perspective, not Silva. 

He won't play a minute again this season, he's barely had a sniff. He's currently as useful as Benny was this season. 

The noises suggest that money is a bit tighter than in recent seasons for various reasons so I'd get the money in now.

With regards to 7th - I would be amazed if that's where we finish. 

Edited by Stevosevic

2 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Proper feel sorry for Silva, takes a gamble to leave his home country and through no fault of his own has ended up wasting pretty much 2 seasons when he's meant to be in his prime. 

He's had the chance to show himself worthy of a spot, sad fact is for him that Hamza when called upon has done more. Hamza has played less minutes in the last two seasons but managed to push himself past several more seasoned pros based just on his performances.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stevosevic said:

I'm looking at it from a Leicester City perspective, not Silva. 

He won't play a minute again this season, he's barely had a sniff. He's currently as useful as Benny was this season. 

The noises suggest that money is a bit tighter than in recent seasons for various reasons so I'd get the money in now.

With regards to 7th - I would be amazed if that's where we finish. 

We've lost someone ahead of him in the pecking order, so we don't know that. It takes one injury or suspension for him to be 3rd choice.

5 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Proper feel sorry for Silva, takes a gamble to leave his home country and through no fault of his own has ended up wasting pretty much 2 seasons when he's meant to be in his prime. 

It's not 'no fault of his own' because he's played 19 times for us now.

He's just never really shown he's good enough. 

Just now, Babylon said:

We've lost someone ahead of him in the pecking order, so we don't know that. It takes one injury or suspension for him to be 3rd choice.

Especially considering we appear to be moving to a 3 man midfield more and more.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

The £6.2m he’s earnt with Leicester, softens the blow a tad.

• Like 2

If indeed this is true (and frankly it's no more likely to be than any other rumor) it pretty much confirms that Puel hasn't been using Silva on club orders due to contractual concerns.  Something changed, and now perhaps he'll get his shot.

24 minutes ago, Babylon said:

King and James have both been used ahead of him since his last appearance. 

If we get an injury I would be surprised if it's not James who steps in (not that I agree with this)

Edited by Stevosevic

This club has ruined his career, in a lot of cases you can simply have a care not attitude regarding footballers and their transfers, it’s usually down to their own choices or gambles of moving but you can’t help but feel sorry for the bloke, his career has been ruined/wasted years through very little of his own choices.

I dare say Silva will be here post Puel though.

Talk about professionalism all you like but if I were him having been ignored for the first half of the season I wouldn’t blame him for saying  “f@&£ you” now to Puel if he’s been told He is  now in his plans. 

If he wasn’t in them before what has he seen that means he suddenly is...whoever is at fault for this it is no way to manage an employee of any type. 

27 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

King and James have both been used ahead of him since his last appearance. 

If we get an injury I would be surprised if it's not James who steps in (not that I agree with this)

They were used a month ago for the first time in a year. Just because they played doesn't mean they are "ahead" of him.

If we wanted to move him on or thought something was going to happen, we wouldn't risk it. But we can't predict what would happen in the January window. If our plan was to sign someone else and then let him go, then that depends on signing someone. If we don't, then he doesn't go.

14 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Talk about professionalism all you like but if I were him having been ignored for the first half of the season I wouldn’t blame him for saying  “f@&£ you” now to Puel if he’s been told He is  now in his plans. 

If he wasn’t in them before what has he seen that means he suddenly is...whoever is at fault for this it is no way to manage an employee of any type. 

He doesn't have to have SEEN anything. We sold Iborra and probably couldn't get a player in.

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He doesn't have to have SEEN anything. We sold Iborra and probably couldn't get a player in.

I wasn’t clear enough. He’s either been badly treated by Puel or Puel had his hands tied. Either way it is out of order considering how much we messed up the initial transfer 

8 minutes ago, FLAN said:

I wasn’t clear enough. He’s either been badly treated by Puel or Puel had his hands tied.

Or neither and a manger who didn't buy a player doesn't fancy him, but also doesn't want to be left short in the middle.

• Like 1

If we do keep him then I have no problem with that. I just hope we get to see a bit more of him. Yes he has had a few average games but he has never established himself in the team. I am all for giving him a chance and playing more football.

Obviously something in the background we don't know about has prevented him from playing more.