Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Should Claude Puel be sacked or backed? Poll

Should Claude Puel be sacked?  

772 members have voted

1. 1. Should Claude Puel be sacked or backed?

• Sack.
    • Keep him and back him in the transfer window.

1 hour ago, Bunyip said:

Maybe they have already decided not to give him any money in January because they know he's out at the end of the season.

It's plausible. I personally doubt it, but what do I know. I think the club is just wary of the winter transfer window - unless it's necessary, buying in winter is more expensive and is often a panic buy.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

That reaction: "Could keep me in a job a bit longer YAYYYYYYYYYYY"

James keeps banging the drum for his mate Claude but I think he misses the point here.

It's not a lack of "pashun" which is the disconnect between him and fans/players.

It's his inability to adapt his tactics to the players he has.

Along with the lack of clear communication and other stuff.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

James keeps banging the drum for his mate Claude but I think he misses the point here.

It's not a lack of "pashun" which is the disconnect between him and fans/players.

If you didn't smile and get a bit of good feeling when that goal went in and we saw Puel celebrate like that then you must have a heart of stone

We're building something new.  Time for the players to adapt and learn

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

If you didn't smile and get a bit of good feeling when that goal went in and we saw Puel celebrate like that then you must have a heart of stone

We're building something new.  Time for the players to adapt and learn

Nah mate, our team is best at hoofing to Vardy to run on to and that's all we should ever do.

Ever.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I said earlier, the reaction comes across as an amazing feeling of relief to me.

He's had a couple of times we've see his 'pashun' but generally, whenever i've looked down at him he's head down, looking at the floor, kicking air.

Funny how whenever people makes comments like mine of "head down, kicking air, disinterested" e.t.c, it gets shot down as "it doesn't matter" or "who cares", "we don't need pashun or another clown in charge" e.t.c.

As soon as he does react like he did last night those same naysayers are all over it. "Look at him!"

It just proves (And I include myself in this) how petty it all is and how people use things no matter how much the dismiss things, if it suits their 'agenda' they'll use it.

Edited by Matt

Just now, Matt said:

I said earlier, the reaction comes across as an amazing feeling of relief to me.

He's had a couple of times we've see his 'pashun' but generally, whenever i've looked down at him he's head down, looking at the floor, kicking air.

So, generally when you look at him he's angry. Almost like the idea that how we're playing at the moment with low intensity, passive possession isn't what he wants to be seeing contrary to what some claim...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Was brilliant to see that, he looks furious when they do the "side-to-side" passing. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

So, generally when you look at him he's angry. Almost like the idea that how we're playing at the moment with low intensity, passive possession isn't what he wants to be seeing contrary to what some claim...

Correct, well wouldn't say angry although I know what you mean, but is it not his job to try and change that, is it not his job to improve it or are we just going to continue making the same mistakes, playing the same boring football and tread water.... :dunno:

Because i've seen very little in 12 months.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

Funny how whenever people makes comments like mine of "head down, kicking air, disinterested" e.t.c, it gets shot down as "it doesn't matter" or "who cares", "we don't need pashun or another clown in charge" e.t.c.

As soon as he does react like he did last night those same naysayers are all over it. "Look at him!"

It just proves (And I include myself in this) how petty it all is and how people use things no matter how much the dismiss things, if it suits their 'agenda' they'll use it.

Matt, that logic is absolutely flawed

Its the booboys who say he's got no passion and that thats an issue. The one's who point out this celebration are merely showing you that that perspective is wrong, not that all of a sudden passionate displays are the be all and end all

You are wrong that he has no passion, as evinced in that clip, end of

If anything, people are so 'Puel Out' (that they should start their own AFTV) that they cant look at a good performance with young players last night and appreciate it.  That is being blinded by an agenda

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Its the booboys who say he's got no passion and that thats an issue. The one's who point out this celebration are merely showing you that that perspective is wrong, not that all of a sudden passionate displays are the be all and end all

If anything, people are so 'Puel Out' (that they should start their own AFTV) that they cant look at a good performance with young players last night and appreciate it.  That is being blinded by an agenda

Except some have?

I certainly have, I've even admitted to a few (Not many, but a few) good spells and a full 90 minutes v Watford, is it good enough? Over 12 months? Not at all, far from good enough.

Edited by Matt

We are 3 points from 7th place! 4 from 6th and 10 points clear of the bottom 3. We are certainly not in a crisis or in need of an instant change.

However, I have wanted Puel out before, and will most likely advocate for a change in the Summer too, baring a much improved second half to the season.

I do not believe now is the time to change managers though. I think it should be a sensible and well thought out change in the summer, when I believe managers such as Rodgers, Howe, Benitez and maybe even Jardim can potentially be convinced to join us, if Top is willing to hand them a decent transfer pot and sell them on the future vision with the stadium expansion and our state of the art training facility all coming soon.

This season will most likely end up being a very flat one with Puel in charge, but I don't think we can overlook how badly we needed some stability and for all his critics, he has managed to bring that, and has even managed to make some good signings and transitioned us into a team that is more comfortable with the ball. Of course, he also has failed in other aspects and that's why I still believe a change will and should happen eventually. 

I vote stay for now, and potentially to the end of the season, as long as we stay well clear of the bottom 3 and Top and co. are indeed doing thorough planning for a change then and are aiming to bring someone in with a higher calibre and proven success at this level. 

• Like 1

Just now, Matt said:

Except some have?

I certainly have, I've even admitted to good spell and a full 90 during Watford, is it good enough over 12 months? Not at all, far from good enough.

People are still talking about sacking him after last night, including you.  They are looking at a good performance through the lens of 'we should have won, wrong starting line up, leaving Vardy out, Puel is clueless'

If thats how you react to a good performance....

6 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

People are still talking about sacking him after last night, including you.  They are looking at a good performance through the lens of 'we should have won, wrong starting line up, leaving Vardy out, Puel is clueless'

If thats how you react to a good performance....

Because i'm not fickle enough for 1 second half performance or lets be fair to him 1 or 2 halfs in particular matches and 1 full performance in 12 months to change my bleeding mind!

And i'd be concerned if I or anyone was that fickle, as I keep mentioning i'm looking at it over a 12 month period. Some people discount last season and saying he started this season with a clean slate and we shouldn't look back at last season, even if that is the case, nothing (harsh...very little) has changed.

Although you only have to look at the polls last season and how much they swung on a match by match basis to see how fickle some are.

I'm not stubborn as in I refuse to see the good stuff and my mind will never be changed, I do and I note it but when the negatives outweigh the positives i'll gauge my opinion on that basis.

Edited by Matt

12 minutes ago, Matt said:

Correct, well wouldn't say angry although I know what you mean, but is it not his job to try and change that, is it not his job to improve it or are we just going to continue making the same mistakes, playing the same boring football and tread water.... :dunno:

Because i've seen very little in 12 months.

He should, but that's easier said than done. In theory these players should be capable of moving the ball quickly and moving around - few of the three behind Vardy/Iheanacho are exclusively one position, Maddison, Ghezzal and Gray have all played wide and centrally but they seem very risk adverse. Whether that's a confidence thing, a misunderstanding of tactics or what I don't know, and it is something Puel needs to drill out of them if he's going to succeed, but sometimes the players do need to hold their hands up and admit they weren't good enough

7 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

It's plausible. I personally doubt it, but what do I know. I think the club is just wary of the winter transfer window - unless it's necessary, buying in winter is more expensive and is often a panic buy.

Judging by the way the club has p*ssed 60 million plus on crap signings since winning the title I would imagine they would be wary of any transfer window.

3 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

You do realise the so-called " Boo Boys " are the vast majority? have a look at the poll again eh.

8 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Puel's being ripped a new one by fans on Talksport just now.

Some excellent points raised.

7/4 to get sacked next. 

Yeah just listened to that....what they were saying and the presenters including the equally clueless and 2 faced Adrian Durham all seemed designed to stir up a storm....it annoyed me and made me hate Puel again after not feeling that way since Saturday...clever bloody media!!

3 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Puel's reaction was like mine seeing Albrighton make an attacking run and finish like that for the first time in his 4 years here. Why doesnt he do this more?

You don’t half post some tripe. Like Simpson, Albrighton has been one of the mainstays at this club for a long time. Both have generally given it their all.

You’re focusing on the wrong players to criticize. Look at Nacho last night, who was utter garbage. Look at how Maddison has been playing recently. Bang average.

Ndidi has hardly pulled up trees. 

‘Albrighton remains one of the players I’d be absolutely NOT picking on at present.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

You don’t half post some tripe. Like Simpson, Albrighton has been one of the mainstays at this club for a long time. Both have generally given it their all. 

You’re focusing on the wrong players to criticize. Look at Nacho last night, who was utter garbage. Look at how Maddison has been playing recently. Bang average. 

Ndidi has hardly pulled up trees. 

‘Albrighton remains one of the players I’d be absolutely NOT picking on at present.

I agree, Albrighton always puts his best in and usually does make a difference to games.

In answer to the poll. He should be backed.

I get that more performances have been poor rather than good, but I still think we are very much in transition. I think Puel has to pick players who wouldn't be near his own team, but has little choice due to the ineptitude of the two previous managers buying such poor players, which has tied his hands because no-one else wants them and the sort of player he wants cant be brought in until those deadwood players are moved on.

I like he promotes youth, I like he's trying to play a more stylish way, but I also get it's not popular with some fans because too many performances are not of the required standard.

I may change my mind on Puel once he shifts some of those aforementioned deadwood players, and any of his own replacements fail, but until then I'd prefer to him to develop the team.

And I really dread to think of managers like Fat Sam, Pardew or Hughes managing the club.

• Like 1