Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Should Claude Puel be sacked or backed? Poll

Should Claude Puel be sacked?  

772 members have voted

1. 1. Should Claude Puel be sacked or backed?

• Sack.
    • Keep him and back him in the transfer window.

31 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

In answer to the poll. He should be backed.

I get that more performances have been poor rather than good, but I still think we are very much in transition. I think Puel has to pick players who wouldn't be near his own team, but has little choice due to the ineptitude of the two previous managers buying such poor players, which has tied his hands because no-one else wants them and the sort of player he wants cant be brought in until those deadwood players are moved on.

I like he promotes youth, I like he's trying to play a more stylish way, but I also get it's not popular with some fans because too many performances are not of the required standard.

I may change my mind on Puel once he shifts some of those aforementioned deadwood players, and any of his own replacements fail, but until then I'd prefer to him to develop the team.

And I really dread to think of managers like Fat Sam, Pardew or Hughes managing the club.

But the same culpable member staff who got such poor players in under the stewardship of the two previous managers are still here, is it going to be much different?

Edited by Matt

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

You don’t half post some tripe. Like Simpson, Albrighton has been one of the mainstays at this club for a long time. Both have generally given it their all.

You’re focusing on the wrong players to criticize. Look at Nacho last night, who was utter garbage. Look at how Maddison has been playing recently. Bang average.

Ndidi has hardly pulled up trees. 

‘Albrighton remains one of the players I’d be absolutely NOT picking on at present.

Keep your knickers on, if anything I was impressed with Albrighton and want him to do it more. When has he ever ran in behind the defence and smashed one in? 

3 hours ago, Mee-9 said:

Puel's being ripped a new one by fans on Talksport just now.

Some excellent points raised.

7/4 to get sacked next. 

3 hours ago, tickler28 said:

Yeah just listened to that....what they were saying and the presenters including the equally clueless and 2 faced Adrian Durham all seemed designed to stir up a storm....it annoyed me and made me hate Puel again after not feeling that way since Saturday...clever bloody media!!

For anyone interested.

https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1545235200/1545238800/

0 minutes - 5 minutes - May aswell skip straight to 5 minutes, it's just adverts and news.

5 minutes - 9 minutes - Can't really disagree with anything Durham and Goughie say.

9 minutes - 15 minutes - Just talking penalties and poor penalties, nothing of note regarding the game.

15 minutes - 18 minutes - Adverts.

18 minutes - 27 minutes - Leicester fans calls and discussion.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

On 17/12/2018 at 15:23, Babylon said:

Come on, realistically he's had one proper transfer window, the first winter one he said himself that he didn't want to change anything as he felt like he had to give all the players a fair chance. I'm not sure we can argue with that. We've had and still got a ridiculous amount of surplus players who not only drain the budget, but bloat the squad. Whether it's him or Pep in charge, it's going to take time to get rid of all of those players and bring in players more suitable.

We have fixed the RB issue, CB's we're set for years now and the 10 issue is solved. Mahrez going has created another issue, I can't help but think he was let down on that one in the summer as there is no chance that Rachid was first choice. That along with CM are are now the two most obvious issues. Which I'm sure he's aware of, it's not like he's not seen the issues we all saw in other places and gone out to fix them.

As for not wanting players, how many times have we heard this? Pearson was the same, he'd always say he was happy with the squad. But he was constantly trying to change it, it's just political answers.

Ok...He had one propper window... and he had seen what nacho can or cant do.... yet he bought no striker in and si now he has to rely on nacho.  Its his fault..and if he loses his job he had done it to himself

3 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Ok...He had one propper window... and he had seen what nacho can or cant do.... yet he bought no striker in and si now he has to rely on nacho.  Its his fault..and if he loses his job he had done it to himself

He may have had the windows, but was sat with our bloated squad and tasked mainly with removing the dead wood and big earners before being able to buy. 

He then bought a modern RB, number 10, young and up coming CBs and a squad player winger to give us numbers. 

Striker wasn't our main issue, with the ones above taking priority. A striker will probably come next. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Would have got Burton and then final against top 4 team so guaranteed europa league place. Nice one Claude.

It's hardly the managers fault that some complete dickhead penalties were taken. As someone once commented after Jan Kermagants piss poor penalty,  'would he have taken it the same way if he personally was going to win a prize of millions of pounds?''

As for his team selection and tactics, bearing in mind the talent of the opposition and who he had available, I thought he got it right and it almost worked. A game is over 90 minutes and two halves and it doesn't have to follow that you have to play what some consider the best players from the start. It's about winning over the 90 minutes with a plan and it could have worked. Bad luck.

1 hour ago, DrezZone said:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but nobody is entitled to slate other people for their opinion...

Personally, I still back Puel. I won't explain why because there are a lot of sh1theads who will b1tch about it. 

Dunno, that Hitler guy's opinions were pretty whack!

If only, at the end of the Nuremberg rally, he'd said, "of course, that's just my opinion," then everything would have been all right!

43 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

It's hardly the managers fault that some complete dickhead penalties were taken. As someone once commented after Jan Kermagants piss poor penalty,  'would he have taken it the same way if he personally was going to win a prize of millions of pounds?''

As for his team selection and tactics, bearing in mind the talent of the opposition and who he had available, I thought he got it right and it almost worked. A game is over 90 minutes and two halves and it doesn't have to follow that you have to play what some consider the best players from the start. It's about winning over the 90 minutes with a plan and it could have worked. Bad luck.

It’s the managers fault we start slow every single week and turn out utter dross for large parts. And did we practice penalties in training for this eventuality? Didn’t look like it... manager at fault as much as the players

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

He may have had the windows, but was sat with our bloated squad and tasked mainly with removing the dead wood and big earners before being able to buy. 

He then bought a modern RB, number 10, young and up coming CBs and a squad player winger to give us numbers. 

Striker wasn't our main issue, with the ones above taking priority. A striker will probably come next. 

If a striker wasn’t our main issue then signing 2 young cbs for 30 million plus and then not playing them? Well basically WTF? Additional: add Danny Ward into ze Mixair and that’s 45 million on 3 players barely playing!

Edited by elvisfmcfly
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

It’s the managers fault we start slow every single week and turn out utter dross for large parts. And did we practice penalties in training for this eventuality? Didn’t look like it... manager at fault as much as the players

Yep, I can see Puel now in his prematch talk, 'now remember lads, if you remember nothing else, I want you to start as slow as possible, even better, if you can concede a goal just before half time, it will give us something to aim for in the second half '! ?

God knows why it happens, confidence? Puel has actually spoken about this and the other issue of supposed mindless side to side passing. He refuted both and certainly with latter claimed that is not what his intructions were  (I think he used the word intensiteee somewhere in that lot ?). As for penalties, who knows eh? Fuchs you can forgive and usually he'd score. Maddision was again a cocky little shit and believes his own hype and needs a bollocking. Soyuncu looked as if he bottled it. Penalties always a lottery but I would always favour the Vardy foot through the ball approach. 

5 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

If a striker wasn’t our main issue then signing 2 young cbs for 30 million plus and then not playing them? Well basically WTF? Additional: add Danny Ward into ze Mixair and that’s 45 million on 3 players barely playing!

That's the points. Young

They are easen for the future. We have 2 season with intention to do quick fix, spend money, huge one on peak player, hoping them to step up asap. It didn't end well, while also cut down so much money that we can't afford to fix our real problem until they decline which will be additional problem. 

At least those 45m were spend for someone who will be able to play for couple years rather than 1 or 2 player who will decline in just few years

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

We signed them because they are young players for the future. We brought Evans because they weren't ready. Ward was brought because we only had 2 keepers. If kasper was injured do you think Jakupovic is good enough and if so then who would be in goal for the under 23's

6 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

The clubs transfer policy is a total shambles and has been since 2016.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

If a striker wasn’t our main issue then signing 2 young cbs for 30 million plus and then not playing them? Well basically WTF? Additional: add Danny Ward into

ze Mixair and that’s 45 million on 3 players barely playing!

Just bought a pair of them. Whaddya think?

image.jpeg.6bbfc806579c5fefc6be3196fea1b488.jpeg

32 minutes ago, Attywolf said:

We signed them because they are young players for the future. We brought Evans because they weren't ready. Ward was brought because we only had 2 keepers. If kasper was injured do you think Jakupovic is good enough and if so then who would be in goal for the under 23's

I know why we bought them mate ffs! What I’m saying is 45 million would be better spent on players who are deemed ready for the first team now not as back up but to literally push out first teamers and improve the first team not the squad the first team first team