Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Should Claude Puel be sacked or backed? Poll

Should Claude Puel be sacked?  

772 members have voted

1. 1. Should Claude Puel be sacked or backed?

• Sack.
    • Keep him and back him in the transfer window.

7 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

In this day and age, why on Earth does the manager need to pander to fans? The one thing they need to do is to make sure the team is as good as they can make it (whether Puel has succeeded here is another argument).

Sure it's nice when fans feel like they know the manager, when they feel really involved in their job, but that's just an illusion anyway? All the "team discontentment" seems to be bullshutt, they look like his players. He isn't a zombie - he's made a couple of jokes, he's been adequate in conferences. 

He hasn't actively gone out and spat in our faces, has he? What more do we need?

I honestly think he is not the right fit for our club.

And it is not even passing football because I like that when executed well, but how we play it under Puel, it is so one paced.

Then comments like he probably won't strengthen much in January, if at all. 

I sat amongst the prawn sandwich brigade tonight(sth in family stand usually)

and puel was very vocal and animated

and seemed really annoyed with nacho most of the time when shouting instructions,

i likes how he was on the sidelines and being in a seat I don’t usually sit wondered if he was always like this as I carnt hear nor pay much attention to how he conducts himself when sat in my usual seat as it much further away from the pitch 

Edited by Russell sprout

1 hour ago, Monsell1976 said:

I agree we have a serious amount of shite players, on very high wages, with ffp could be a problem signing players.

That said it’s down to the manager to demand the surplus go, king 50g a week not named in the squad is a scandalous amount of money to be wasting, Okazaki whatever he’s on, Silva feel for the bloke, not a look in, on high wages, I could keep going.

Not just puel, but rudkin as well, the club player wise has been run poorly, and serious amount of money being wasted, and ffs James didn’t kick a ball for 2 1/2 years, gets a new contract, and hasn’t been off the treatment table since, probably on 50g a week, could you imagine the players we could at least try and get if we got rid of the unwanted, but they all have contracts, so we are ****ed

I think they have realised hence the departure of Musa, Ulloa etc.

As for King I just don't think there are any taker will to pay he's wages. I was listening to Talksport and a ex-manager, was say the hard part of football now in the PL is move players on as no where else pay the silly wages.

I think in the summer, a few will be at the end of contracts and will be gone.

Feel for Silva, he's whole time here has been a disaster from start to finish.

1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

And what was our alternative 

Vardy - knives would be out if he aggravated an injury 

Shinji - not your go to alternative for goals 

You might hope that Nacho would be up for it against his old club but his confidence is shot 

We are striker lite because Nacho has dipped well below expectations 

shinji  could have at least offered iheanacho the support he needed...

but honestly, i don’t think we have a single striker who  works at their best as a loan striker...

so maybe Puel needs to tweak his system a bit then? 

11 minutes ago, MPH said:

maybe Puel needs to tweak his system a bit then? 

I think we've figured out by now he has one master plan and one only.

These players, or others he brings in, WILL play his way.

He could be more flexible but he isn't, that's his choice.

It'll probably be his undoing and ultimately he can't have any complaints.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Russell sprout said:

I sat amongst the prawn sandwich brigade tonight(sth in family stand usually)

and puel was very vocal and animated

and seemed really annoyed with nacho most of the time when shouting instructions,

i likes how he was on the sidelines and being in a seat I don’t usually sit wondered if he was always like this as I carnt hear nor pay much attention to how he conducts himself when sat in my usual seat as it much further away from the pitch 

He's been animated since he came in most of the time but fans don't really pay much attention to the manager when the ball is in play, It's a bit sad but I often look at the manager when the ball is in play to see how they manage. He's passionate, seeing him after the goal today gave me a massive smile, a weight lifted off his shoulders as he repeatedly punched the air and look up at the sky. 

2 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

What confuses me is that he's been here well over a year and he still doesn't know his best side. 

I think it's pretty settled isn't it?

Schmeichel

Ricardo Morgan Maguire Chilwell

Mendy Ndidi

Albrighton Maddison Gray

Vardy

He'll sometimes drop Albrighton, but other than that it's almost all nailed on.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I think we've figured out by now he has one master plan and one only.

These players, or others he brings in, WILL play his way.

He could be more flexible but he isn't, that's his choice.

It'll probably be his undoing and ultimately he can't have any complaints.

agree completly.

its just bizare logic playing a system that gets plenty of crosses into the box.... and getting rid of your target men... 

• Like 2

He needs to go. If we spend money to build a better future  for the club he needs to. Really why would anyone be happy to keep him here now?. We spending millions on new training ground and stadium expansion for what?? To be playing in the championship or even if we lucky relegation battle. Am not having that sorry would have gone a few games ago for me but will see.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beechey said:

I think it's pretty settled isn't it?

Schmeichel

Ricardo Morgan Maguire Chilwell

Mendy Ndidi

Albrighton Maddison Gray

Vardy

He'll sometimes drop Albrighton, but other than that it's almost all nailed on.

He's always got a strange inclusion in the XI in him though. Like Diabaté the other week. 

It feels like he's on borrowed time now. We are at the stage where every loss is intensified because he's in charge, where as others might be forgiven his support and forgiveness has almost run dry. Losses to Chelsea and City seem inevitable and that will put him close to the edge before Cardiff.

Poor team selection tonight, that said we were a few spot kicks away from progressing. I think the troubles go deeper than the manager, the squad is so unbalanced just now and that's because we're trying to level years of bad signings, and although some might blame him that isn't claudes fault.

I can see the point of changing, but only if there is someone that is a better option out there. I was having this conversation with my mate on the way back from the game. We can't attract the type of manager we feel we deserve, we don't see an up and coming manager as the type of person  we should be going for so therefore we are left with the manager merry go round dross to go back to... arguably where we got Claude from.

Enough is enough.

The writing is on the wall, bored !

Sideways, backwards, sideways backwards... keeper puts it out for a throw in trying to hit full back .... 

Repeat start again.  

Never proactive , no one brave enough to break the lines . 

Hence backwards side ways passing. 

If we do create one/two chances per game our 3 forwards(in squad)  are under pressure to take chances after having zero service all game...!

Better football? Maybe more so than shakeys pass to marhez and vardy at every opportunity as quick as possible. (Hoof) 

But is a 70 yard Hollywood pass to our fullbacks the way forward??? 

Because we can’t pass forward , quick enough or confidently enough. Likewise crossing for the sakes of crossing. One forward against 4/5 defenders.

Time to go. I want to be inspired? 

Home and away same old.

BORED!!!

• Thanks 2

Just now, crisp packet said:

Enough is enough.

The writing is on the wall, bored !

Sideways, backwards, sideways backwards... keeper puts it out for a throw in trying to hit full back .... 

Repeat start again.  

Never proactive , no one brave enough to break the lines . 

Hence backwards side ways passing. 

If we do create one/two chances per game our 3 forwards(in squad)  are under pressure to take chances after having zero service all game...!

Better football? Maybe more so than shakeys pass to marhez and vardy at every opportunity as quick as possible. (Hoof) 

But is a 70 yard Hollywood pass to our fullbacks the way forward??? 

Because we can’t pass forward , quick enough or confidently enough. Likewise crossing for the sakes of crossing. One forward against 4/5 defenders.

Time to go. I want to be inspired? 

Home and away same old.

BORED!!!

Is that mourinho or puel you're on about

On 17/12/2018 at 03:15, Pete from the USA said:

I voted "back" but have a question for those who voted "sack". Puel has managed Leicester into a stable, mid-table Premier League team that wins about as many games as it loses. We see some good performances and some flat performances like Saturday against Crystal Palace. Slow improvement seems possible under Puel, but most people are calling for his head. 

Here's my question: What league position do we expect? Should the next manager land us in the top six after one or two transfer windows? If he doesn't, will we be calling for his head too?

The reason I ask is that I don't think becoming a top-six side is that easy. It takes more than a consistent lineup and some spirited performances. 

Good points. I think the issue lies with Puel himself and whether he has the man management skills to improve the players he has, at the moment I cant see much evidence of this. I think it goes further than just league position now. Its the disjointed, unorgonised team we see for 75mins every week (until we go behind). Not looking into yesterdays cup match too much, form largely goes out the window for those. The next few performances will determine whether hes adept or not.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

The manager has little input on this sort of thing, the DOF and Chairman decide. 

Maybe they have already decided not to give him any money in January because they know he's out at the end of the season.

The other thing I have to say is it isn't even necessarily his ideal of passing football I am anti. It's always been my preferred way to see the game played. But we don't play it with enough speed and awareness. Cloughie got players from all sorts of backgrounds executing it very well during his tenures at Derby and Forest. Wenger evolved the philosophy again in the English game and Pep and others since. 

If we want to really compete with the best, we've got to be a lot more composed on the ball playing this way.

What is disappointing after a year we haven't even ironed out the creases yet and anyone coming in  (should that happen) needs to be a lot more stern where that sort of thing is concerned. One or two mistakes per game, we accept, but not every 3rd or 4th pass.

2 minutes ago, Robin JD Popley said:

The other thing I have to say is it isn't even necessarily his ideal of passing football I am anti. It's always been my preferred way to see the game played. But we don't play it with enough speed and awareness. Cloughie got players from all sorts of backgrounds executing it very well during his tenures at Derby and Forest. Wenger evolved the philosophy again in the English game and Pep and others since. 

If we want to really compete with the best, we've got to be a lot more composed on the ball playing this way.

What is disappointing after a year we haven't even ironed out the creases yet and anyone coming in  (should that happen) needs to be a lot more stern where that sort of thing is concerned. One or two mistakes per game, we accept, but not every 3rd or 4th pass.

Feel like half of you were so miserable you couldn't even enjoy this

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi