Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Crinklyfox

Mourinho gone

2 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Pogba will feel vindicated I suppose (in his own mind at least) but he'd have been better just not bothering. 

Alternatively, he could have sent Jose a text instead but no one would have noticed that so it probably didn't register with him as an option.

I was more getting at the fact that people were excusing the social media behaviour of one of ours. 

'It doesn't matter, millennials don't mean stuff like that.' 

8 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

OG Solskjaer contender in a caretaker role.

I suppose he'll usually appear inside the stadium at around the 89th minute.

If he turns out to be as successful as his Cardiff stint then I'm all for it.

Edited by Nalis

47 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I was more getting at the fact that people were excusing the social media behaviour of one of ours. 

'It doesn't matter, millennials don't mean stuff like that.' 

But it really doesn’t matter. Perhaps the internet just isn’t for you tbh 

7 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

£24m pay off apparently.

Merry Xmas Mourinho, massive payday and no stress for the foreseeable

It's so strrange Clubs have an incentive for their manager to try for poor results. Reminds me of the Paul Lambert at Villa days where it was obvious he had given up and was just waiting for a silver bullet

Solskjaer or however you spell it lol !

I don't care if you're a club legend or not, for fans who would say their club is the biggest in the world to be delighted to have appointed someone who has done virtually nothing (might have won the Norwegian League with Molde pre 2014?) is just bewildering.

1 hour ago, Walkers said:

I don't care if you're a club legend or not, for fans who would say their club is the biggest in the world to be delighted to have appointed someone who has done virtually nothing (might have won the Norwegian League with Molde pre 2014?) is just bewildering.

Seasons shot now so no point rushing a permanent manager in. This is low risk for all involved if you ask me. They dont expect much and ole gets to try out the EPL.

On 18/12/2018 at 23:04, Walkers said:

I've a feeling he's been placed there because he's a club man and is unlikely to say anything controversial.

The absolute antithesis of Jose, if you will. I suspect there will be a hand from above manoeuvring him during his tenure, though they'll deny it.

Image result for alex ferguson gifs

Edited by Max Wall

8 minutes ago, FilbertFrog said:

Wonder if he can ever be the manager he was at Chelsea first time 

the game seems to have passed him by 

No chance. Even putting aside tactical advances, his stock was never higher than his first time at Chelsea really. He'd won the Champions league with Porto, a relative minnow in European football. His Chelsea team were ripping it up and he seemed to have Ferguson's number. Players must have hung on  his every word then. Easy to listen to a young, successful manager who is full of verve and self belief.

The water under the bridge since has exposed him somewhat though. Players must hear some of his comments now and just think 'what a wanka'. There's very little chance he can regain that aura of invincibility he seemed to have at that point. That must have been inspiring for players, usually making his teams even better than the sum of their parts. Now, he just seems to make teams worse than the sum of their parts. 

1 hour ago, Max Wall said:

No chance. Even putting aside tactical advances, his stock was never higher than his first time at Chelsea really. He'd won the Champions league with Porto, a relative minnow in European football. His Chelsea team were ripping it up and he seemed to have Ferguson's number. Players must have hung on  his every word then. Easy to listen to a young, successful manager who is full of verve and self belief.

The water under the bridge since has exposed him somewhat though. Players must hear some of his comments now and just think 'what a wanka'. There's very little chance he can regain that aura of invincibility he seemed to have at that point. That must have been inspiring for players, usually making his teams even better than the sum of their parts. Now, he just seems to make teams worse than the sum of their parts. 

I would agree with that totally 

I think he could do a job at a medium size club for a few years etc...

12 hours ago, FilbertFrog said:

Wonder if he can ever be the manager he was at Chelsea first time 

the game seems to have passed him by 

12 hours ago, Max Wall said:

11 hours ago, FilbertFrog said:

I would agree with that totally 

I think he could do a job at a medium size club for a few years etc...

I am not a Jose fan!!  Never was really..but I respect his achievements.

.I never fell into the trap,of hanging onto everything/anything any Top manager had to say...

Klopp and Pochitino,haven't yet reached his hights...but I like both..

Guardiola might just pip him....

"Schadensfreude"  from us nobodies runs somewhat array..!!

His demure,is like marmite for many...you like it,or hate it...For me...you listened to him,he created good food for the fans and media,

then we/they reacted...so he did his job!!  Why it didn't work at Manutd..??:dunno:

..maybe the players were spoilt and in reality were just snowflakes

so just posting something from one of his ex-players..

People talk about his style compared to the likes of Klopp and Guardiola but everyone has a different interpretation on how football should be played. If everyone played the same way as Klopp or Guardiola's teams I think it would be pretty boring after a while with everyone doing the same thing.

"This is what makes football so appealing. There is such a variety of styles, and just because one manager employs a different style to another doesn't make them outdated or yesterday's man."

"I don't think you become outdated all of a sudden. I just think it is down to the players not applying what the manager's expecting from them.

"Mourinho is still one of the best in the world. He has not become a bad manager overnight."

• 2 weeks later...