Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bedford Fox

Brendan Rodgers..yay or nay?

Brendan Rodgers  

734 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy if Rodgers took charge?

• Yes
    • No way

11 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Falls firmly into the better than Puel category but you can say that about a good 50% if not more of managers linked to us.

Most of the links to us are little more than fans wishlists though. The fact that even then you only see half the managers as better options shows the problems with ditching a manager who is middling as opposed to rubbish. You could easily make it worse. 

Edited by Gubbins

Can see Patrick Roberts being his first signing, who our recruitment team have pursued for a couple windows now. 

Think it would be a good signing and he’s another with huge potential. Also it’s the last year of his contract so he should only cost £10m or less.

Roberts and the return of Benkovic means we’d only really need another LB, CM and a CF.

43 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Can see Patrick Roberts being his first signing, who our recruitment team have pursued for a couple windows now. 

Think it would be a good signing and he’s another with huge potential. Also it’s the last year of his contract so he should only cost £10m or less.

Roberts and the return of Benkovic means we’d only really need another LB, CM and a CF.

Callum Elder I would imagine is going to be our planned back up LB. I noticed that he had a lot of positive comments from Ipswich Town fans on social media following a recent match.

Che Adams maybe for CF if those rumours are to be believed. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, foxes21 said:

If he did come in and identified LB as a position we need to strengthen, there is absolutely NO CHANCE he wouldn't try and get Tierney in. Would cost a fair amount though. 

3 hours ago, Tuna said:

17th place Newcastle.

why does it matter where he is with his current club?

dont get me wrong im not a huge fan of getting Benetiz in,  and I got shot down for suggesting Wagner because of the position Hudderfield are in.

but the comparing between Leicester and Newcastle is not fair, their owner is a penny pinching ratbag, any half decent player they unearth he sells for a profit, the investment in that team / club has been non existent for a number of years.

Huddersfield are a tiny club, think about how difficult it is for us to sign players of quality when you have the likes of Everton and West Ham throwing cash around all over the place, not to mention the La Liga clubs that are more attractive propositions in a warmer climate and easier league.

now imagine how hard it is for Huddersfield to sign real premier league quality.

Im not saying Wagner or  Benetiz are the answer, im not even saying Rogers is.

All i know is Puel has to go.

3 minutes ago, Cujek said:

but the comparing between Leicester and Newcastle is not fair, their owner is a penny pinching ratbag, any half decent player they unearth he sells for a profit, the investment in that team / club has been non existent for a number of years.

We have sold far more quality players over recent years than they have! Fair enough with the lack of investment but they haven't had that many big fees in other than Mitrovic who was average for them anyway. I can't remember them losing someone who they wanted to keep since Cabaye to PSG in 2014.

4 minutes ago, mancunianfox said:

We have sold far more quality players over recent years than they have! Fair enough with the lack of investment but they haven't had that many big fees in other than Mitrovic who was average for them anyway. I can't remember them losing someone who they wanted to keep since Cabaye to PSG in 2014.

But they also haven't bought anyone that we would want in our first team, maybe Shelvey (but that's an indication of our midfielders at the moment) and as you say mitrovich, he would have done a job for us.

We have sold more of course, but we have had a lot more quality to sell.

Also we have bought some absolute dross, musa, Slimani etc. Newcastle haven t even done that, they didn't really even replace mitrovich, we moan at having iheanacho, they have Perez!

Benetiz knows the prem and had oriced his loyalty and done Well With what he has, but I'm still not sure he would be the right fit for us. 

3 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

If he did come in and identified LB as a position we need to strengthen, there is absolutely NO CHANCE he wouldn't try and get Tierney in. Would cost a fair amount though. 

All depends if we’ve still got Chillers. Two excellent young left backs neither would be happy benched

42 minutes ago, Cujek said:

But they also haven't bought anyone that we would want in our first team, maybe Shelvey (but that's an indication of our midfielders at the moment) and as you say mitrovich, he would have done a job for us.

We have sold more of course, but we have had a lot more quality to sell.

Also we have bought some absolute dross, musa, Slimani etc. Newcastle haven t even done that, they didn't really even replace mitrovich, we moan at having iheanacho, they have Perez!

Benetiz knows the prem and had oriced his loyalty and done Well With what he has, but I'm still not sure he would be the right fit for us. 

I’d love to sign Shelvey. Finally we’d have a CM who could play a bit.

Temperamental though

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

As @rachhere said Elder is probably being lined up to be our Fuchs replacement. 

But I cried when they took O’neill from us lol. ( I was a kid at the time ). So it would be sweet revenge to nick a few of their stars.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rachhere said:

Callum Elder I would imagine is going to be our planned back up LB. I noticed that he had a lot of positive comments from Ipswich Town fans on social media following a recent match.

Che Adams maybe for CF if those rumours are to be believed. 

I have it on good authority that Elder has been told by the management that he will be back up LB next season.

Also, I must say, I have liked the look of Calvin Ughelumba in the Under 23s as well as the Under 18s skipper and England youth International Luke Thomas - if you count Schlupp too we've certainly got a knack for developing left backs at the moment. 

• 10 months later...
On 26/01/2019 at 00:08, Father Ted said:

I have it on good authority that Elder has been told by the management that he will be back up LB next season.

Also, I must say, I have liked the look of Calvin Ughelumba in the Under 23s as well as the Under 18s skipper and England youth International Luke Thomas - if you count Schlupp too we've certainly got a knack for developing left backs at the moment. 

Hmmm did you mean not very good authority?? 

• Haha 2

On 16/01/2019 at 17:32, SecretPro said:

I just think he must find his job pretty boring at this point - if the money's right etc I can't see him turning down a club with our ambition in the greatest league in the world. 

On 16/01/2019 at 16:44, SecretPro said:

I'll take your money. 

Never knew you we're an ITK. :wave: