Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bedford Fox

Brendan Rodgers..yay or nay?

Brendan Rodgers  

734 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy if Rodgers took charge?

• Yes
    • No way

I do feel for Puel a bit as he's now down on his luck too, after the 4-3 at Wolves and the kamikaze ending there has not helped his cause; but we have to say it's a reflection of the lack of understanding between him and the players. More shameful was his treatment of the Cup competitions especially the FA Cup that made me fume watching that team, the  abject and casual display from the out of form players that he selected. That was disgraceful and embarrassing.

As to Rodgers, I would happily go for Ginger over Brendan; after all my gran in a pinny could do a better job than is being done today. 

Edited by oxtonfox

This doesn’t sound like the words of a man who is staying at the club

RODGERS INDIFFERENT OVER SHVED

Brendan Rodgers has confirmed Celtic are set to sign Maryan Shved, but appears less than enthusiastic about the recruitment of the winger.

"I can't say I know a great deal about him but what I have seen he is a talent and something that will probably benefit the club in the future," Rodgers said.

"We've got about a million wingers and don't need another one but he's a talent and in the summer we'll probably lose wingers and he'll look to come in.

"It's an opportunity for the club to sign a young talented player but not one that will probably help us now.

"The club have been in contact with his representatives and he is a player for the future."

27 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Brendan Rodgers has confirmed Celtic are set to sign Maryan Shved, but appears less than enthusiastic about the recruitment of the winger.

"I can't say I know a great deal about him but what I have seen he is a talent and something that will probably benefit the club in the future," Rodgers said.

"We've got about a million wingers and don't need another one but he's a talent and in the summer we'll probably lose wingers and he'll look to come in.

"It's an opportunity for the club to sign a young talented player but not one that will probably help us now.

"The club have been in contact with his representatives and he is a player for the future."

that’s a very bizarre thing for a club manager to say...

not in control of transfers then?

1 hour ago, MPH said:

that’s a very bizarre thing for a club manager to say...

not in control of transfers then?

No he's not, and it's why the Celtic fans expect him to leave. He wanted backing so the club could make more of an impact in Europe, but the club didn't back him and also sold one of their better players earlier this season. He's already won the treble twice for them, so domestic competition is fairly irrelevant for them. Admittedly this season Rangers are much more competition, but I'd imagine that Rogers probably feels he's taken Celtic as far as he can and if the club won't back him then what is the point of staying around? 

Was it you that said a friend told you him coming to Leicester in the summer was basically 100% done already? It's pretty plausable. 

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

No he's not, and it's why the Celtic fans expect him to leave. He wanted backing so the club could make more of an impact in Europe, but the club didn't back him and also sold one of their better players earlier this season. He's already won the treble twice for them, so domestic competition is fairly irrelevant for them. Admittedly this season Rangers are much more competition, but I'd imagine that Rogers probably feels he's taken Celtic as far as he can and if the club won't back him then what is the point of staying around? 

Was it you that said a friend told you him coming to Leicester in the summer was basically 100% done already? It's pretty plausable. 

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out if it is 100% done.

I'd image Brendan would want a bit of a chance to say bye rather than just vanish in the summer... so may announce he is leaving once they've wrapped up a title or something. 

Also opens up the question about how we handle it.... if we lose are next three games heavily I could see Claude leaving and us putting Adam Sadler in charge for a few months whilst also asking Celtic if we could arrange an announcement of sorts... similar to when Pelligrini left Man City and Pep was announced?

55 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

No didn’t say that much but i know the interest in him is genuine.

Edited by MPH

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out if it is 100% done.

I'd image Brendan would want a bit of a chance to say bye rather than just vanish in the summer... so may announce he is leaving once they've wrapped up a title or something. 

Also opens up the question about how we handle it.... if we lose are next three games heavily I could see Claude leaving and us putting Adam Sadler in charge for a few months whilst also asking Celtic if we could arrange an announcement of sorts... similar to when Pelligrini left Man City and Pep was announced?

As in Happy Gilmore? Incredible suggestion.

• Haha 1

I think Rogers wants to get out from Celtic in the summer, nothing else he can achieve with them. With Rangers rising from the ashes. Its going to be extra hard for Celtic. 

Also with Roger's journo friends on talksport and newspapers banging on at him that it's now that he should get back to the Premier league to prove he is a great manager, looks like they are pushing the Leicester option as he's not going to any of the usual top 6 clubs. 

29 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Wagner yes, Benitez no (Downward spiral - Ashley driven)

Benítez isn’t on a downward spiral. He’s hamstrung by Ashley and has done remarkably well with his hands tied behind his back.

Benitez is ‘defensive’ in his attitude toward setting up teams but I’d much rather see him at the helm than Puel.

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Benítez isn’t on a downward spiral. He’s hamstrung by Ashley and has done remarkably well with his hands tied behind his back.

Benitez is ‘defensive’ in his attitude toward setting up teams but I’d much rather see him at the helm than Puel.

Each to their own I guess - Wagner feels right too me, Benitez less so.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FLAN said:

As Claudio revealed he was a just a coach and football coaches basically train and select the playing team.

Players are bought for the club by the head of recruitment that thinks they'll benefit the squad/team. 

Should imagine if a player has played for a manager previously he may be able to influence a signing i'm guessing.

1 hour ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

As Claudio revealed he was a just a coach and football coaches basically train and select the playing team.

Players are bought for the club by the head of recruitment that thinks they'll benefit the squad/team. 

Should imagine if a player has played for a manager previously he may be able to influence a signing i'm guessing.

It wasn’t what he said but how blunt he was about it