Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BenTheFox

Recruitment under Puel

3 minutes ago, siraaj_lcfc said:

For Fuchs Sake, Leave Gazelle alone, he's hardly had any game time and has been a bright spark in some games.

Well I must be watching him from a different angle. He oftens plays the ball back or sideways instead of being more attack minded and skinning his opponents. I certainly haven't seen many "bright sparks" from him.

2 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Well I must be watching him from a different angle. He oftens plays the ball back or sideways instead of being more attack minded and skinning his opponents. I certainly haven't seen many "bright sparks" from him.

He was one of the better players when he came on against palace

• Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

A closed mindset often discloses key ideas. Open your mind and you shall be amazed. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

I have. Whether he goes on and builds on that who knows?. He was certainly a brighter spark when he came on in his last appearance

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Remember all these good signings have nothing to do with Puel. 

Diabate isn't doing too well. That's a Puel signing. 

Madison who came because of Puel has done quite well, he doesn't listen to Puel.

Ricardo has been a revelation; nothing to do with Puel he trains himself and does his own tactics.

Soyunchu looked a bit shaky, bin.

Benkovich doing really well but it's only Scotland. He might as well be dead.

Ward, 12M for a back up keeper? FML!

Ghezzal this guy was discarded by the fans before he played a game. Good, he's not Mahrez and for that reason he's shit.

nevermind.

Edited by That_Dude

1 minute ago, siraaj_lcfc said:

A closed mindset often discloses key ideas. Open your mind and you shall be amazed. 

Don't be so damned rude. I've be watching/supporting the City since 1955 and I have seen a mass of players come and go, some one season wonders, some who never made the grade and some who have performed absolutely fabulously. Therefore, I put to you, 'Reserve Team' member that I have seen far more "talent" than you and when you have witnessed as much you too will be "amazed".

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Remember all these good signings have nothing to do with Puel. 

Diabate isn't doing too well. That's a Puel signing. 

Madison who came because of Puel has done quite well, he doesn't listen to Puel.

Ricardo has been a revelation; nothing to do with Puel he trains himself and does his own tactics.

Soyunchu looked a bit shaky, bin.

Benkovich doing really well but it's only Scotland. He might as well be dead.

Ward, 12M for a back up keeper? FML!

Ghezzal this guy was discarded by the fans before he played a game. Good, he's not Mahrez and for that reason he's shit.

Glass sure is half empty in your house. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Do you think he's trying to phase out Albrighton? He's started a number of our recent games and seems important to our play at the moment.

When Puel came in, he dropped Albrighton and then did the same at the start of the season too, but his brilliant attitude always gets him back in. I think that Puel dropped him initially because Albrighton is sometimes too direct and crosses the ball in often times when no one is there to receive it. But personally I have noticed subtle changes to his game that I think have got him back into the team. His work rate and pressing has never been in question, but now he tried cuter things than just always going for the cross, though he still is our most direct player. His goal in the cup was brilliant and his partnership with Ricardo is super solid offering both defensive stability and some of the creativity in our team. In the last 20-30 against Chelsea he was one of our most dangerous players and it's not the first time that has happened. He was brilliant when we were down to ten men versus Brighton too.

It's definitely a position that I could see Puel looking to recruit a better player for, but I think it's testament to Albrighton for upping his game and I think it's great that Puel has put him back in despite having Gray, Ghezal and Diabate to choose from even when two of those players are his own signings. If anything I imagine Albrighton will get a new contract at some point because he's an invaluable member of the squad IMO.

I don’t know for obviously and I’d find it difficult to justify not playing him. I just feel his over all strategy is to play 433ish with no wingers relying on wingbacks. I think he bought him back because we don’t yet have the players or players with the experience to play that formation plus he’s now using him in a 433 formation well he did yesterday.

i could be totally wrong it’s just an impression I have.

3 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I feel such a muppet now. :blush:

Don't be @worthosoriginals took it even further, after @sylofox and I had explained.

It can be hard to tell sometimes, but I'd seen a few reactions from @Grebfromgrebland recently that made me think he was generally willing to keep faith with current set up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Can we relax on the Ghezzal bashing after only 500 odd minutes played in mostly sub appearances where the game is either over or being chased? 

no, no, no lee. its not how it works around here, if a player hasnt scored a good few goals or supplied plenty of assists or 'works really hard' within a game or 2 or even a regular has a bad game. then what you do is start a thread condemning the player, or at least contribute to  that thread,  expertly with venom  or better still, go to the games and shout your shit at the player, that should do his confidence good.

same applies with every manager, until we win every game, every cup forever. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, 49er said:

Main failing has been to dispense with Ulloa, Slimani and Musa without bringing in a suitable replacement to play alongside Vardy. Think we need a big striker who can get on to the end of the crosses supplied by Albrighton, Ricardo and Chilwell. Could Slimani be the answer? Heading is his strong point. If not, we need someone in January - Mitrovic?

Don't disagree with this post because I think a big striker who is an alternative to Vardy/Iheanacho/Okazaki is a necessary addition but that might not be down to Puel.

With Ulloa I think the monetary offer from Pachua was a good opportunity for the club to move on an older striker and the player was able to move closer to home. With Musa, we'd have been foolish not to take the money on the table. With Slimani I don't think bringing him back is the right call. I'd rather cut our losses and sign an alternative because, whilst Slimani has a bit about him, for whatever reason he hasn't worked out with us.

2 hours ago, David Hankey said:

Don't be so damned rude. I've be watching/supporting the City since 1955 and I have seen a mass of players come and go, some one season wonders, some who never made the grade and some who have performed absolutely fabulously. Therefore, I put to you, 'Reserve Team' member that I have seen far more "talent" than you and when you have witnessed as much you too will be "amazed".

You know user titles are only linked to post count, don't you? They're utterly meaningless.

5 hours ago, 49er said:

Main failing has been to dispense with Ulloa, Slimani and Musa without bringing in a suitable replacement to play alongside Vardy. Think we need a big striker who can get on to the end of the crosses supplied by Albrighton, Ricardo and Chilwell. Could Slimani be the answer? Heading is his strong point. If not, we need someone in January - Mitrovic?

Yeaaaaa, Fulham really are selling their best chance of survival in winter :crylaugh:

Ghezzal is not a failed transfer on any level.

Ghezzal has been bought as backup for Maddison. From that angle it all makes sense. He's generally been good to very good when given chances as the Number 10, and without him, we would not be able to play Puel's 4231 at all if Maddison were injured. 7-14 million, depending on reports, was a good price, at least considering people were happy with a reserve keeper for 12 million. 

• Like 3