Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Facecloth

2019 Deathlist

11 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

If we’re allowed to go early I predict next years death list will sadly include

Harold Dickie Bird

June Brown

Julien Clary

Eddie Large

Michael Barrymore

Alex Ferguson

Alan Sugar

Bill Clinton

Gazza

Under 30's bonus

Greta Thunberg

2 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

If we’re allowed to go early I predict next years death list will sadly include

Harold Dickie Bird

June Brown

Julien Clary

Eddie Large

Gordon Brown

Jeremy Corbyn

Mary Berry

Barbara Windsor

Under 30's:

Alexander Ludwig

8 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

Frank Dobson, former Labour health secretary, dies aged 79. 

And Brian Mawhinney the ex Tory cabinet minister and Football League Chairman died yesterday.

I quite liked Brian Mawhinney and thought he seemed pretty genuine for a politician.

• Like 1

Imo, predicting deaths next year is rather bad form. The reality is that nobody knows what the future holds, so there's no point in coming up with random names of over-the-hill celebrities, unless they've been diagnosed with a terminal illness. Also, I find it depressing that some here seem to think that the idea of a Thatcher government reunion party being bombed is amusing.

Edited by String fellow

9 hours ago, String fellow said:

Imo, predicting deaths next year is rather bad form. The reality is that nobody knows what the future holds, so there's no point in coming up with random names of over-the-hill celebrities, unless they've been diagnosed with a terminal illness. Also, I find it depressing that some here seem to think that the idea of a Thatcher government reunion party being bombed is amusing.

For the record, I don't find the idea of anyone being bombed amusing. What I found amusing was pSinatra's selection of 5 prominent Tories from the 1980s, a bit of a targeted prediction. I don't know Sinatra personally, but have had enough exchanges with him on here to believe that (a) he's probably not keen on Tory policies; (b) he's not the sort of bloke who would plant bombs anywhere or approve of anyone else doing so, including at Tory events.

I see both the original Deathlist concept (https://deathlist.net/) and this thread as dark humour laughing at life and death - the two things we all have in common - not laughing at particular people dying or at imagining their sudden death.

If you're going to take what I said seriously and literally, rather than as humour directed at Sinatra's selection, are you so much better than me, suggesting that people predict the deaths of people with terminal illnesses? I appreciate that some people don't like black humour like that - and they'd probably be better off avoiding this thread as it's based on black humour.

I also think I'm pretty consistent. I was actually due to have a minor heart op yesterday with a 1/500 chance of death (op postponed) and a couple of weeks ago I posted about it and invited people to take the piss out of me in this thread if I happened to die. Obviously, just as I hope nobody really gets blown up, I also hope that I don't die.....but if I do, feel free to have a laugh at my expense. :ph34r:

Edited by Alf Bentley
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/11/2019 at 20:40, MattP said:

Michael Barrymore

Alex Ferguson

Alan Sugar

Bill Clinton

Gazza

Under 30's bonus

Greta Thunberg

Do you genuinely believe that she will die next year or are you so far over to the right that the thought of someone wanting to do something about the environment truly offends you that much?

32 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

Raymond Poulidor  "The Eternal Second" French Cycling Icon has died at the age of Eighty Three. He was renowned for finishing on the podium at the Tour De France eight times from 1962 to 1976 without ever winning the yellow jersey.

..... and every time he finished just in front of Tottenham Fvcking Hotspur. :punk:

6 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

Do you genuinely believe that she will die next year or are you so far over to the right that the thought of someone wanting to do something about the environment truly offends you that much?

I don't even get this post?

Do I think she'll die? Possible - it can happened to any of us? I have no idea what politics has to do with this.

7 minutes ago, MattP said:

Do I think she'll die? Possible - it can happened to any of us? I have no idea what politics has to do with this.

...because she is a leading figure for this year precisely because of politics - as much as I personally would wish that climate issues could be apolitical.

There's no real need to be coy, seeing as other more likely candidates below 30 are available.

NB. Though I have to say that any polarising figure is likely going to bring up the same kind of discussion, so don't think singling out is going on here.

1 hour ago, MattP said:

I assumed you were fishing for outraged wind-up victims - so I found your nomination of Greta quite amusing.

Someone nominated Prince George last year, didn't they? lol

Mind you, anyone a bit politically controversial probably does stand a higher-than-usual chance of a premature demise, given the assorted nutters out there these days....so might not be a bad prediction. I hope it doesn't happen, obviously.

Still, we've both been told off, now.....the bad boys of the Deathlist thread. :D

3 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

I assumed you were fishing for outraged wind-up victims - so I found your nomination of Greta quite amusing.

Someone nominated Prince George last year, didn't they? lol

Mind you, anyone a bit politically controversial probably does stand a higher-than-usual chance of a premature demise, given the assorted nutters out there these days....so might not be a bad prediction. I hope it doesn't happen, obviously.

Still, we've both been told off, now.....the bad boys of the Deathlist thread. :D

It's a sad day when you are pulled up for Greta Thunberg but not Prince George.

The deathsweep we do in our local is always highly political and raises a lot of laughs - Greta wouldn't even raise an eyebrow in that one, someone once had a fellow local drinker and it nearly ended in a fight lol

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

It's a sad day when you are pulled up for Greta Thunberg but not Prince George.

The deathsweep we do in our local is always highly political and raises a lot of laughs - Greta wouldn't even raise an eyebrow in that one, someone once had a fellow local drinker and it nearly ended in a fight lol

Imagine if the fight had happened and resulted in a fatal head injury to the offended nominee......or to the nominator, and nobody had put his name forward? :whistle:

5 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Imagine if the fight had happened and resulted in a fatal head injury to the offended nominee......or to the nominator, and nobody had put his name forward? :whistle:

We actually have a rule where if you die the celeb you pick can come and pick up the winnings (usually £80-100).

The opportunity arose for the first time in 2014 when a girl who selected Gazza unfortunately passed away - I think had that happened now he'd happily make the effort to come and collect his money given his locality.

The competition has thrown up interesting stories - a photo finish one year where Denis Healey and Jimmy Hill died on the same day, we trawled the obituaries trying to find out who had gone first but couldn't get confirmed evidence so had to split the pot - contacting the families was considered lol

Edited by MattP

1 minute ago, MattP said:

We actually have a rule where if you die the celeb you pick can come and pick up the winnings (usually £80-100).

The opportunity arose for the first time in 2014 when a girl who selected Gazza unfortunately passed away - I think had that happened now he'd happily make the effort to come and collect his money.

The competition has thrown up interesting stories - a photo finish one year where Denis Healey and Jimmy Hill died on the same day, we trawled the obituaries trying to find out who had gone first but couldn't get confirmed evidence so had to split the pot - contacting the families was considered lol

🙈

Jean Fergusson , best known for playing Marina in Last of the Summer Wine, aged 74.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-50431493

And one that was missed, her co star Juliette Kaplan, who played Pearl in the show, died in October aged 80.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49193273