Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Facecloth

2019 Deathlist

On 11/12/2019 at 22:42, Milo said:

Just seen this - was one of the backdrop characters of my childhood. Sad. 

Surprised to see that he was a bit of a climate change denier, tbh. 

There was the argument that Earth goes through natural cycles of heating and cooling and it wasn't that outrageous to suggest it a hoax back in the 80s or 90s. 

I'm surprised the BBC dropped that in the article confirming his death though...

Has anyone nominated former Pakistan dictator / President Musharraf?

Sounds as if his odds with the bookies have shortened drastically: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-50819772 :ph34r:

"General Pervez Musharraf, Pakistan's former military leader, has been sentenced to death at a special court hearing in Islamabad.The three-member court sentenced him over a high treason charge that has been pending since 2013.

Gen Musharraf seized power in a military coup in 1999 and served as the country's president from 2001 to 2008. He is currently in Dubai after being allowed to leave the country for medical treatment in 2016.

The charge relates to Gen Musharraf's suspension of the constitution in 2007, when he imposed emergency rule in a move intended to extend his tenure".

6 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

Has anyone nominated former Pakistan dictator / President Musharraf?

Sounds as if his odds with the bookies have shortened drastically: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-50819772 :ph34r:

"General Pervez Musharraf, Pakistan's former military leader, has been sentenced to death at a special court hearing in Islamabad.The three-member court sentenced him over a high treason charge that has been pending since 2013.

Gen Musharraf seized power in a military coup in 1999 and served as the country's president from 2001 to 2008. He is currently in Dubai after being allowed to leave the country for medical treatment in 2016.

The charge relates to Gen Musharraf's suspension of the constitution in 2007, when he imposed emergency rule in a move intended to extend his tenure".

I'm guessing he may choose to stay in Dubai.

1 minute ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

I'm guessing he may choose to stay in Dubai.

That would be an understandable response in the circumstances....

I wonder if Pakistan will make serious efforts to extradite him and whether the UAE will comply or resist?

The death sentence might just be a grand gesture, I suppose.

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 11:56, General Smuts said:

As the undisputed King of the Deathlist TM and as I've got little to no chance of getting on here properly before next year my way too early for next year predictions are:

1. Olivia De Haviland

2. Kirk Douglas

3. Vera Lynn

4. Olivia Newton John

5. Roberta McCain

U40 - 6ix9ine or Demi Lovato if he doesn't make the New Year

8 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Don’t want to piss on anyone’s party but I don’t really get deathlist 

What are you meant to do when one of yours comes in  - punch the air and shout back of the net ? 

Weird ! 

Anyway, rant over - bah humbug

No really, its just predictions of celebrities passing away. Celebrity deaths are usually big news, so it runs along side it.

On 19/12/2019 at 09:35, Mike Oxlong said:

Don’t want to piss on anyone’s party but I don’t really get deathlist 

What are you meant to do when one of yours comes in  - punch the air and shout back of the net ? 

Weird ! 

Anyway, rant over - bah humbug

Don't be so absurb.....

.....You shout 'back of the grave'

Edited by Nalis

7 minutes ago, pSinatra said:

Billy Hughes, aged 70

Ex-City player (but mainly Sunderland)

Have an early memory of him playing for Sunderland in the 1973 Cup Final, when they shocked Leeds 1-0.

I suppose the equivalent of that result today would be the current Liverpool side losing the FA Cup Final to Forest.....but in an era when the FA Cup mattered a lot more.

Fine tash, too, as Nalis says. He could have acted in spaghetti westerns with that!

15 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Martin Peters World Cup Hero

Sad that These 66 legends,are Now fading/dieing,before they could see is Lift the trophy a 2nd time...Back then,Nobody just nobody including other countries

would not believe that it would take England so long....!!

On 21/12/2019 at 17:31, fuchsntf said:

Sad that These 66 legends, are now fading/dying, before they could see us lift the trophy a 2nd time... Back then nobody, just nobody, including other countries, would not believe that it would take England so long...!!

For that, read: "it will never happen again"

On 21/12/2019 at 17:31, fuchsntf said:

Sad that These 66 legends,are Now fading/dieing,before they could see is Lift the trophy a 2nd time...Back then,Nobody just nobody including other countries

would not believe that it would take England so long....!!

1966 - Peters, Banks, Moore, Charlton

2019- Alli, Tomori, Mount, Pickford, Dier and Rose