Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Facecloth

2019 Deathlist

Fairly amazed Ginger Baker made it to 80 to be fair. Extremely spiky character, but what a drummer. 

A true great - and as someone who has spent a fair amount of time beating the skins myself (and no, that's not a euphemism...) an inspiration to me. Always remember him saying it's the notes (beats) you DON'T play that count the most. Great advice in many forms of art. Or life in general.

Just listen to any Cream tracks or Graham Bond or Blind Faith if you doubt his genius. Pure filthy beauty.

Another member of the bloody awkward squad leaves the stage. In these days of increasingly bland conformity we'll miss him. 

• Like 3

On 12 October 2019 at 08:47, Facecloth said:

RIP Robert Forster - Max Cherry in 'Jackie Brown'. Tarantino's best film for my money...him and Pam Grier were excellent in it. 

20 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy actor Stephen Moore dies aged 81. he was also Kevin the teenagers dad alongside Harry Enfield and also  starred In The Growing Pains of Adrian Mole.

Wasn't the worst actor portraying someone from Leicester (Mole's dad). That dodgy accolade has to go to Julie Walters for her embarrassingly inaccurate turn as Joe Orton's mam in '**** up your ears' - supposed to be from the Saff, but sounded like an extra from Peaky Blinders! 

Liked Stephen Moore in Clockwise (Mr Jolly, the music teacher, who never finished a...)

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

Leah Bracknell aka Zoe Tate from Emmerdale at 55.

I am of an age and I would watch Emmerdale cause of her (sad I know), very sad. When life is so bad, only few will get this but a few words from her when she felt trapped in a cage because of her illness. "If only you could find the door and step out to freedom and life as it was before. If only you could wake from the nightmare, dawn breaks and you realise that it was all just a bad dream. And life is wonderfully normal again. Yes only." 

On ‎29‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 02:25, General Smuts said:

I’ve had mine written on a bit of paper since early December and have managed to lose that bit of paper. So a bunch of new guesses:

1. Heather Locklear

2. Jade Goody’s Mum

3. Linda Nolan

4. Leah Bracknell - Sept 2019

5. Valerie Harper - Aug 2019

U40 - Aaron Carter

2 down ...

I wish I could transfer my overwhelming success in this one specific area of expertise into monetary gain.

Edited by General Smuts
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Gay Byrne who presented Irelands the Late Late show from the 60s until almost all the way to the 90s has died at 85. It used to be shown on Channel 4 on Monday afternoons during the 90s.

He moved to the UK in the 60s to make it on TV but was overshadowed by Terry Wogan.

Edited by Blue ROI

On ‎30‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 16:22, Jattdogg said:

Sad, oddly I was thinking of pulling the next series of movies out and giving them a watch..remember the wash with dre and snoop?..I wonder if these movies have aged well.

• Like 1

As the undisputed King of the Deathlist TM and as I've got little to no chance of getting on here properly before next year my way too early for next year predictions are:

1. Olivia De Haviland

2. Kirk Douglas

3. Vera Lynn

4. Olivia Newton John

5. Roberta McCain

U40 - 6ix9ine or Demi Lovato if he doesn't make the New Year

9 minutes ago, General Smuts said:

As the undisputed King of the Deathlist TM and as I've got little to no chance of getting on here properly before next year my way too early for next year predictions are:

1. Olivia De Haviland

2. Kirk Douglas

3. Vera Lynn

4. Olivia Newton John

5. Roberta McCain

U40 - 6ix9ine or Demi Lovato if he doesn't make the New Year

Couple of them are on my list this year, so you're not having them until Jan the first :thumbup:

7 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

White Helmets co-founder James Le Mesurier dead at age 48, fell off a balcony in Turkey:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-50375869

The very link you provide says the cause is unknown. I've only heard one interview about his death but rumours are around it may be more sinister.

9 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

The very link you provide says the cause is unknown. I've only heard one interview about his death but rumours are around it may be more sinister.

Yeah, I pieced that together from another article on another news website. CNN says this:

Le Mesurier's friend, freelance journalist Oz Katerji, told CNN Le Mesurier's wife told him he fell from their balcony while she was asleep.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/11/11/europe/syria-white-helmets-backer-james-le-mesurier-intl/index.html

8 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Yeah, I pieced that together from another article on another news website. CNN says this:

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/11/11/europe/syria-white-helmets-backer-james-le-mesurier-intl/index.html

Still not conclusive then, if she was asleep when it occured?

Edited by Facecloth

10 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Still not conclusive then, if she was asleep when it occured?

Well, he must've fallen off the balcony, that much is established. How and/or why he fell is another question, of course.

I have faith in the Turkish authorities to solve this crime. :whistle: