Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
PoshhFox

Puel In / Out Poll (12/01/19)

Puel In / Out poll (12/01/19)  

940 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Puel In or Out?

• In
    • Out

My head hurts...

We can play really really well like last night, with Ndidi back to his best, Maguire and Evans exemplary and then seeing Hamza coming on and playing like he did... amazing

Then another week we can look a boring, dour side with no clue how to break teams down..

Perplexing!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

My head hurts...

We can play really really well like last night, with Ndidi back to his best, Maguire and Evans exemplary and then seeing Hamza coming on and playing like he did... amazing

Then another week we can look a boring, dour side with no clue how to break teams down..

Perplexing!

Ferdinand was interesting last night saying we should be more humble against the lower teams, let them have the ball a bit and draw them onto us. He was going to expand a bit more but Savage butted in

Do feel he was near the issue. I think its as much a mental thing as it is tactical. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Ferdinand was interesting last night saying we should be more humble against the lower teams, let them have the ball a bit and draw them onto us. He was going to expand a bit more but Savage butted in

Do feel he was near the issue. I think its as much a mental thing as it is tactical. 

He had some really good points tbh, he's a great pundit. Savage as usual just butts in and tries to be loud and "everyone look at me" kinda thing.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

He had some really good points tbh, he's a great pundit. Savage as usual just butts in and tries to be loud and "everyone look at me" kinda thing.  

Yeah, he was really annoying. Rio was trying to actually address the problem from a pros perspective with a view that hasnt even been stated on here before by anyone, and Savage just yelled the general schtik crowd pandering we've heard from all over the media

Would have loved to hear Ferdinand finish his thought but Savage ruined it, making his appearance last night not only pointless but counter-productive. Ridiculous considering he used to fuchin play for us

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Yeah, he was really annoying. Rio was trying to actually address the problem from a pros perspective with a view that hasnt even been stated on here before by anyone, and Savage just yelled the general schtik crowd pandering we've heard from all over the media

Would have loved to hear Ferdinand finish his thought but Savage ruined it, making his appearance last night not only pointless but counter-productive. Ridiculous as he used to fuchin play for us

Not sure why he was there tbh, may have played for us, but shows no where near the "bias" that the scouse lot do towards Liverpool. Doesn't add any decent input into discussions unless its about transfers and being a tw@t to get a move. Used to enjoy listening to Savage as he wasn't afraid to say stuff, but now its becoming childish and frankly a waste of time. 

What Rio could've said may have given everyone perspective about playing the smaller teams and what it's like as a pro. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

So counter attack... which we already know doesn't work that much against them. 

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

My head hurts...

Perplexing!

Yes thats the puel inigma... and were not the first of his clubs to recognise this.  Frankly we struggle at home against lower half clubs coz they park the bus and we cant break it down... throw in a few mishaps to give them goals and were all howling. 

We have to learn to deal with this. Send balls in to feet early or go round the back.. with players running in..

Imo we need more fitness... 

Further we always start so slow.

Technically puel can fix this  (my longterm belief that he is not right for us stems from 1. his lack of charismatic leadership  that fails to rally fans or players (see cascerino in todays times) and 2 he doesn't play the free scoring football i would love to see (... i know that is selfish)).  But while hes here he could and should fix the technical probs. 

Edited by foxinsocks

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

My head hurts...

Perplexing!

It's not perplexing really, the reasons have been done to death on here as to why that's the case. We know we can sit deep, defend and try and nick one. We've done that for years, but it will only work if someone gives you the space to. They gave us a bit, but not much and thankfully a set piece got us a goal. 

We are only deemed to have "played well" because we were up against a good team and defended stoutly. That sort of performance wouldn't be called good if it was against Cardiff, it would be called defensive and shite. 28% possession, 5 shots, 2 on target.

Against Cardiff we have 62% of possession, 16 shots, 7 on target, plus a missed penno and it's called dour and negative. We simply, as you say struggle to break teams down who leave 10 behind the ball all game (now that is negative, but you do what you need to like we did yesterday). We all know it, we're not trying to defend all game, we're trying to win I but how we go about it lacks variety, lacks movement and creativity. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It's not perplexing really, the reasons have been done to death on here as to why that's the case. We know we can sit deep, defend and try and nick one. We've done that for years, but it will only work if someone gives you the space to. They gave us a bit, but not much and thankfully a set piece got us a goal. 

We are only deemed to have "played well" because we were up against a good team and defended stoutly. That sort of performance wouldn't be called good if it was against Cardiff, it would be called defensive and shite. 28% possession, 5 shots, 2 on target.

Against Cardiff we have 62% of possession, 16 shots, 7 on target, plus a missed penno and it's called dour and negative. We simply, as you say struggle to break teams down who leave 10 behind the ball all game (now that is negative, but you do what you need to like we did yesterday). We all know it, we're not trying to defend all game, we're trying to win I but how we go about it lacks variety, lacks movement and creativity. 

At end of the day though, as a successful manager you've got to create a side capable of winning games against teams you should be capable of beating and particularly one that wins more often than not at home.

Anything you can nick against the top teams is a bonus.

With Puel it's the other way round, he only knows how to play as the underdog, despite being brought in to change our style to dominate games. He's a square peg in a round hole and these results against top teams only paper over the cracks as we won't be able to keep it up.

The most disturbing thing is we seem to look more and more clueless in games against defensive sides the longer he's here.

I'm firmly in the Puel Out camp and basing that opinion on having been to most home games this season (admittedly 0 aways where we appear to play better) and basing a judgement on the average game not being blinded by some good results in high profile games on TV.

Edited by Arriba Los Zorros

57 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

At end of the day though, as a successful manager you've got to create a side capable of winning games against teams you should be capable of beating and particularly one that wins more often than not at home.

With Puel it's the other way round, he only knows how to play as the underdog, despite being brought in to change our style to dominate games. He's a square peg in a round hole and these results against top teams only paper over the cracks as we won't be able to keep it up.

The most disturbing thing is we seem to look more and more clueless in games against defensive sides the longer he's here.

I'm firmly in the Puel Out camp and basing that opinion on having been to most home games this season (admittedly 0 aways where we appear to play better) and basing a judgement on the average game not being blinded by some good results in high profile games on TV.

So just to be 100% clear. If by some remarkable quirk of fate you were handed the ownership of Leicester City, you would sack Puel tomorrow? And this would come after beating Manchester City, Chelsea and Everton and drawing away at the League leaders over the past 6 weeks, sitting on 32 points after 24 games having given more game time to young players than any other team in the league by a distance?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Even if we bought Pep Guardiola in (who meets your requirements), we wouldn't fair much better. A manager can only play games with the quality of players he has. We have made some stupid decisions in games, missed big chances and generally struggled to implement Puel's game plan in teams against "weaker" teams.

Yes, the manager at times can take some blame, no doubt. However, the bigger picture is we are doing OK, seeing development in the squad, in the style of play and in youth development particularly.

There is no manager that can guarantee success and enjoyable football. The only reason someone like Pep/Mourinho can get success is because they can buy any player they want and usually take over teams that are formed and developed. They just have to fine tune them to be machines. Even they don't always beat the lesser teams (see Newcastle Tuesday).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nickfosse said:

So just to be 100% clear. If by some remarkable quirk of fate you were handed the ownership of Leicester City, you would sack Puel tomorrow? And this would come after beating Manchester City, Chelsea and Everton and drawing away at the League leaders over the past 6 weeks, sitting on 32 points after 24 games having given more game time to young players than any other team in the league by a distance?

Yes, if my post didn't make it clear I am 'Puel Out' as are the majority of fans on Foxestalk, look at the poll. And Leicester fans in general if you talk to anyone at the games. 

3 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

So basically Rio has seen that when we have the opportunity to bully teams,ie, we have better players and control the game with Puel’s possession tactics, we are shit and they don’t work.

When we are forced by better opposition play a different way contrary to Puel tactics we are

more capable and a much better team. 

Exactly. Totally correct.

Just think on that premise Puel inners, and consider how blinkered and foolish you actually are.

Seriously. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Yes, if my post didn't make it clear I am 'Puel Out' as are the majority of fans on Foxestalk, look at the poll. And Leicester fans in general if you talk to anyone at the games. 

Fair enough. Makes absolutely no sense to me when you look at things objectively, but each to his own. 

Funnily enough, I do talk to people at games and most think the Puel out atmosphere and booing is pathetic. Unfortunately people who remain silent when we lose can’t be heard. 

• Like 1

Just now, NotTheMarketLeader said:

So basically Rio has seen that when we have the opportunity to bully teams,ie, we have better players and control the game with Puel’s possession tactics, we are shit and they don’t work.

When we are forced by better opposition play a different way contrary to Puel tactics we are

Just think on that premise Puel inners, and consider how blinkered and foolish you actually are.

Seriously. 

You're right. We should bring back Ranieri. Surely we'd win the league again.

Or maybe Martin O'Neill. Bring European football and league cup wins back.

You do know that when we play the Big 6 and perform, they are also Puel's tactics? Or do you think that is someone else doing the tactics for those games?

Seriously.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

So counter attack... which we already know doesn't work that much against them. 

Dont think he was thinking about it in such a black and white manner about tactical approach, although you have said we'd.probably have got more results playing like that, but more about mental approach. How often do people on here say "he's not as good as he thinks he is etc", not without some cause.  Part of it is we get up more for bigger games

21 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Seriously. 

I dont think its that simple, think it depends on players and where the club is at at the moment and dont look at everything only through Puel and Possession v counterattack arguments

Players have said they cant put their finger on it and maybe they have ideas but i wouldnt be surprised if there is truth to that

19 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

Fair enough. Makes absolutely no sense to me when you look at things objectively, but each to his own. 

Funnily enough, I do talk to people at games and most think the Puel out atmosphere and booing is pathetic. Unfortunately people who remain silent when we lose can’t be heard. 

I agree with a lot of what you said - he's doing well in a lot of areas, particularly bringing through youth and good recruitment.  I just think he's better suited to being a director of football, as he shows serious limitations of not knowing how to break teams down in the Premier League and from the noises coming from the club motivating and managing players and he's been here long enough to show that these are qualities he doesn't have and will never have.

Plus his football is bloody deathly dull and if you're going to be mid-table, at least give fans something to shout about.

You only need look at how he did at Southampton - aka exactly the same as here, placement in table respectable if not amazing, good away form but terrible at home, losing games you'd expect to win with some shock results, not many goals, boring football, fans getting restless and ultimately the sack, to see history is repeating itself.

31 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Even if we bought Pep Guardiola in (who meets your requirements), we wouldn't fair much better. A manager can only play games with the quality of players he has. We have made some stupid decisions in games, missed big chances and generally struggled to implement Puel's game plan in teams against "weaker" teams.

Yes, the manager at times can take some blame, no doubt. However, the bigger picture is we are doing OK, seeing development in the squad, in the style of play and in youth development particularly.

There is no manager that can guarantee success and enjoyable football. The only reason someone like Pep/Mourinho can get success is because they can buy any player they want and usually take over teams that are formed and developed. They just have to fine tune them to be machines. Even they don't always beat the lesser teams (see Newcastle Tuesday).

If you're going to start off a response with a sarcastic comment like that, don't expect a serious reply.

Your opinion is yours but it doesn't make it correct. There are available managers out there who could do a much better job than Claude and not send us to sleep doing it, and I'm not talking about the ilk of Guardiola, Klopp or Simeone.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I agree with a lot of what you said - he's doing well in a lot of areas, particularly bringing through youth and good recruitment.  I just think he's better suited to being a director of football, as he shows serious limitations of not knowing how to break teams down in the Premier League and from the noises coming from the club motivating and managing players and he's been here long enough to show that these are qualities he doesn't have and will never have.

Plus his football is bloody deathly dull and if you're going to be mid-table, at least give fans something to shout about.

You only need look at how he did at Southampton - aka exactly the same as here, placement in table respectable if not amazing, good away form but terrible at home, losing games you'd expect to win with some shock results, not many goals, boring football, fans getting restless and ultimately the sack, to see history is repeating itself.

That’s all fair enough. My worry is precisely that of your last sentence. That Puel history repeats itself as it did at Southampton, and we sack him only to end up in a relegation battle with our next manager because his efforts and achievements were not properly appreciated by an over expectant fanbase. 

On that note, who is the manager who can take us to levels beyond Claude’s?

Edited by Nickfosse
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

If you're going to start off a response with a sarcastic comment like that, don't expect a serious reply.

Your opinion is yours but it doesn't make it correct. There are available managers out there who could do a much better job than Claude and not send us to sleep doing it, and I'm not talking about the ilk of Guardiola, Klopp or Simeone.

Firstly, you say there are managers out there. So available and willing to come to Leicester I assume. Would like to know which ones you would see as an upgrade to Puel?

Secondly, you say could do better than Puel. For me, that is the problem. Puel isn't killing us, we are comfortable in mid table. The uncertainty of bringing in someone else who may be no better, or worse, is not inspiring me.

However, it seems a few fans would rather take the risk of stepping a couple of years back again in the hope of enjoyable, successful football. I just don't think there is an easy solution to that. I would rather give Puel some more time as we could be doing a lot worse and I believe there are currently fine margins in games that could push us much further up the table.

1 hour ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Seriously. 

Ferdinand didn't say that. Your post is incoherent. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

What? No - the Puel out types tend to be very quiet at games - it's been a total of Southampton a couple of weeks ago where there's been any real noise against him and even that was half-hearted. The big noise against him is on here and that's about it.

Edited by The Doctor
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Dont think he was thinking about it in such a black and white manner about tactical approach, although you have said we'd.probably have got more results playing like that, but more about mental approach. How often do people on here say "he's not as good as he thinks he is etc", not without some cause.  Part of it is we get up more for bigger games

I said before far more defensive, based on the fact we wouldn't concede stupid goals defending deep with 10 men behind the ball. It wouldn't progress us any further than we are and would be even more boring. I get his point, but it didn't work under CR or CS against these teams.