Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
PoshhFox

Puel In / Out Poll (12/01/19)

Puel In / Out poll (12/01/19)  

940 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Puel In or Out?

• In
    • Out

8 hours ago, Babylon said:

I said before far more defensive, based on the fact we wouldn't concede stupid goals defending deep with 10 men behind the ball. It wouldn't progress us any further than we are and would be even more boring. I get his point, but it didn't work under CR or CS against these teams.

He was talking about players and how each of them approach the game mentally. He was cut off before he could elaborate

I think its only on here there is this simplistic binary view about counter attack versus possession.

13 hours ago, Babylon said:

It's not perplexing really, the reasons have been done to death on here as to why that's the case. We know we can sit deep, defend and try and nick one. We've done that for years, but it will only work if someone gives you the space to. They gave us a bit, but not much and thankfully a set piece got us a goal. 

We are only deemed to have "played well" because we were up against a good team and defended stoutly. That sort of performance wouldn't be called good if it was against Cardiff, it would be called defensive and shite. 28% possession, 5 shots, 2 on target.

Against Cardiff we have 62% of possession, 16 shots, 7 on target, plus a missed penno and it's called dour and negative. We simply, as you say struggle to break teams down who leave 10 behind the ball all game (now that is negative, but you do what you need to like we did yesterday). We all know it, we're not trying to defend all game, we're trying to win I but how we go about it lacks variety, lacks movement and creativity. 

Pretty much

9 hours ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Ferdinand didn't say that. Your post is incoherent. 

No he didn’t.

I extrapolated the theme of what another poster wrote, and used it to show the possibility that Puel’s tactical influence on our results could well be virtually nil.

With these players my cat would have us in this position, and he doesn’t even watch football.

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

No he didn’t.

I extrapolated the theme of what another poster wrote, and used it to show the possibility that Puel’s tactical influence on our results could well be virtually nil.

With these players my cat would have us in this position, and he doesn’t even watch football.

lol no you didn't.  You interpreted what I said through the only way you can look at anything regarding LCFC at the moment

I wasn't talking about Puel or his tactics.  The argument that the games we play poorly in are because of his tactics and the games we do well in are no tactics at all seems pretty far fetched

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

No he didn’t.

Twisted tosh then. 

Naturally you are entitled to your views and your anti-Puel opinions. But to push that by deliberately misrepresenting what a pundit didn't say (some might not realise that, despite the way it was actually written was nonsensical which prompted my post) is a tad low. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Ferdinand was interesting last night saying we should be more humble against the lower teams, let them have the ball a bit and draw them onto us. He was going to expand a bit more but Savage butted in

Do feel he was near the issue. I think its as much a mental thing as it is tactical. 

ive heard that said before but never elaborated on or confirmed by someone on how or when it was done.

definitely a mental thing i think.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

I thought that when I read it. I wonder who wrote it for him?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/puel-takes-pounding-leicester-still-13939109

Never thought I’d say this, but I agree with every word Robbie Savage says here, including the criticism for the team selection at Newport. 

5 hours ago, marcymarc666 said:

Great article by Robbie Savage in mirror online today. He's normally a bit of a nob but has got it spot on about Puel and our current situation.

I strongly disagree with the whole if we finish in the top 10 we are punching above our weight bollox ,are Bournemouth Watford and Wolves punching above their weight aswell then? And if so who are punching below their weight? For me apart from the top 6 and maybe even Everton and West Ham we should be easily in the top 10,we have overtaken your palaces and Saints.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

No he didn’t.

Right let’s start feeding Claude bowls of  Felix and Whiskas. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Nickfosse said:

Never thought I’d say this, but I agree with every word Robbie Savage says here, including the criticism for the team selection at Newport. 

Typical article about little old Leicester, no doubt written by some hack who was asked to do it with Savage's name attached.

And sorry, but I disagree about Newport. We started the side with SIX P/L winners, including all of the back four. We brought on two more P/L winners in King & Gray.

We lost that match, not because of fielding a weak team, but because our P/L winning captain was outjumped and out positioned by a 4th division striker, and another P/L winner had a handball brainfart to cost us the match which we should have been winning easily if another P/L winning striker, Okazaki, hadn't missed one or two glorious gilt edged chances. Vardy was injured anyway, so I'm really not sure who else we could have played up front to put away the countless decent chances we created, and Nacho had his usual 'couldn't give a rats ass' game. Apart from maybe James, I disagree that the team we put out was weak and should have been far too good for a league two side.

Also, I completely agree with jim5000 post. Let's get supporting Puel and stop moaning and getting hysterical after every loss or poor performance. Puel's won a top league, reached a C/L semi final, and won a European trophy, all because he was given time to build. I like what he's doing and given a bit of support instead of wanting instant success, (which, you may be surprised to learn, wont be any easier with ANY manager) you may find he'll surprise you.

Edited by ThaiFox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/01/2019 at 18:28, Le god said:

He shouldn't be the public face of Leicester City fc... The man has no personality and is unable to inspire any player

Could be worse,, could have Sari :thumbup:

10 hours ago, ThaiFox said:

Typical article about little old Leicester, no doubt written by some hack who was asked to do it with Savage's name attached.

And sorry, but I disagree about Newport. We started the side with SIX P/L winners, including all of the back four. We brought on two more P/L winners in King & Gray.

We lost that match, not because of fielding a weak team, but because our P/L winning captain was outjumped and out positioned by a 4th division striker, and another P/L winner had a handball brainfart to cost us the match which we should have been winning easily if another P/L winning striker, Okazaki, hadn't missed one or two glorious gilt edged chances. Vardy was injured anyway, so I'm really not sure who else we could have played up front to put away the countless decent chances we created, and Nacho had his usual 'couldn't give a rats ass' game. Apart from maybe James, I disagree that the team we put out was weak and should have been far too good for a league two side.

Also, I completely agree with jim5000 post. Let's get supporting Puel and stop moaning and getting hysterical after every loss or poor performance. Puel's won a top league, reached a C/L semi final, and won a European trophy, all because he was given time to build. I like what he's doing and given a bit of support instead of wanting instant success, (which, you may be surprised to learn, wont be any easier with ANY manager) you may find he'll surprise you.

I think you’ve got the wrong bloke mate. I’ve been arguing against those wanting him sacked all season. ?

You do realise that Savage is defending Puel in this article?

With regards to Newport I said at the time the selection of Shinji made no sense, especially as Maddison was left on the bench and hadn’t played the previous game against Everton. That he blew 3 golden chances came as absolutely no surprise to anyone who’s seen him front of goal recently. Not having Vardy on the bench was also a mistake in my opinion. But yes, I’ve argued he should be given time and every chance to build as you suggest too. 

Edited by Nickfosse

Don't know if it's been posted on here, but the similarities in how Southampton dismissed Puel and what we're seeing here are uncanny. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/jun/15/claude-puel-southampton-premier-league-expectations#img-1

I am a Puel in, partly because I do think he's building something. Frustratingly results have been inconsistent, particularly when we gain points where not expected and then lose them where we shouldn't. But I keep telling myself, it all balances itself out . . . doesn't it?

• Like 2

So I imagine that all the Puel outers who were advocating Eddie Howe as our next manager have changed their minds because he couldn’t even beat ****ing Cardiff have changed their minds yeah! Cos that’s how football works isn’t it?

• Like 1

Agree partially with the Savage Article. I think the media do play on our "miracle" like it was Accrington Stanley winning the first division at times. We are on the same level as West Ham, Southampton, Everton as a club now in my opinion. Remember Savage is part sheep so will be slightly jealous of our rise. 

I think it's important we try to get behind Claude now until season end. Experience tells you what momentum going in to a summer can do. Let's hope we can muster up 7 or 8 wins and take some real form in to the close season and assess again. 

2 hours ago, Nickfosse said:

So I imagine that all the Puel outers who were advocating Eddie Howe as our next manager have changed their minds because he couldn’t even beat ****ing Cardiff have changed their minds yeah! Cos that’s how football works isn’t it?

Yeah, because the only issue people have with Puel is that one Cardiff match :facepalm:

Edited by Ricey
  • Like 1

On 31/01/2019 at 23:04, The Doctor said:

What? No - the Puel out types tend to be very quiet at games - it's been a total of Southampton a couple of weeks ago where there's been any real noise against him and even that was half-hearted. The big noise against him is on here and that's about it.

Agree....look at the OTT Polls,we have on anything C.Puel......not even a total of 1000 votes...!!!!

so posters, in/out.  According to agenda...use this ,let's face it!!! Downright silly immature statement.. "Most fans"