Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
PoshhFox

Puel In / Out Poll (12/01/19)

Puel In / Out poll (12/01/19)  

940 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Puel In or Out?

• In
    • Out

47 minutes ago, Lionheart10 said:

It could be the fact that he hasn't been given any money to spend in this window is down to Top already knowing he will be getting rid in the Summer,why let a Manager who is going spend any money,save it for the new man.

Why wouldn't you strengthen when pushing for 7th place ,either you haven't got the money or you don't want this manager spending it.

I suspect that Top is not yet in full command of the Company resources, and that those are already heavily comitted. A bit of a cash flow problem and no major signing unless there at least one major sale. 

On 12/01/2019 at 17:30, Matt said:

I’ll level with you, stop closing them, leave one open certainly regards discussion and there wouldn’t be any need to keep starting them.

No doubt they would be threads started but then there would be an argument for closing the new ones in that scenario.

Keep closing them, locking them, making them vanish, you’re gonna get people creating more threads.

:shutup:

The school boy defending had nothing to do with Puel. All four should  have been prevented . My beef with the manager was the omission of Albrighton. No point sacking Puel at present. Any other club wasted so much money on so many crap players.???

• Like 1

Today, as well as the last few games...We've seen an emotional and animated Puel..

If I was him today,I would hang some players out to dry.He's made excuses or not mentioned the major  failings in the

teams display.He's been rightly for a rebuilding platform protective of team and individuals. But we have also seen  anger mixed with frustration.

I actually believe,Puel like us on gameday after 20+  games this season ,is shocked that Players seem to take in turns in ruining the day,

by not just making the odd error (that's expected in football), but the players are making 24 carat,balls up of errors,

and far too many,that have given away school boy mistake type of goals..!!

Not before the games,but how the games have played out,the Soton and now the Wolves,were games where we had great chances and didn't convert,

but worse still after solid Backline performances,our defensive players have lost us games ,we should of won!!!  Mendy also after a great start to

the season has made too many costly mistakes....One reason I still lean towards Puel-in,some of the major failure have been out on the pitch...

and nothing to do with tactics of formation choice....

The critic of his selections for reasons to get rid of him are nonsensical,..every fan has preferences and believe they are better judges..

But in reality Puel only has a small crop of players,and from those,every single poster could only argue over 1-3 variations...

So there is no logic of chasing down his failings on that account...

Plus...many posters were agreeing that the boat for Silva and Iborra had long sailed, ( not I )

now those same posters find it convenient to criticise him for Not playing or keeping them!!!

Today I seen a trusted defence,lose the plot,when put under simple pressure,adding Mendys antics...

This time not 1 goal,but last week and this ,,5 from 6 bloody goals,that were given away,and not earnt!!!

I don't want to start another topic...but when/if  we only have Choudry-Mendy-Ndidi-Maddison  playing below par or downright poor and performances

ridden with continual errors, who do we turn to???   Maddison We could replace with others,but not with the other 3!!!

Outside our mistakes,I actually believe we played well today,through and across the majority of the game,

and seeing players and Puel s reaction

today It hurts!!!

.I usually never watch MOTD after a loss but I want to today.....

plus like some have mentioned,we could find ourselves in a very uncomfortable predicament,going into March...

Presently we can't turn a game,nor can we hold a game....if that continues we could find ourselves in the mire!!!

Those 9-11 points are going to be hard to find!!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Today, as well as the last few games...We've seen an emotional and animated Puel..

If I was him today,I would hang some players out to dry.He's made excuses or not mentioned the major  failings in the

teams display.He's been rightly for a rebuilding platform protective of team and individuals. But we have also seen  anger mixed with frustration.

I actually believe,Puel like us on gameday after 20+  games this season ,is shocked that Players seem to take in turns in ruining the day,

by not just making the odd error (that's expected in football), but the players are making 24 carat,balls up of errors,

and far too many,that have given away school boy mistake type of goals..!!

Not before the games,but how the games have played out,the Soton and now the Wolves,were games where we had great chances and didn't convert,

but worse still after solid Backline performances,our defensive players have lost us games ,we should of won!!!  Mendy also after a great start to

the season has made too many costly mistakes....One reason I still lean towards Puel-in,some of the major failure have been out on the pitch...

and nothing to do with tactics of formation choice....

The critic of his selections for reasons to get rid of him are nonsensical,..every fan has preferences and believe they are better judges..

But in reality Puel only has a small crop of players,and from those,every single poster could only argue over 1-3 variations...

So there is no logic of chasing down his failings on that account...

Plus...many posters were agreeing that the boat for Silva and Iborra had long sailed, ( not I )

now those same posters find it convenient to criticise him for Not playing or keeping them!!!

Today I seen a trusted defence,lose the plot,when put under simple pressure,adding Mendys antics...

This time not 1 goal,but last week and this ,,5 from 6 bloody goals,that were given away,and not earnt!!!

I don't want to start another topic...but when/if  we only have Choudry-Mendy-Ndidi-Maddison  playing below par or downright poor and performances

ridden with continual errors, who do we turn to???   Maddison We could replace with others,but not with the other 3!!!

Outside our mistakes,I actually believe we played well today,through and across the majority of the game,

and seeing players and Puel s reaction

today It hurts!!!

.I usually never watch MOTD after a loss but I want to today.....

plus like some have mentioned,we could find ourselves in a very uncomfortable predicament,going into March...

Presently we can't turn a game,nor can we hold a game....if that continues we could find ourselves in the mire!!!

Those 9-11 points are going to be hard to find!!!

Excellent post ?

57 minutes ago, Fourfoxsake said:

The school boy defending had nothing to do with Puel. All four should  have been prevented . My beef with the manager was the omission of Albrighton. No point sacking Puel at present. Any other club wasted so much money on so many crap players.???

I have a lot of sympathy for him and agree that he should be very angry with some individuals. I appreciated the attacking intent and know full well that youngsters will make errors, but it wasn't only youngsters and at times basic professionalism came into question. Iheanacho for instance - a manager has every right to expect his players to be ready to play. Ndidi and Chilwell ignored instructions at the end. Simpson performed like an amateur all game long.

However, while I agree that he shouldn't be fired (at least not yet), he has to take responsibility for results. He trained and chose that defence. He played a high line with three painfully slow defenders, and a fourth who was rarely taking up a defensive position. He picked Mendy ahead of Choudhury and didn't make a switch when he put in another awful display. As for Ndidi, he's either selecting him and telling him to play the sort of pass to which he obviously isn't suited, or Ndidi's doing that in spite of Puel and the manager isn't looking at alternatives. As you point out, he overlooked Albrighton when both full backs desperately needed a helping hand. He trained the zonal marking. He chose not to remove Maguire when he picked up an injury, which may have been an issue for one of the subsequent goals. There's a degree of responsibility when you make these calls, and especially when you've been in charge for 15 months and your side produces a defensive display like that.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AjcW said:

You don't have to pay to be here but Mark has to pay to maintain what is visually and usability wise the best fan forum in the country. It's a business and he can't have idiots posting derogatory statements that could put that in jeopardy. Especially not ones about peoples accent or indeed the way an entire ****ing nation speaks...

what? saying blue smoke ................................................................

8 minutes ago, H.a.r.r.y said:

what? saying blue smoke ................................................................

No idea what that means or what it was referring to. Was quoting someone who had gone down the derogatory french route and you’d quoted them saying it was mad that they’d been banned so included you in my response too. 

I think what’s obvious is that it’s becoming increasingly inevitable, I’d wait until the end of the season but the atmosphere around the club isn’t going to improve at this stage 

This poll underlines the fact that fans' views are pretty much entrenched. Two thirds in, one third out. What really matters is that our owners will likely have realized by now that, although Claude has steadied the ship and has established a solid foundation on which to build, his cautiousness and rigidity are now hindering our progress. It is doubtful that mid-table security is meeting their goals. A lack of ambition doesn't seem to be part of their m.o. I would be very surprised, therefore, if they are not already actively seeking a replacement. Ironically, thanks to Claude, they have the luxury of being able to take their time.   

• Like 1

I don't often write on here but read a lot.  I'm Puel out, sick of him and feel we're going backwards under him.  I was just thinking about Top and his priorities. Surely his Mum, Brother and Sister are his priority after just a few months of losing Vichai. Then if there is a second priority it has to be the core business that is King Power.  We are just a hobby and not in danger of relegation.

Do we just have to suck it up and accept it's not great but not life and death and hope the right thing gets done in the Summer?  If we can tolerate this sh*t to the summer hopefully there is a better chance of getting the right man?

Just my two penneth worth!

1 hour ago, Ian Nacho said:

7 defeats in 10 but we should be happy with top half. 

Ignoring that that's not true (form is W4, D1, L5), let's look at the form of midtable sides: https://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england

Everton and Bournemouth - lost 6 in 10

Watford - lost 3 in 10 (only won 3 as well)

Wolves - lost 4 in 10

Brighton - lost 5 in 10

Only ones in the middle currently in good form (if ours is bad) is West Ham. 

Our fans are spoilt by years of exciting going ons - 17th seasons at the new ground, and it's seen 2 relegations, 5 relegation battles, 3 titles, 1 non-title promotion, 2 play off campaigns - only really 04/05, 10/11 and 11/12 were midtable before Puel turned up, and crave the excitement of having something to play for in the league and so have lost perspective. This sort of form is what a midtable club puts out.

Edited by The Doctor
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Ignoring that that's not true (form is W4, D1, L5), let's look at the form of midtable sides: https://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england

Everton and Bournemouth - lost 6 in 10

Watford - lost 3 in 10 (only won 3 as well)

Wolves - lost 4 in 10

Brighton - lost 5 in 10

Only ones in the middle currently in good form (if ours is bad) is West Ham. 

Our fans are spoilt by years of exciting going ons - 17th seasons at the new ground, and it's seen 2 relegations, 5 relegation battles, 3 titles, 1 non-title promotion, 2 play off campaigns - only really 04/05, 10/11 and 11/12 were midtable before Puel turned up, and crave the excitement of having something to play for in the league and so have lost perspective. This sort of form is what a midtable club puts out.

Including the cups it is.