Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
PoshhFox

Puel In / Out Poll (12/01/19)

Puel In / Out poll (12/01/19)  

940 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Puel In or Out?

• In
    • Out

Been a Puel Outer, but felt sorry for him today, he was really disgusted when the 4th goal went in. He can't be blamed if some of our players are shit and clueless. Mendy deserves to be dropped and dunno what to do with Ndidi, Maguire aat fault for one goal cos he was injured, shouldn't have been on the pitch. 

Let's stick with him till the summer then reassess him

Edited by Crispin LA
  • Like 1

We aren’t going to find a permanent successor before the summer. Fail to win any of the next 3, which is pretty likely, and we’ll be 12th or 13th, with a 2 week break. If that’s how it plays out, get him out and put a caretaker into the end of the season ahead of resetting in the summer. It’s only going to get more poisonous and devided with the fans with Puel in charge. 

Edited by Cropwellfox

Just now, Cropwellfox said:

We aren’t going to find a permanent successor before the summer. Fail to win any of the next 3, which is pretty likely, and we’ll be 12th or 13th, with a 2 week break. If that’s how it plays out, get him out and put a caretaker into the end of the season ahead of resetting in the summer. It’s only going to get more poisonous and devided with the fans with Puel in charge. 

jardim

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

What I'd like to know is at what point do the owners decide? 11th, relegation where!!

I expect they have already decided. It'll be a new manager after the next three games which you can forecast will in all probability yield three hammerings or at the end of the season. 

Obviously if we lose the next three the risk of a Taylor-esque late-season collapse would be huge and, seeing as we're on 31 points, there'd be alarm with 12 games remaining, on a 6 game losing run. Relegation would still be highly unlikely but people would point to that Newport result (much like Wycombe in 2001) as pivotal. We'd be in freefall and you'd have to act. We could preempt that by firing him now, of course, though I maintain it would be harsh, even if it's increasingly understandable.

As for today, Puel made errors again. A high line with Simpson's, Morgan's and Maguire's lack of pace was always going to be a problem, and I thought it was odd that the two CMs lasted the ninety after another criminal  performance.

Still, I very rarely point the finger at players to the extent that some on here do, because ultimately I think managers have to take responsibility BUT you expect far higher standards of a professional footballer than some of what we saw today. Simpson looked like an amateur at times, Chilwell had no positional discipline even when the manager was yelling at him to watch the run in behind. Ndidi blatantly ignored instructions at the end. Iheanacho has to be ready to come onto the field as and when the boss chooses.

I wouldn't excuse the manager at all - and would very strongly argue, once again, with anyone saying 'it's the players betraying the manager all over again' (the finger of blame was usually pointed at Kasper and Vardy when this came up, and I thought Vardy worked his socks off today, while the keeper was the least of our defensive woes) - but certain players need a serious rocketing. Some of that was park level.

• Like 1

Given that there is now a 10 day break (perhaps a better time to allow half the team to **** about in London midweek?) no matter what side you’re on you can be sure that if he isn’t gone by Monday he’ll be here for the season.... or at least until the March Internationals. 

It could be the fact that he hasn't been given any money to spend in this window is down to Top already knowing he will be getting rid in the Summer,why let a Manager who is going spend any money,save it for the new man.

Why wouldn't you strengthen when pushing for 7th place ,either you haven't got the money or you don't want this manager spending it.

6 minutes ago, Lionheart10 said:

It could be the fact that he hasn't been given any money to spend in this window is down to Top already knowing he will be getting rid in the Summer,why let a Manager who is going spend any money,save it for the new man.

Why wouldn't you strengthen when pushing for 7th place ,either you haven't got the money or you don't want this manager spending it.

Or....ifs..maybe...and a few more Ors....The situation isn't that simple...

1 hour ago, Crispin LA said:

Been a Puel Outer, but felt sorry for him today, he was really disgusted when the 4th goal went in. He can't be blamed if some of our players are shit and clueless. Mendy deserves to be dropped and dunno what to do with Ndidi, Maguire aat fault for one goal cos he was injured, shouldn't have been on the pitch. 

Let's stick with him till the summer then reassess him

He picks them though, if they are out of form.. drop them. Got a Portuguese European championship midfielder who is better quality that won't get a look in.

6 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Criminal at the end not to sit back and settle with a point. The blame has to come out the manager at that. 

To be fair he was screaming information at them, what that was and who was listening though?