Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
PoshhFox

Puel In / Out Poll (12/01/19)

Puel In / Out poll (12/01/19)  

940 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Puel In or Out?

• In
    • Out

9 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

If the club somehow goes through a winning-run period now, there'll be still some supporters who will try and find a weakness in Puel's tactics etc in a bid to get him ousted in any way.

It wouldn't surprise me to go unbeaten over the next two game, maybe even win one or both, unbeaten during a period of Liverpool, Man Utd and Tottenham, would be very good, add Chelsea and Man City in from earlier in the season, fair play.

After the Tottenham game we have a favourable run of fixtures, we arguably should be going through a winning-run with those upcoming fixtures, now there's no easy games yada, yada, yada, but based on past evidence of showings against the teams we should be expecting to get something from we struggle during those periods. It remains to be seen and let's not write them off yet, but this will be his 3rd crack at 'favourable' fixtures (I'd say? After January last season, earlier this season, and the upcoming one).

Those favourable fixtures run until the last game 3 games, where based on whats gone before we might pick up again against Arsenal, Man City and Chelsea.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Nickfosse said:

I think you’ve got the wrong bloke mate. I’ve been arguing against those wanting him sacked all season. ?

You do realise that Savage is defending Puel in this article?

With regards to Newport I said at the time the selection of Shinji made no sense, especially as Maddison was left on the bench and hadn’t played the previous game against Everton. That he blew 3 golden chances came as absolutely no surprise to anyone who’s seen him front of goal recently. Not having Vardy on the bench was also a mistake in my opinion. But yes, I’ve argued he should be given time and every chance to build as you suggest too. 

I think you misunderstand me!

I get the article is meant to defend Puel, it's just the tone of the article, which annoyed me. Especially the bit about our 'weakened' team against Newport. The article was almost condescending. Our team was packed full of International players and we had SIX Premier League winners in that team, including the entire back four, with two more on the bench. I found it hard to believe Savage would have glossed over that fact. Hence my thoughts that it was a hack using Savage's name (can Savage write? :whistle:), after the hack was told his task that day was to write about little old Leicester rather than write glowing reports about the media's lovie team, Spuds.

Like you, I've been defending Puel all season. I'm really glad there are others like me out there! I've said many times I think he is actually overachieving here. I like what he's trying to do and whilst we are safe from relegation and the players are playing for him I will support him. His strength is building a team, which takes time and I wish our supporters would realize this.

Going back to the Newport game, I agree 100% with you about Maddison. I think Puel wanted to give James a run, hence leaving out Maddison. James was poor, looked out of his depth after such a long time out, and had little impact. He should have been taken off much earlier. We had 24 shots in that match.I think Puel played Okazaki because had had as little faith in Nacho as, unfortunately, do most of us. Unfortunately, although Okazaki tries hard (something Nacho should be learning to do), he just can't score. With Vardy injured we had little other options. We still should have won that match though and it was nothing to do with the so called weakened team we put out.

• Like 1

One can see what the long term plan is for Puel. But I think he needs to be a little more adventurous in team selection. Some of the players, Mendi, Ndidi and Morgan to an extent could do with being dropped for a game or two. That might keep them on their toes and not see themselves as fixtures. I feel complacency creeping in some of the players and hence the individual errors.

23 minutes ago, Lesta blue said:

One can see what the long term plan is for Puel. But I think he needs to be a little more adventurous in team selection. Some of the players, Mendi, Ndidi and Morgan to an extent could do with being dropped for a game or two. That might keep them on their toes and not see themselves as fixtures. I feel complacency creeping in some of the players and hence the individual errors.

Well Morgan did just get benched....as for complacency, I think that's been about for several years now.

• Like 1

Needs several qualitee players to make his system effective.

His blind arrogance suggests he has

been given assurances by the board.

Tbf midtable for a young side trying to fit a system theyre incapable of playing isnt bad.

We just have to put up with mind numbing, laughably bad performances for the time being.

Puel in because he is building something, we're just in the ugly duckling phase.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mikey54 said:

Early contender for ‘Worst post of the day’

If you are a bit thick maybe ?

Its perfectly possible, that our better players will leave for a bigger club or  club’s that have the intent to win even the ‘lesser’ trophies such as the Cups, which we have shown we are not interested in doing. 

This ‘building a team’ for a club of our size is a thing of the past and those who don’t realise that are, to be quite honest living in a dream world. Football has changed even in the few years since we won the title in this respect. 

All the better players are hoovered up by the big 6 quicker than ever before. 

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Needs several qualitee players to make his system effective.

His blind arrogance suggests he has

been given assurances by the board.

Tbf midtable for a young side trying to fit a system theyre incapable of playing isnt bad.

We just have to put up with mind numbing, laughably bad performances for the time being.

Puel in because he is building something, we're just in the ugly duckling phase.

I want to believe you but is it possible to go from this

Image result for ugly duckling photo

to this

Image result for fox

???

On 01/02/2019 at 07:58, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

lol no you didn't.  You interpreted what I said through the only way you can look at anything regarding LCFC at the moment

I wasn't talking about Puel or his tactics.  The argument that the games we play poorly in are because of his tactics and the games we do well in are no tactics at all seems pretty far fetched

It’s far fetched to you with your current mindset.

Every game we play under Puel reinforces what I have written 

Spot on post above. I don't get this building rubbish. Then I read he's building over the next 3 transfers windows....what are some of you on.

He needs to go and fast..we need a manager who can get the best out of the players and he is not this man.

We have a pretty decent team he is choking our players .

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, blueharmie said:

Spot on post above. I don't get this building rubbish. Then I read he's building over the next 3 transfers windows....what are some of you on.

He needs to go and fast..we need a manager who can get the best out of the players and he is not this man.

Would those be the players that had us in the relegation zone under Ranieri and Shakespeare?

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, blueharmie said:

Luckily you don't own the club.

• Like 1

I don’t particularly blame Puel for yesterday’s result. 

No disgrace in losing to this United, albeit they weren’t fantastic, and we gave it a decent go in the second half. 

I asked a mate of mine why he goes to watch football - after a bit of thought he came up with “drama, excitement, camaraderie, hang out with mates, habit, gets me out of the house”

For me, Puel seems too rigid, cautions and defensive a manager to fulfil the emotional needs of the above reasons for watching his style of football. So we’re left with “Gets me out of the house and to see my mates” 

Not a shining endorsement, is it?!

My tuppence worth.

I’m sure others will have their own reasons, and will enjoy the match day experience more than I do. 

• Like 1