Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
PoshhFox

Puel In / Out Poll (12/01/19)

Puel In / Out poll (12/01/19)  

940 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Puel In or Out?

• In
    • Out

Over-trained and underwhelmed: How Leicester players and fans are losing faith in Claude Puel

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/01/20/over-trained-underwhelmed-leicester-players-fans-lost-faith/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_tw

Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha, the club’s vice-chairman, will be reluctant to avoid more upheaval after suffering such unimaginable grief and at this stage it is difficult to imagine Puel leaving unless the club slip towards the bottom three. It appears most likely that there will be a change in the summer, with Celtic’s Brendan Rodgers a top target. 

Edited by Mendi

Whilst not a fan of Puel particularly it makes you wonder if there is some reasonable support from Top etc. Puel was asked to develop youth and bring a more possession based approach. He has, yet most agree it's been largely unentertaining. However, whilst the transition takes place being in top half at the same time must be seen as very acceptable.

Chilwell, Choudhury 2 obvious developers. Maddison at 22 and Gray both given plenty of game time. Big questions on ndidi this year which is fair enough but another youth at 22. Soyunchu and Benkovic, young players to come in. You can see Puel having a strong case behind scenes.

Like I say, not a fan and had given up on his negative approach to home games after saints but can't say players are downing tools either.

If he is identifying longer term targets and continuing on existing transitional path, and it remains "acceptable" to owners then may be something we all have to get used to, not something I thought I'd say after saints game! 

If so, we need to see performance improvements this time next year. Expectations should remain sensible - 6th-10th is great for a club like ours.

Vardy is possibly 2 seasons away from being considered not good enough at 34 if he stays fit. I'd imagine Top is wanting to know the plans there, who and what we look at in next 12 months. Clearly Nacho not right for it.

Edited by Blanchflower78

Up until now, the argument has mainly been about whether it's worth the risk to get rid of Puel. 

I think the danger for him is that at some point, unless results pick up, fans may reverse that question and ask - with one eye on next season - is it worth the risk to stay with him? 

If we don't get any points from our next three games (entirely possible)...we'll have lost 6 games in a row in all competitions, and the gap to the zone could be down to 8/9 points.

That's still comfortably above the zone, but it could be close enough to get people to get scared for next year... 

Edited by leicesterseddon

13 hours ago, Mendi said:

Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha, the club’s vice-chairman, will be reluctant to avoid more upheaval after suffering such unimaginable grief and at this stage it is difficult to imagine Puel leaving unless the club slip towards the bottom three. 

This is why in part it’s incredibly funny and in part incredibly sad to see Leicester fans completely losing their minds on social media, spraying awful language and abuse. 

King Power, correctly don’t have football on the front of their minds at the moment. Leuven are bottom of the league and there’s no change there 

• Like 4

Is anyone else past caring about the Puel in/out debate? The Percy witch hunt, the same argument week in week out, the bias of each camp.

It all feels a bit Conservative vs Labour. Can’t be arsed, just gonna back the team whatever happens.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Is anyone else past caring about the Puel in/out debate? The Percy witch hunt, the same argument week in week out, the bias of each camp.

It all feels a bit Conservative vs Labour. Can’t be arsed, just gonna back the team whatever happens.

agreed no point arguing, we won't have a say in it anyway so just enjoy the rest of the season

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, mucfox said:

Eddie Howe - nobody else     :welcome:

Ask Burnley fans if they were pleased with his reign.....Some mangers just fit, and I think Howe knows his limitations, and by staying at Bournemouth, rather than the huge risk of managing a bigger club, with all the increased pressures that brings, Bournemouth is the perfect club for him.

2 hours ago, ThaiFox said:

Ask Burnley fans if they were pleased with his reign.....Some mangers just fit, and I think Howe knows his limitations, and by staying at Bournemouth, rather than the huge risk of managing a bigger club, with all the increased pressures that brings, Bournemouth is the perfect club for him.

I don't know about the real big clubs.Not a call for Wolves/Watford either...

But putting it down on Paper...he would want to see an advancement and good project.

I can see he would do very well at...

Spurs (If Poch did leave).....

Leicester...if Puel was to go(I don't even think it's on management agenda).I would prefer him than any So called top name!!But I want Puel to be given time!!

Everton...if he's given promises,and no politics!!

Newcastle..once Ashley goes..

Aston-villa..with promises 5 year project,if they are still as big as they say they are....

if I was him,I would need alot of promises from any future club...

Bournemouth is at the moment the perfect fit for him.He really could take them along way,

their football is great,and could be a dangerous top 5-6 contender,for the next few years,if he stays,and if  investment and backing is there.

they also have found a couple of decent PL standard young players,that have grown with the club...

I believe 11th reflects our footballing level much better than 7th place which we had for a while few weeks ago (which seemed to be an overachievement at the time). The ambitions should be to aim for that top 7-8th though. As of now, considering our form and the form of teams around us, fixtures ahead and our performances against lower table teams, I can't see us getting back to the top ten anytime soon. Of midtable teams around us only West Ham doesn't look like they could overtake us at the end of the season at the moment. I'd like to be proven wrong about this of course, and about Puel.