Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
PoshhFox

Puel In / Out Poll (12/01/19)

Puel In / Out poll (12/01/19)  

940 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Puel In or Out?

• In
    • Out

He has to go simple - anyone would think he is the only manager that can work with young players which was always part of the vision from the owners!

Stubborn, tactically poor and clearly going to lose us some top players who want to win things......like cups for example - time to go !!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

What on earth does that mean? Surely he can't be for the sack after that performance?

Accumulative? What has gone before and ultimately result wise we lost well.

I admit it'd come as a shock (In terms of timing), but the damage has been done.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

What on earth does that mean? Surely he can't be for the sack after that performance?

its not about that performance - he is clueless and put into context we just got beat 3-1 by Spurs who were missing two of their best players and the manager picked a team with out one of the best 6 strikers in the prem and played a wide man up front instead.

It is blinkered if you cannot see that he has no man-management skills and is deliberating alienating certain characters - some of whom have actually stayed very silent despite his arrogance and stubbornness.

Sooner the better before we end up in the Championship!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Accumulative? What has gone before and ultimately result wise we lost well.

I admit it'd come as a shock (In terms of timing), but the damage has been done.

No I understand that, but if we can play like we did today then it suggests we could be starting to click at last. Maybe I'm clutching, but it doesn't make sense to me to bring anyone in before the end of the season unless we absolutely want them. Can only see a caretaker until the end of the season, and I can't see how that's healthy unless the atmosphere in the dressing room is thoroughly toxic. I don't believe it is based on that performance.

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He'll be gone in the summer without question, I'm not sure a good end to the season would even save him.

May as well get it done now then Babs. 

It's clear he's not on good terms with all the players. We may actually get more out of them under a caretaker.

Just now, Old Fox said:

its not about that performance - he is clueless and put into context we just got beat 3-1 by Spurs who were missing two of their best players and the manager picked a team with out one of the best 6 strikers in the prem and played a wide man up front instead.

It is blinkered if you cannot see that he has no man-management skills and is deliberating alienating certain characters - some of whom have actually stayed very silent despite his arrogance and stubbornness.

I'm not saying he doesn't have his faults, but if you're going to look at our recent results, I'd advise you take a look at Spurs' too. Even with Kane and Alli out, they've been flying. 10 wins out of 12 was it? They are still a very good team, much as it pains me to say.

I respect what you're saying, but it is highly unlikely we are going to get relegated this season.

4 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

While I agree with your sentiments about man management skills, or clear lack of, under no circumstances do I believe will get relegated. Bored to death maybe, but not relegated.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He'll be gone in the summer without question, I'm not sure a good end to the season would even save him.

My thoughts as well.

4 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

It's clear he's not on good terms with all the players. We may actually get more out of them under a caretaker.

No clear candidate though other than Stowell or getting an interim in like Moyes.

Or we could put Morgan in charge lol

Just now, nathan. said:

Doesn't matter we lost 3-1 to a weakened Spurs side.

We sit 12th loosing 4 of the last 5 games.

Yes, I'm well aware we lost. As I've said elsewhere, this "weakened" Spurs team is still on a very very good run of form at the moment.

It's almost like they're a team with lots of quality of depth, and we're not. Go figure.

The results are poor, I agree, but the fixtures also need to be considered.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Don't see the point particularly, if we have a target in mind and hey've shown willing I'd just wait. At least we know he'll blood the kids, so I'm happy to go on with that until the end of the season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Yes, I'm well aware we lost. As I've said elsewhere, this "weakened" Spurs team is still on a very very good run of form at the moment.

It's almost like they're a team with lots of quality of depth, and we're not. Go figure.

We lose the next one against Palace and we are in the relegation mix.

Don’t like not winning, and we’re doing that a lot lately.

That said, today’s result is down to this being football and sports in general. Play well and lose. We’re not the first and won’t be the last to experience this illogical side to a game. It also sums up “the miracle” very nicely. 

As for Claude, he’s doing what Claudio and Craig didn’t know how to do and didn’t have the balls to carry through. I give him a ten for having the cojones to do what was necessary after 2015-16. Unfortunately, it might well cost him his job.

But I see Claude as sticking to his principles of looking at establishing a longer term vision of improved sustainable quality without high priced transfers. If we do bring in someone else, they have a much stronger foundation to work with than had Puel not arrived. Reminds me of a lot of Pearson.

Someone will gain significantly from the formers demise. Lucky him. And, again, typifying sports. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

We're the fixtures considered when we went on the terrible run after January last season, or earlier in the season during an 'easier' run when we struggled, or what remains to be seen with the upcoming 'easier' run of games...or were excuses made?

As i've said the damage has been done and he wants to thank himself lucky he's lasted this long.