Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

How did Barnes do?

I've watched him for years. Absolutely rate him. At times yesterday looked a little lost and for some bizarre reason Chilwell didn't release the ball to him and Harvey rarely received the ball back when passing and moving.

Chillwell has played with Barnes for many years and knows him better than most. Whats changed? can only assume instructions.

I have my opinion. You're the manager, where do you play him?

10 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

for some bizarre reason Chilwell didn't release the ball to him and Harvey rarely received the ball back when passing and moving.

It was ridiculous. Barnes looked like the one who actually understood what was needed despite being the less experienced player - he was releasing the ball and immediately moving to find space, yet Ben just kept missed it entirely and chose to pass back instead. I also remember one particular moment of frustration too where we had actually managed to get a load of Southampton players out the box, but Gray just procrastinated just outside the area and they were able to get back into position. 

Anyhow, back to the question, I would go with a variation of:

Kasper

Ric Morgan Maguire Chilwell

Hamza Maddison Ndidi

Albrighton Vardy Barnes

The speed he can get to is insane, and I think that can be exploited more down the flanks. Maddison just seems to naturally drift back, so may as well experiment playing him in the midfield 3 (I feel he's also too slow for a front three, but that could just be me).

Will be nice for Vardy having someone who can keep up with him :scarf:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Thought he did fine. I get what people are saying about other players not involving him enough, I thought the same myself, but I suspect it’s because he hasn’t trained with the first team long enough. I’m sure given time he’ll be integrated into the system, for good or for ill.

Was the 'main man ' in the WBA team..which grew his confidence and confidence is everything in Sport!...... 

If we're not careful that confidence will be destroyed here by players like Chilwell not giving him the ball.. 

Perhaps Puel saw this too and will address it?... 

But then again he'll probably just bench him or put him back in the U23's!! 

20 hours ago, SuperMike said:

I really worry about Harvey coming back. He is such a superb player with flair, imagination, enthusiasm, skill, attacking intent and even goals. Did you see Jeff Stellings' video of his WBA goals? Absolutely stunning - all of the oooohs and aaaahs from the panel.

But I remember seeing a very, very similiar collection of highlights from a young man of equal promise - a certain James Maddison.

But he has had all that drive and enthusiasm and freedom sucked out by this dour and boring regime; and is now only a shadow of the player we signed.

Such a shame - two of the most promising young players in the game being ruined by Puelball.

Jesus ****ing wept 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Chilwell is overated. Noticed too he missed opportunities to pass to Barnes and passed backwards instead. Glad a few have seen the same as a few others on other threads seem to think I was dreaming.You 

22 England Left back linked with Man City, yeah his overrated

Should feel lucky to have him

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 18:59, lcfcsnow said:

He did seem to only pass to him as a last resort. @Foxy-Lady do you know if they get on from the academy days as they must have played together a fair bit? Suppose if he’s threatening Grays place Chilwell might not be keen :rolleyes:

Common knowledge that Chilwell, Maddison & Gray are best-mates but I don' think Chilwell and Barnes would have played too much Academy footballer together as they were different age groups and Chilwell's rise to the 1st team was pretty rapid after his loan spell at HTFC which i think happened around same time Barnes stepped up to the U23s

Besides, Chilwells a pretty bright lad from what I understand and I cant imagine it would do his England prospects much good if he has a policy NOT to pass to players who aren't his mates...!!  :)  

• Thanks 1