Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

How did Barnes do?

12 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Looked lively. Sometimes was ignored by other players though, particularly Chilwell who decided to lose the ball instead.

I'd throw him in the team straight the way. Cant do worse than anyone else.

Thought that was weird how Chilwell seemed to refuse to give him the ball.

Looked lively. Sometimes was ignored by other players though, particularly Chilwell who decided to lose the ball instead.

Chilwell must've spent about 10 actual minutes holding onto the ball too long. Horrific.

• Like 1

He took up some good positions and Chilwell just ignored him so he could play aa blind cross into the box. He ended up going inside to get the ball. He did ok and tried to go forward at least 

I was happy to see him come on. He did pretty well. Took up some very good positions, had some nice touches.

not the finished article by any means, but definitely worth a place in the match squad - id have probably given him a shot from the start today. But instead the clueless Frenchman went with 3 defensive midfielders against an injury laden relegation threatened Southampton.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Frost said:

Chilwell must've spent about 10 actual minutes holding onto the ball too long. Horrific.

What do you expect when his mates Maddison and Gray are on the pitch? 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

I really worry about Harvey coming back. He is such a superb player with flair, imagination, enthusiasm, skill, attacking intent and even goals. Did you see Jeff Stellings' video of his WBA goals? Absolutely stunning - all of the oooohs and aaaahs from the panel.

But I remember seeing a very, very similiar collection of highlights from a young man of equal promise - a certain James Maddison.

But he has had all that drive and enthusiasm and freedom sucked out by this dour and boring regime; and is now only a shadow of the player we signed.

Such a shame - two of the most promising young players in the game being ruined by Puelball.

Harvey's only had 45mins and he's ruined already :huh:

Steady and promising. 

Had space to run in to and be exploited but didn't get the ball quick enough. Tried to take on players which is good and had one shot well blocked by their defender. 

Don't see the harm in starting him or giving him more time on the pitch next week. 

I felt sorry for him really.

Imagine being ripped away from a club playing exciting high scoring football, playing with players you know, and at a club that's on the up at the minute.

And being plonked in a situation where you're 0-2 down, playing against a Soton brick wall in a hostile environment where you hardly know the players and every misplaced shot/pass is met with groans.

• Like 3