Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Favourite Film Openings and Endings

This post might make people laugh.

I go to the cinema a fair amount and in recent years 1 film really sticks out that I found hilarious, brilliant and a perfect way to kick the film off.

Lego Batman.

The opening credits had me giggling, the little jokes were great but when Batman appears and the film starts off with a massive fight scene during the theme song was awesome.

'Who never skips leg day?' Batman

'Who pays his taxes?' NOT BATMAN lol 

As a 33 year old man who remembers the old batman tv series with the KAPOW, BAM, POW the Lego Batman film paid great homage to the old films/tv shows.

Still one of my favourite animated films.

I know what you're thinking punk. You're thinking "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow your head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

52 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

This post might make people laugh.

I go to the cinema a fair amount and in recent years 1 film really sticks out that I found hilarious, brilliant and a perfect way to kick the film off.

Lego Batman.

The opening credits had me giggling, the little jokes were great but when Batman appears and the film starts off with a massive fight scene during the theme song was awesome.

'Who never skips leg day?' Batman

'Who pays his taxes?' NOT BATMAN lol 

As a 33 year old man who remembers the old batman tv series with the KAPOW, BAM, POW the Lego Batman film paid great homage to the old films/tv shows.

Still one of my favourite animated films.

Never seen this might be worth a look 

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Why are we restricting the thread to opening and closing scenes, and thereby ruling out many other great scenes?

Going back to Jaws, the best scene in the whole film was Quint's monalogue. Has me transfixed every time. Robert Shaw was a brilliant actor.

I don't want to get precious about it but there are a trillion great scenes in movies, I thought openings / endings would make an interesting focus. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Why are we restricting the thread to opening and closing scenes, and thereby ruling out many other great scenes?

Going back to Jaws, the best scene in the whole film was Quint's monalogue. Has me transfixed every time. Robert Shaw was a brilliant actor.

I liked the one where the two old boys try and catch it ...   the line goes out then the jetty breaks and goes out ...   then it turns round and comes back ...     :o

And as for the bit that makes me jump ...   when the head bobs down in the boat underwater as whatsit is pulling out a sharks tooth ...    :o:o

Saving Private Ryan has to be the winner when it comes to openings tbf.

Personally think the Shining's opening is hugely overrated. So boring. Rest of the film is great.

Lastly my candidate for a great start to a film is Jurassic Park. Shoot her, shooooot herrrrrr. Great stuff.

5 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Great thread.

for me it has to be the opening 20 odd minutes of Saving Private Ryan.

shame about the next 6 hours or however pointlessly and boringly long the rest of the film lasts. should’ve just ended it after the start. 

13 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Not as good as the closing scene lol

Never have so many blokes sat in a cinema with their other half's feeling so ashamed and inadequate :rolleyes:

• Haha 1