Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Favourite Film Openings and Endings

In terms of how they tie together, the opening and end of Citizen Kane is hard to beat.

Also, Star Wars - A New Hope. The opening, big ship starts traversing the screen. It's big, but it disappears into the distance, chased by another, even bigger ship, that goes on and on and on, before eventually swallowing the first ship you thought was big. It might not seem so awesome with modern fx, but back when it was released, it was jaw dropping!

• Like 2

Love the ending of 'Withnail and I' where Richard E Grant does the 'what a piece of work is a man' speech from Hamlet in the pouring rain, wine bottle in one hand, brolly in the other, to an audience of wolves (from memory) at the Regents Park zoo.

Perfect. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stoopid said:

Love the ending of 'Withnail and I' where Richard E Grant does the 'what a piece of work is a man' speech from Hamlet in the pouring rain, wine bottle in one hand, brolly in the other, to an audience of wolves (from memory) at the Regents Park zoo.

Perfect. 

Fantastic scene, from one of my all-time favourite movies.

• Like 1

For the best intro, I'd go for Get Carter and the train ride. Sets the film up superbly. Accompanying soundtrack is excellent too.  And what a great film it is, possibly Michael Caine's finest performance.

Lots of great endings. Agree with an earlier poster of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. But as a "double" ending, think I'd go for Carrie.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 02/02/2021 at 16:54, Tuna said:

Candyman, eerie and evocative (even if it looks like the original Grand Theft Auto!).

One of my favourite films of all time and I think highly underrated. I watch it at least once a year. 

• Like 1