Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
holyfox

What’s happening with the stadium expansion

Apologies, I couldn’t find the thread on this. Have been reading so much about building foundations for the future, I am really think this is the piece that we will need to wait for before pushing on again. I remember reading that plans would be submitted In January but it’s gone quiet again since the tragic accident. Does anyone have any real insight?

6 hours ago, holyfox said:

Apologies, I couldn’t find the thread on this. Have been reading so much about building foundations for the future, I am really think this is the piece that we will need to wait for before pushing on again. I remember reading that plans would be submitted In January but it’s gone quiet again since the tragic accident. Does anyone have any real insight?

I think the training ground is taking priority at the moment, then at of the season we will here more about the stadium expansion, that’s just my opinion though.

I am sure things are moving forward in the background but as the owners family are still in official mourning it may be that  some of the final decisions are on hold for another month or so. I would expect us to hear an update in Feb or March.

Guest Markyblue
1 hour ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Happily leave this on back burner. Training ground priority and squad rebalance. We are now in that sterile Prem position of complacency and filling the stadium becomes far trickier at 32k. See no reason to unduly put more pressure on the finances to stare at 10k empty shiny seats. 

Great to see the ambition of city fans never changes,  no wonder we are falling behind west ham ,everton etc.

Manager, squad rebuild etc aside. Every game this season has been sold out (or as good as) home and away. There are also thousands of fans that are unable to get season tickets.

So saying that an expansion will be a waste is daft. Of course, no one knows what could happen in 10 years time, but the way the club are going and the ambition they are showing, this is an essential part of that.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Strokes said:

We’ve hit a bit of a glass ceiling, we need to invest in infrastructure to remain a top 10 club long term. Otherwise we will just be another Stoke, West Brom or Swansea. Slowly dwindle out of the league with nothing to show for our time or achievements. If we can maintain Premier league status, build the club up, then we can compete much more aggressively at the top end of the league.

I just hope fan impatience does not derail the long term plan.

Photos and memories

Edited by ealingfox
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Strokes said:

We’ve hit a bit of a glass ceiling, we need to invest in infrastructure to remain a top 10 club long term. Otherwise we will just be another Stoke, West Brom or Swansea. Slowly dwindle out of the league with nothing to show for our time or achievements. If we can maintain Premier league status, build the club up, then we can compete much more aggressively at the top end of the league.

I just hope fan impatience does not derail the long term plan.

With nothing to show? 

I would say the Premier title and state of the art training complex is something to show. 

But I do agree if the fans show no unity it could affect far more than just Puel keeping his job or not. 

It's one thing Top saying he will cary out his father's vision. But in reality with fans booing complaining will he carry it out. Will the rest of the family want to carry it on especially with fan unrest. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sylofox said:

With nothing to show? 

I would say the Premier title and state of the art training complex is something to show. 

But I do agree if the fans show no unity it could affect far more than just Puel keeping his job or not. 

It's one thing Top saying he will cary out his father's vision. But in reality with fans booing complaining will he carry it out. Will the rest of the family want to carry it on especially with fan unrest. 

The training complex is included in the infrastructure I was talking about, the title is just a nice memory. 

I wasn’t talking necessarily about Puels job but more the fact we will be making a net profit on transfers until these projects have been paid for....

28 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Great to see the ambition of city fans never changes,  no wonder we are falling behind west ham ,everton etc.

We embraced a brand new stadium well before both? About cutting your cloth accordingly, training ground and squad before increasing a stadium we rarely sell out currently. However, agree it's something we should look at in next 5 years. Just my opinion, money doesn't grow on trees and ticket sales no longer the biggest input to a clubs finances. It's SKY and premier league status.

Guest Markyblue
5 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

We embraced a brand new stadium well before both? About cutting your cloth accordingly, training ground and squad before increasing a stadium we rarely sell out currently. However, agree it's something we should look at in next 5 years. Just my opinion, money doesn't grow on trees and ticket sales no longer the biggest input to a clubs finances. It's SKY and premier league status.

Rarely sell out? Individual seats left is the problem, more seats would allow people to buy tickets together. 

11 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Rarely sell out? Individual seats left is the problem, more seats would allow people to buy tickets together. 

If you won't go unless you can sit next to someone you know then do you really want to go that much at all?

If it was a choice between going the game and sitting on my own or not going the game at all I would sack off literally anyone in a heartbeat.

16 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

If you won't go unless you can sit next to someone you know then do you really want to go that much at all?

If it was a choice between going the game and sitting on my own or not going the game at all I would sack off literally anyone in a heartbeat.

Each to their own, but I've been sat on my own before and it's not the same.

I'd assume there are plenty of families who can't go because they can't sit next to each other too, and that's our next generation we could potentially miss out on.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Yeah I’ll get my 8 year old a ticket on his own.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Each to their own, but I've been sat on my own before and it's not the same.

I'd assume there are plenty of families who can't go because they can't sit next to each other too, and that's our next generation we could potentially miss out on.

Its one of the main reasons i don't go as much as i used too. No way would i go to a match and sit on my own. Its not just the match itself its the whole experience of going to the pub 1st and then watching the game and grabbing a bite to eat after i enjoy.

• Like 2

Interestingly what do fans think is more important, a new training ground or a stadium expansion? Our training facilities are of a high standard but probably nowhere near as good as the elite teams and can see why we want to do this for our long term ambition. It certainly helps the team and club more than the fans, compared with the stadium expansion.

11 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Yeah I’ll get my 8 year old a ticket on his own.

If you won't come without an 8 year old do you really want to go that much at all? Shouldn't you be in the Family Stand with an 8 year old anyway?

Let's face it, it's not hard at all to get tickets now, the vast majority of things people come out with nowadays is are just excuses.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Its one of the main reasons i don't go as much as i used too. No way would i go to a match and sit on my own. Its not just the match itself its the whole experience of going to the pub 1st and then watching the game and grabbing a bite to eat after i enjoy.

Why can you not do all those things before and after the game if you sit on your own in the ground? 

Just now, ealingfox said:

If you won't come without an 8 year old do you really want to go that much at all? Shouldn't you be in the Family Stand with an 8 year old anyway?

Let's face it, it's not hard at all to get tickets now, the vast majority of things people come out with nowadays is are just excuses.

Yeah I’ll leave him at home on his own then? What’s the family stand got to do with it, if only singles are available?

8 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Yeah I’ll leave him at home on his own then? What’s the family stand got to do with it, if only singles are available?

A quick glance at the website and I can see that there are still tickets together in the Family Stand for the next home game still on sale.

There are seats together for every game when the tickets go on sale. If you know you've got particular circumstances and can't sit alone, you'd get in earlier if you really wanted to go. As I said the bottom line is most of the time it's just excuses.