Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
holyfox

What’s happening with the stadium expansion

Guest Markyblue
18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Interestingly what do fans think is more important, a new training ground or a stadium expansion? Our training facilities are of a high standard but probably nowhere near as good as the elite teams and can see why we want to do this for our long term ambition. It certainly helps the team and club more than the fans, compared with the stadium expansion.

A stadium expansion is a statement of intent. Profile of the club would be raised, chance of better players etc etc it not just about extra seats.

5 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Why can you not do all those things before and after the game if you sit on your own in the ground? 

Because like i said its the whole experience of the day and enjoying the company of the people i am with before, during and after the game. I'd also find it rather intimidating going alone as a female in a male dominated 32k arena. 

1 minute ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Because like i said its the whole experience of the day and enjoying the company of the people i am with before, during and after the game. I'd also find it rather intimidating going alone as a female in a male dominated 32k arena. 

You would still enjoy that company before and after. It's literally two blocks of 45 minutes each we're talking about here.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

If you won't go unless you can sit next to someone you know then do you really want to go that much at all?

If it was a choice between going the game and sitting on my own or not going the game at all I would sack off literally anyone in a heartbeat.

What about people taking children and the other half. 

30 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Why can you not do all those things before and after the game if you sit on your own in the ground? 

Would you want your Mrs sat on her own possibly next to pissed up thugs. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

A quick glance at the website and I can see that there are still tickets together in the Family Stand for the next home game still on sale.

There are seats together for every game when the tickets go on sale. If you know you've got particular circumstances and can't sit alone, you'd get in earlier if you really wanted to go. As I said the bottom line is most of the time it's just excuses.

Not that I can view there aren’t, Man U is a sell out and there are a few in M1 Sk4 and Sk2 but that’s it for Palace. From what I can see.

Personally, I don't see why so much money is being spent on another training ground. Nothing wrong with the one we have got now. And in any case, the owners need to wait and see if we can get a good-enough manager and team to fill the ground with an extension or it will be an Albatross around the clubs neck.

6 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Personally, I don't see why so much money is being spent on another training ground. Nothing wrong with the one we have got now. And in any case, the owners need to wait and see if we can get a good-enough manager and team to fill the ground with an extension or it will be an Albatross around the clubs neck.

In a word : stature. 

We can tempt a better quality of coach, youth and player here with better facilities. 

Let's face it, the town itself isn't going to be a draw. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Not that I can view there aren’t, Man U is a sell out and there are a few in M1 Sk4 and Sk2 but that’s it for Palace. From what I can see.

So there are seats together for the next home game on sale. There's loads in M1.

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Interestingly what do fans think is more important, a new training ground or a stadium expansion? Our training facilities are of a high standard but probably nowhere near as good as the elite teams and can see why we want to do this for our long term ambition. It certainly helps the team and club more than the fans, compared with the stadium expansion.

Training ground for me. It takes years to see the fruit of it so the sooner we get it done the better. Would also help us to keep our current crop of excellent young players to have it done before they start to get itchy feet near the mid points of their new contracts.

I did the stadium tour yesterday and asked one of the guys about the expansion plans. He said Vichai's death has basically changed everything and it could be 12 months before we get any more news on this but the priority in the meantime is the training ground development. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bunyip said:

You know the current training ground has one full sized pitch? 

54 minutes ago, Silva Fox said:

I did the stadium tour yesterday and asked one of the guys about the expansion plans. He said Vichai's death has basically changed everything and it could be 12 months before we get any more news on this but the priority in the meantime is the training ground development. 

Gutted, but understandable if that’s what’s going on.  I’m sure the financial aspects of Vichai’s estate will take time and no doubt have some complexity. 

16 hours ago, ealingfox said:

So there are seats together for the next home game on sale. There's loads in M1.

But that's only because the away team have returned tickets, doesn't happen for every game. That block will be sold out in days once people start finding out about there being two seats available.

If we had an expansion we would be able to sell 30,000 season tickets so we would top our normal attendance every time. No brainer.

On 21/01/2019 at 12:28, Markyblue said:

Great to see the ambition of city fans never changes,  no wonder we are falling behind west ham ,everton etc.

Why have you mentioned them in particular?

Spend more millions, and possibly manager, than us in an attempt to push the top five/six in the league - but are appearing to dwindle down each season.

Imagine if we spent the amount they chucked for an average-looking team, this main LCFC forum would go into meltdown.

On 21/01/2019 at 13:50, Suzie the Fox said:

Its one of the main reasons i don't go as much as i used too. No way would i go to a match and sit on my own. Its not just the match itself its the whole experience of going to the pub 1st and then watching the game and grabbing a bite to eat after i enjoy.

I've done both, but def prefer going with my missus. The walk to the station via the pub. More drinks when we get into town. Bit of food before the game, and more drinks and food after. Not to forget the game. Love match days.

• Like 1

On 21/01/2019 at 15:48, Bunyip said:

Compared to most PL teams our current training ground is awful. The new training ground will help attract players