Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
shailen_patel4

Vaping ban

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

You've got to be within kissing distance to smell coffee breath.

You only need be within 100 yards of a vaper to smell that.

100 yards - behave lol

I’ve told you a million times not to exaggerate :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Guest Harrydc

Makes me laugh, if people want to vape let them vape, because you may not like the particular smell, it isn’t going to stop someone who in my opinion is vaping to try and improve their life and stop smoking. 

Oh, I do both. 

13 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

Makes me laugh, if people want to vape let them vape, because you may not like the particular smell, it isn’t going to stop someone who in my opinion is vaping to try and improve their life and stop smoking. 

Oh, I do both. 

I think it's common courtesy not to vape when other people are around.

18 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

Oh, I do both. 

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I think it's common courtesy not to vape when other people are around.

In my experience, most grown up and responsible vapers don’t like to vape when others are around. If you watch closely, most of us are discreet and try to hide it.

But just like people who think they look ‘cool’ by smoking, there’s also an element of show off vapers. Those who try and out-do each other by seeing who can generate the biggest cloud. 

Its these plumbs who give vapers a bad rep. Most of us are just doing what we can to avoid smoking poisonous tobacco ever again.

• Like 3

Guest Harrydc

I have no bad intentions from what I said, apologies if it caused any offence. I vape to cut down on the smoking, and when I’m smoking I tend to not breathe it near people, but vaping I don’t take as much care, not that I vape much in public anyway. 

I have a bean to cup coffee machine now and it can make incredibly strong coffee if desired, which I occasionally indulge in. I have to say I've caught my own coffee breach sometimes! I now brush my teeth several times during the day.

As for vaping, I don't really mind the vapours and since its in the open air, it doesn't seem to stick around too much. It certainly doesn't hang in the air and pollute your clothes the way cigarette smoke can. I do miss the atmosphere of pubs when people smoked though... we used to go to a pub after cricket and there was almost a fog of smoke in the air at all times. We didn't have the fittest cricket team and a couple of the guys smoked cigars..... but on the whole its a change for the good and your clothes don't stink of smoke!

I've never smoked by the way, but each to their own. I do drink and I have never historically eaten that well and I've never done much exercise, so each to their own. We all have our own vices and foibles and I reckon everyone is addicted to something (even if you're addicted to the endorphin release by working out in the gym or something).

Live and let live.

• Like 3

I also sort of miss cigarette advertising. I understand the reasons etc, but it must have injected a lot of money in to things we enjoy (mainly professional sports). That and the fact that adverts for unnecessary items like cigarettes and booze always seem a bit more entertaining than adverts for necessaries. That said, I can't stand the Bombardier adverts.

• Like 1

My wife vapes and it's because she's a massive nicotine addict who I don't think will ever be able to stop - her addiction has just carried on in a different form.

The medical guidance is that it's clearly far, far less harmful than smoking, but I don't think anyone knows at this stage whether it's harmless. 

She's fairly discreet about it, although recently when she changed the oil she uses to one that was much stronger smelling it became apparent that she was doing it even more than I thought it was, as the whole house stunk of it.

I'm glad she's not smoking actual cigarettes anymore (and hasn't for years now) but I wish she'd treat vaping like cigarette smoking e.g. nip outside for a quick vape, don't do it near the kids etc. 

It's really just destigmatized her addiction again, which doesn't really help in addressing it

12 hours ago, the fox said:

I truly want to know how many stopped smoking after trying Vape. Vape is........... Ah, also smoking? It's just a less harmful kind of smoking.

It’s vaping not smoking,

i for one have stopped 18 months now through vaping,

all things come with risks,

but it’s said to be 95% healthier than smoking,

next time anyone is in the royal look out for the ‘switch to vaping’ posters,

which if the nhs say is better than smoking for you then I’m all in

14 hours ago, shailen_patel4 said:

I don’t know how many users smoke on here, but as a smoker who’s smoked for 3 years (I’m 19) I know it’s not long but i want to kick the habit and use vapes instead before it’s too late. I understand why it’s a good idea to ban vapes as kids who have never smoked before use it which causes nicotine addiction but I wanna know your thoughts on it.

Forget vapes ..  just give up smoking full stop.    Just show what willpower you have, do your health a big favour and save a few bob.  

Me and the mrs both smoked (30 yrs) but then decided to stop ...  smoked ourselves stupid one night then just packed up.   Yes you'll pine for one ..  but just fookin ignore it !! ..   after a while you'll be there.   10 yrs later your lungs should be as they were before you started ..  nice and pinky and good to go.

You can do it ..  you really can.    :thumbup:

Every week post on here and let us know ...  we're all behind you.

• Like 4

They are not harmless, a mate of mine smoked for 10 years, switched to vaping and after a couple of years of that developed some condition where his lungs felt bruised and collected fluid, he only went to the doctors because he was getting really short of breath (not overweight, fairly healthy). The doctors said it is not something you'd see in tobacco smokers. Took him 2 or 3 months of not vaping to fully recover

There isn't going to be a vaping ban. That is bollux made by the American Media to get some clicks. 

Doesn't take a genius to admit its probably better than smoking but it's probably better to do neither. I agree with the other posters who feel it doesn't smell nearly as bad as smoking fags. I still remember coming home from a bar and my hair absolutely reeking of fags. 

The harm is relative to what you do with it really. I live with someone who spends all their home time on the sofa with a vape in their hand and a spare battery charging in the kitchen so they can constantly vape without stopping.  Guarantee they get through far more harmful substances than your average smoker.

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

The harm is relative to what you do with it really. I live with someone who spends all their home time on the sofa with a vape in their hand and a spare battery charging in the kitchen so they can constantly vape without stopping.  Guarantee they get through far more harmful substances than your average smoker.

How do you 'guarantee' that?

If they're chuffing away all day on a vape mixture of liquid nicotine, flavoring and cough medicine base, how can that be more harmful than the tar, chemicals and toxins in tobacco?

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Izzy said:

If they're chuffing away all day on a vape mixture of liquid nicotine, flavoring and cough medicine base, how can that be more harmful than the tar, chemicals and toxins in tobacco?

Yeah you only have to see the difference between what vapes look like on tissue compared to smoke from cigarettes look like on tissue. 

I think its the lesser of two evils but avoiding smoking all together is obviously the only way. 

2 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Wheres the load of bollocks emoji gone? 

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Izzy said:

5 minutes ago, stix said:

Leg it Llama ! ...   the vapes are after you  !! ...

237A4D2F-92E1-481D-B32E-4A69EBFFECE3.gif

7 minutes ago, Christoph said:

Yeah you only have to see the difference between what vapes look like on tissue compared to smoke from cigarettes look like on tissue. 

I think its the lesser of two evils but avoiding smoking all together is obviously the only way. 

I know what you mean but I'd phrase it as avoiding being addicted to nicotine is the ideal way.

I know vaping 'looks' like smoking, but it ain't. There is no smoke!

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Because I know the person's habits:  They've gone from having a few fags each day (they were never a heavy smoker, probably got through the equivalent of 2 packs a week if even that much) to being permanently hooked up to their sugary-sweet nicotine fix.  There's simply no way the device has made them healthier, it's turned them from a mild partaker into a full on addict and I suspect the notion that it's 'harmless' is to blame.  There may be no tar but vaping still introduces carcinogenic and toxic substances to your body, just in significantly smaller quantities that make it far, far safer for human consumption, my assertion here though is that in this one case their dramatic increase in consumption has rendered those benefits moot.  

9 minutes ago, stix said:

It got thrown out with the don't be a dick one.  See above.