Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
shailen_patel4

Vaping ban

43 minutes ago, shailen_patel4 said:

I’ll give clubvape a look

It's good for finding e liquids to try. You can search the clearance section, sort by price and look at reviews. I've found some great flavours on there. They deliver very quickly, as well. It's always been here the next day so far. Free delivery over £20, I think.

Vape HQ is worth a visit, as well, as you can try flavours out there.

• Like 1

As a non smoker and someone who has never touched the stuff I hate both types of smoking. Cigarettes smell and makes everything you touch smell and (this is just my opinion) vaping is frustrating as well. People seem to puff out second hand smoke out like a chimney and masses amount of it. When I'm walking to the football I get a face full of sickly fruity flavours. 

If you chose either, I'm not going to preach about the health implications as we are all aware of it, but please be aware of people in your surroundings, especially when children are around when blowing the 'smoke' around. 

Genuine question...why do vapers produce so much 'smoke'? Seems a bit excessive to me. Can this be cut down?

Edited by fox_favourite

28 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

As a non smoker and someone who has never touched the stuff I hate both types of smoking. Cigarettes smell and makes everything you touch smell and (this is just my opinion) vaping is frustrating as well. People seem to puff out second hand smoke out like a chimney and masses amount of it. When I'm walking to the football I get a face full of sickly fruity flavours. 

If you chose either, I'm not going to preach about the health implications as we are all aware of it, but please be aware of people in your surroundings, especially when children are around when blowing the 'smoke' around. 

Genuine question...why do vapers produce so much 'smoke'? Seems a bit excessive to me. Can this be cut down?

To be honest, the huge plumes of vapour that some vapers produce annoy me, too, and are totally unecessary. I use a little e cig thing that produces a very small cloud - less than a normal cigarette, and it satisfies me - a recent 20-a-day smoker.

Yes, it could easily be cut down. I don't know why they think huge clouds are important.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Izzy said:

It’s easier said than done for some to just ‘give up’ nicotine. It’s highly addictive and our bodies crave it. 

Could you just show willpower and give up alcohol and do your health a big favour and save a few bob?

If willpower alone worked for everyone we wouldn’t need patches, gum or vape sticks.

Fair play if you’re the kind of person who can just ‘stop’ but they’re few and far between in my experience...

Yes I know that Captain Vape ! ..  :)    ALLLLLL  I am trying to point out, as it hadn't been mentioned before, was to also consider just trying to give it up without using vapes to help ..   yes its hard, but some people have more will power than they think, and it is very satisfying to be able to say you did that.   If Shailen wants to vape instead then thats fine ...   but just bear it in mind.  The only help I had was that the mrs gave up at the same time ..  that is why I suggested that Shailen let us know how it was going on here so that we could all help and give support.

And in answer to your low ball question ...   if I wanted to give up the booze I'm sure I could ...   but I don't want to so we'll never find out !!    So there !!  :)

P.S. Do you wear a tight fitting white onesie with a big red V on the front when you post on this thread ?? ...   :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Yes I know that Captain Vape ! ..  :)    ALLLLLL  I am trying to point out, as it hadn't been mentioned before, was to also consider just trying to give it up without using vapes to help ..   yes its hard, but some people have more will power than they think, and it is very satisfying to be able to say you did that.   If Shailen wants to vape instead then thats fine ...   but just bear it in mind.  The only help I had was that the mrs gave up at the same time ..  that is why I suggested that Shailen let us know how it was going on here so that we could all help and give support.

And in answer to your low ball question ...   if I wanted to give up the booze I'm sure I could ...   but I don't want to so we'll never find out !!    So there !!  :)

P.S. Do you wear a tight fitting white onesie with a big red V on the front when you post on this thread ?? ...   :)

Haha, i do understand where your coming from but I struggle without a nicotine substitute and hopefully one day i quit all together 

On 24/01/2019 at 22:51, shailen_patel4 said:

I’ve purchased the eleaf i stick pico,ain’t the best but hopefully it will get me off the cigs :thumbup:

Good for you! I hope you like vaping as much as I do. Let us know how you get on, and if you find any good juices.

I'd recommend trying Vampire Vape Heisenberg, which you can pick up at Vape HQ shops. Great if you can't afford to wait for delivery.

• Like 1

On 23/01/2019 at 12:20, Countryfox said:

Someone’s not on holiday anymore ?

• Haha 1

On 22/01/2019 at 08:13, Izzy said:

As a Vaper for the last 5 years, my understanding is that there are no/minimal toxin chemicals that can cause cancer.

I mix my own vape liquid and there’s only 3 ingredients:

1. Liquid nicotine. Yes it’s addictive but doesn’t contain the tar/toxins - that comes from the tobacco ( I believe)

2. Flavour - in my case menthol. Harmless as far as I’m aware

3. Glycerin - the main ingredient and used as cough medicine base. Available over the counter at Boots and harmless 

All I know is I feel 100 times better from giving up cigarettes and taking up vaping. I don’t cough/wheeze, have more energy, my clothes don’t stink and it costs peanuts in comparison 

I read that although nicotine is highly addictive, it’s actually no worse for you than caffeine.

Such a great post. The story about vaping being harmful comes from the tobacco industry. Don’t be fooled.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I smoke and vape.

Bought 4 vape kits; sold a different thing in each shop. Sub ohm this watt temperature controlled pod thingy on so on.

Went to my GP about smoking and he offered a range of products that were taxed! All easy money for addicts like me.

I smoke and have had to complain about vapers. The sound is loud and the smells are so much more overwhelming than tobacco.

Anyway if anyone knows a liquorice and slight tobacco vape juice I'd be delighted to hear. (not black jack).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Great Boos Up said:

I smoke and vape.

Bought 4 vape kits; sold a different thing in each shop. Sub ohm this watt temperature controlled pod thingy on so on.

Went to my GP about smoking and he offered a range of products that were taxed! All easy money for addicts like me.

I smoke and have had to complain about vapers. The sound is loud and the smells are so much more overwhelming than tobacco.

Anyway if anyone knows a liquorice and slight tobacco vape juice I'd be delighted to hear. (not black jack).

:nigel:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

Good for you! I hope you like vaping as much as I do. Let us know how you get on, and if you find any good juices.

I'd recommend trying Vampire Vape Heisenberg, which you can pick up at Vape HQ shops. Great if you can't afford to wait for delivery.

I’ll have to give that ago atm I have billy the mole & sex on the beach from totally wicked:sweating:

I'm a light smoker, 1 rollie before and after work, a few at the pub etc. Never smoke at home.

I switched to vaping twice now, both times it gave me a horrible bronchitis. I never got chest problems with cigarettes.

It is not risk free and we shouldn't be treating it like that. You're still inhaling a substance or chemical, it is still a cancer risk.

It's certainly not as bad as smoking by any means and if it gets you off the fags that great, but don't walk around puffing away thinking there is no health risk with vaping, because there is.

There is a developing patient group now with lung diseases seemigly caused by vaping too. Particularly those who smoke and vape or switch often between the two.

Edited by z-layrex
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, z-layrex said:

I'm a light smoker, 1 rollie before and after work, a few at the pub etc. Never smoke at home.

I switched to vaping twice now, both times it gave me a horrible bronchitis. I never got chest problems with cigarettes.

It is not risk free and we shouldn't be treating it like that. You're still inhaling a substance or chemical, it is still a cancer risk.

It's certainly not as bad as smoking by any means and if it gets you off the fags that great, but don't walk around puffing away thinking there is no health risk with vaping, because there is.

There is a developing patient group now with lung diseases seemigly caused by vaping too. Particularly those who smoke and vape or switch often between the two.

I guess but there’s a risk to most things nowadays guess ya just live and do things that make you happy 

On 22/01/2019 at 21:51, fox_favourite said:

Its not smoke, it’s vapour. Cigarettes produce smoke from combusting tobacco, vaping heats a liquid until it become a gas and is exhaled mainly as water droplets. Chalk - cheese.

Recent research places the desire for larger clouds in the person’s desire to belong to a subculture in a visible fashion, in the same way that some people wear football shirts even though they aren’t on the first team list.

Yes, it’s possible to produce less - but there’s the rub of living in a society where we enjoy freedom of choice.

• Like 3

I bought a cheap vape last week. I've been smoking nearly 10 years, and am currently using it more to cut down rather than stop entirely. I do like it, however as it's a cheap one, I am thoroughly disappointed by the lack of enormous clouds following me around. 

It makes me cough more than smoking, and hits the back of the throat quite harshly which surprised me. On low nicotine from the start as I only smoke silk cut rip offs from Europe.

If it eventually helps me stop entirely I will be happy.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kopic said:

I bought a cheap vape last week. I've been smoking nearly 10 years, and am currently using it more to cut down rather than stop entirely. I do like it, however as it's a cheap one, I am thoroughly disappointed by the lack of enormous clouds following me around. 

It makes me cough more than smoking, and hits the back of the throat quite harshly which surprised me. On low nicotine from the start as I only smoke silk cut rip offs from Europe.

I would personally get yourself one of those bigger ones. Cost more money but they tend to have buttons where you can turn the watts up and down so it's easier to adjust what you prefer with the big clouds or not. 

I used a Smok Alien one but i'm sure you can probably buy better one now. I did prefer it over the stick vapes.

I didn't find it helped me stopped smoking as it replaced one habit with the other though. Only thing thats worked for me is  just going cold turkey and get over the initial couple of weeks. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kopic said:

It's normal for it to make you cough for the first week, i brought the eleaf pico resin which is the updated version of the pico which allows you to change the wattage it produces big clouds and decent flavour it's half price atm £32 which was a bargain as it was originally £64. 

6 minutes ago, Kopic said:

I don't actually want the massive cloud, that is what has stopped me from trying one for the past few years.

You don’t have to have a massive cloud if you don’t one one.

I mix my own juice and I’m much more interested in getting the right blend of flavour, taste and exact throat hit. 

I couldn’t care less about the size of cloud produced and it wouldn’t bother me one bit if there wasn’t one at all tbh