Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

"All we do is pass the ball sideways and backwards" - Not any more!

31 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Spot on, mate. Tielemans came in and as soon as it was possible he was in the starting XI. 

What we saw today is what Puel had in mind and the kind of football he wants to achieve. Anyone, I repeat anyone who took a bit of time to see what he did with Nice or Lillew ould've known that's he not defensive minded, just rather cautious out of necessecity. If we can keep Tielemans and add another striker we'll be spoiled next season. With or without Puel.

That's why I've supported Puel for as long as I have. I've looked into his work with Nice, Lille, and Lyon; his blueprint is there for all to see. As I've said in a previous post, Claude is pragmatic and works with what he has available. Southampton fans weren't happy with his approach, but what else do you expect when the big boys waltz along and poach your best players? The rest of the season should give us all a better idea of Puel's vision, now that he has most of the pieces needed to execute it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Here is the full move for our goal we scored today at Wembley stadium against Spurs with the youngest team in the league:

MyAYJpk.gif

This is the future and the future is so bright... ive gotta wear shades

• Like 2

Just now, Deeg67 said:

For the record - 23 consecutive passes, 1:20 off the clock, with all 10 field players touching the ball.  Last time LCFC has had a goal like that, I wonder?

Yeah but waste of effort want it? Kasper kick, Tielemans flick on, Vardy goal. BOOM.

Back in time for a cuppa...

Clearly moving the ball around their defence should create space to get around the back. You can see in that section of play how important it is to get extra players involved to drag the opposition  out of shape. Here it is maguire going to the left wing which pulls sissoko out and means they have to shuffle right so when wilf plays it to Ricardo, tielemans can offer quick support and rose is 1 v 2.  We HAVE to get around the back. It’s crucial as we don’t have a big striker. 

It’s not playing for the sake of it ... the alternative is just crossing from point which is nearly always a waste of time 

if tielemans is the catalyst for this actually working then we will get some decent home form in the remainder of the season .... assuming our striker keeps his gob shut and the manager doesn’t worry about his ego ........

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

will we see a better nacho with Tielemans in the starting line up? His confidence is shot to bits but Youri looks like the kind of player that makes the all team play better. 

Tielemans is good but come on, surely miracles are beyond him....

• Haha 1

We have been creating moves like this for most of the season 9 times out of 10 the chance is missed, today its gone in... I'm sure Teleman will add that extra bit of class we need moving forward though, Nididi was also spraying balls over the park looked a different player

Edited by whoareyaaa

18 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

We have been creating moves like this for most of the season 9 times out of 10 the chance is missed, today its gone in... I'm sure Teleman will add that extra bit of class we need moving forward though, Nididi was also spraying balls over the park looked a different player

I'd say we've been having moves like that, but the final few keys passes have eluded us. The key moments at the end were the quick ball by Tielemans to get Ricardo in behind and a far better driven cross, rather than the floaty behind every bollocks that often comes from the left hand side. What we've failed to do is create those tap in type chances.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 3