Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SuperMike

Michael Appleton

10 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Aside from that the form table has us on 4 points from our last 6: http://www.footstats.co.uk/index.cfm?task=formguide so that's not true...

Oh, sorry - forgot that the ONE draw and FIVE defeats in the past SIX games included that glorious match at Newport County. Such a shame that Puel fans have to revel in a defeat to a fourth division side. Technically we didnt pick up any points from that game so technically I'm correct. But hey ho - enjoy the fact that we haven't had a win since January 1st and carry on with petty nit-picking.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Father Ted said:

Progress down the table? There's a fact for you. 

Except that's not really a fact is it, because the season isn't decided on a 5 game period (where we've lost a couple of places in recent weeks), and we're in a higher position than where we were when he arrived. Maybe try actually making some proper critiques and arguments rather than "hurr durr, didn't win last week"

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Except that's not really a fact is it, because the season isn't decided on a 5 game period (where we've lost a couple of places in recent weeks), and we're in a higher position than where we were when he arrived. Maybe try actually making some proper critiques and arguments rather than "hurr durr, didn't win last week"

Now now children, let’s play nicely. 

What I will say (on the basis I don’t rate Puel one iota which I’m sure you know) is stating him as having us in a higher position in the league than when he started 16 months ago is not much of an advertisement of him doing a good job. 

Shakespeare was an awful choice and did an awful job, I submit pretty much any manager with experience would have achieved this.

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Technically there's no points available from a cup game so you'd never count that into a discussion on points hauls in X many games, so technically you're not, you're just a muppet

Nit picking AND name calling. 

Peurile and pathetic - always seems to be some kind of desperation about those supporters of a lost cause. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Shakespeare was an awful choice and did an awful job, I submit pretty much any manager with experience would have achieved this.

Well Ranieri couldn't, which is why Shakespeare took over in the first place, so that's wrong.

• Like 1

All silliness aside, and i do apologise for being part of it (as well as making an enormous cock-up by starting this thread in the first place!!), I really thought that MA was in charge for TWO games - both of which were victories. I know its not important, but can anyone enlighten me?

51 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

The OPs not too well hidden point though is that we'd have been better sticking with Appleton over Puel. He has far less Prem experience than Shakespeare, so you're not really backing him up. Unless of course you mean anybody with any management experience whatsoever could have us midtable in the Prem which is of course utterly ludicrous.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Out Foxed said:

so he's still being paid by leicester and i'm assuming that would end if he joined a new club. Hibs weren't prepared to give him what he wanted if he flopped so he opted out. interesting. 

was there an interview on this then? I'd be interested in reading if you could tag it on here.

2 hours ago, Al-aLondon-Foxile said:

Why don't we just merge every thread into Puel in V Puel out! FFS, i'm bored with it so i'm trying to avoid the topic, but it's everywhere! :yawn:

Why don’t we just get rid of him, then there is no need for anymore threads on the subject.Seems like a plan to me.

From the Daily Record..."It's reported Appleton was offered a four-month pay-off if Hibs fired him, well short of the standard 12-month arrangement."

Its a sad state of affairs for Scottish football when a Scottish Premiership team get turned down by Appleton. Im surprised by him though as if he is ambitious he should have taken the deal and proven himself.