Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LcfcOk

The gym

16 hours ago, Reginaldo said:

Have a look at "Private Gym Fitness" on you tube. I bought a knock-off TRX during lockdown and put it up in the garage and it's doing me good...he does loads of other types of exercise too. and all free (at the moment)...

Amazing, thanks!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

With that Twitter bio, it's either you or @UpTheLeagueFox, or maybe a hybrid, you did go to school together lol

Screenshot_20210405-183632_Twitter.jpg

I've said all along that Geoff is SFE. I mean, he's actually from Enderby, he's a football journaliste, spends his life chasing fit women on Tinder, likes his beer (not sure about his cars) and defo smashes the gym.

It's bloody obvious really :whistle:

Just now, Izzy said:

I've said all along that Geoff is SFE. I mean, he's actually from Enderby, he's a football journaliste, spends his life chasing fit women on Tinder, likes his beer (not sure about his cars) and defo smashes the gym.

It's bloody obvious really :whistle:

He's a Vauxhall Insignia man, I've ruled him out!

That's why I'm suspicious you two are in collusion. 

The Jag...

It's all adding up :ph34r:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

The gym I use still only allowing 50 minute gym sessions. Strange as I know other gyms in the area aren’t putting time limits on people. Time to look for a new gym I think.

Which gym is that? The one I used to attend has lowered the sessions from an hour to 55mins to give more leaving time for cleaning etc. Personally think it's better to limit people in each session for now to ensure the areas can be fully cleaned properly.

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Which gym is that? The one I used to attend has lowered the sessions from an hour to 55mins to give more leaving time for cleaning etc. Personally think it's better to limit people in each session for now to ensure the areas can be fully cleaned properly.

It’s the Livingwell gym at the Hilton Hotel. That’s fair enough if they want to limit each session but to still charge the full £50 a month for 50 minute sessions, no pool, no sauna, no steam room doesn’t seem right to me. 

17 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

It’s the Livingwell gym at the Hilton Hotel. That’s fair enough if they want to limit each session but to still charge the full £50 a month for 50 minute sessions, no pool, no sauna, no steam room doesn’t seem right to me. 

That is pretty pricey mate, especially if you can't be using the full things. 

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

That is pretty pricey mate, especially if you can't be using the full things. 

I understand they have to follow government guidelines and they can’t have saunas & steam rooms open. But it’s a shame they haven’t offered to knock 25% off to reflect the lack of facilities that can be used. 

• Like 1

The gym I go to is in one hour slots. Then shuts for 10 minutes for extra cleaning then opens for another hour slot.

I don't mind as I used to go at 7am till 8 before all the restrictions. Its opening at 7am again so it works for me. 

Only change is the sauna is still shut. Can manage with that for now :) looking forward to getting back into it.

Had an email from Pure Gym saying they reopen at 6am on Monday. No time restriction, just the same capacity as before. Requesting to wear a mask when not working out which is the only change from last time. No extra time for cleaners as they provide cleaning equipment and have extra cleaners knocking around.

Can't wait. I've changed my hours at work to start half an hour later, so I'm raring to go.

I’ve hit proper fat bastard territory over this last lockdown. Very keen for the gyms AND barbers to open up on Monday so I can start giving a shit again (or at least appearing like I do anyway!)

Going to try and lose a stone and a half before my Birthday in June. Game on. 

16 minutes ago, Manini said:

I’ve hit proper fat bastard territory over this last lockdown. Very keen for the gyms AND barbers to open up on Monday so I can start giving a shit again (or at least appearing like I do anyway!)

Going to try and lose a stone and a half before my Birthday in June. Game on. 

Last lockdown hasn't been kind to me either. I'm not a huge fan of running, but especially when it's bloody freezing, so can't wait to be back indoors exercising. 

I lose motivation at times anyway, but after the best part of a year off I can't wait to get in there.

On 07/04/2021 at 16:44, Facecloth said:

Last lockdown hasn't been kind to me either. I'm not a huge fan of running, but especially when it's bloody freezing, so can't wait to be back indoors exercising. 

I lose motivation at times anyway, but after the best part of a year off I can't wait to get in there.

having things taken away from you makes you appreciate them more and I’m definitely feeling that with the gym. I think back to when things were normal and some sessions I couldn’t wait to get finished but I think I’ll not take it for granted now - like you I’m not really a runner so having footy and the gym back is good news. 

I'm just going into week 4 of Bigger Leaner Stronger.

I've tried so many programmes over the years involving different muscle groups but never quite managed to train 5 days a week with weights and run and walk as extra without getting injured or simply not having the time. This fella designs his training into lifting heavy but short reps 4-6 and only 3 sets with 2-4 mins rest in between and only 4 exercises per day so only 45 mins needed. I'm doing it on my lunch hour in combination with only eating about 1700 calories a day so for the first 6 months I'll be cutting and gaining which is weird! I'd recommend.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Nick said:

I'm just going into week 4 of Bigger Leaner Stronger.

I've tried so many programmes over the years involving different muscle groups but never quite managed to train 5 days a week with weights and run and walk as extra without getting injured or simply not having the time. This fella designs his training into lifting heavy but short reps 4-6 and only 3 sets with 2-4 mins rest in between and only 4 exercises per day so only 45 mins needed. I'm doing it on my lunch hour in combination with only eating about 1700 calories a day so for the first 6 months I'll be cutting and gaining which is weird! I'd recommend.

Blimey that is low calorie, are you a small guy? 

3 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Blimey that is low calorie, are you a small guy? 

Nope 6ft and XL 😂 

started cutting in November and just ran. I’d lost 5Kg as of a month ago when I went back to lifting. Protein shake for breakfast, salad lunch and meat/fish veg at night. No bread, chocolate, crisps nadda. A bit of fruit and walnuts if I’m nibbly! Started at 88kg plus and I’m sub 83 at the moment.