Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LcfcOk

The gym

Could get used to this, last night there were 4 people in the room, which included me and the Mrs. 45 minute slots are a bit tight but seeing as you can just walk onto whatever equipment you want at any time, it doesn't really matter. At the end of the session staff come in and clean everything ready for the next slot. Great stuff, just need the pool open now. 

• Like 1

Feel sorry for the people who work in the sector but I must say I’m enjoying it more now. Literally been in 4 days and there has hardly been anybody, it makes me feel a bit less self-conscious about other people wanting to use the machine that I’m on and it means that I can just get on with my session without distractions. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Regarding changing rooms and showers are they open at gyms?

My gym re-opens on Saturday but it doesn’t say whether or not we can get showered and changed afterwards.

Yeah, they are at my local Pure Gym.

I'd say about 75% of lockers are out of use though and most people tend to keep their bag with them when training. The showers are in use although some people seem to go home and have one afterwards.

Personally, I still use the locker and the shower there. No problems and all very clean and tidy IMO :thumbup:

(P.S. I got a bollocking from the staff yesterday for training with a mate. Not allowed to share stations or spot anyone atm and i didn't read the rules :unsure:)

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Izzy said:

I'd say about 75% of lockers are out of use though and most people tend to keep their bag with them when training. The showers are in use although some people seem to go home and have one afterwards.

Personally, I still use the locker and the shower there. No problems and all very clean and tidy IMO :thumbup:

(P.S. I got a bollocking from the staff yesterday for training with a mate. Not allowed to share stations or spot anyone atm and i didn't read the rules :unsure:)

Last week there was a member of staff at my Pure Gym (Loughborough) telling anyone who had a bag on them that it needed to go in the lockers. Don't know why, presume it's another of their Covid regulations.

Been pretty impressed with Pure so far though, I think they've done as well as can be expected in terms of cleanliness and distancing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Charl91 said:

Last week there was a member of staff at my Pure Gym (Loughborough) telling anyone who had a bag on them that it needed to go in the lockers. Don't know why, presume it's another of their Covid regulations.

Been pretty impressed with Pure so far though, I think they've done as well as can be expected in terms of cleanliness and distancing.

My only slight criticism of my local Pure Gym is that the small amount of lockers that are in use (about 20%) are all together in the corner which means everyone is in the same place getting changed. Would have made more sense from a distancing POV to space them out evenly so every 5th one is available and spread out more. Apart from that, can’t fault them really.

13 hours ago, Izzy said:

Good from a chain gym to do that. My gym has no regulations in place at all, went yesterday around 4pm, and no one was distancing and large groups working out together!

48 minutes ago, Ollie93 said:

Good from a chain gym to do that. My gym has no regulations in place at all, went yesterday around 4pm, and no one was distancing and large groups working out together!

Yeah can’t fault them for telling me off tbf. My own fault for not reading the rules. The staff seem to have no issues going round telling people to work out on their own. Fair play, they’re taking it proper serious 

• 2 weeks later...

Received an E-mail today from my gym explaining that DD will start again from the 1st September. 

Not best pleased that we are still required to pay the full amount even though we aren’t allowed to use all the facilities. No showers, no swimming pool, sauna or steam room and only 45 minute sessions. I understand that they are only following government guidelines but surely they should knock off a percentage of the DD. 

My sister uses David Lloyd and they have reduced their DD by 10%, not much but at least it’s something. 

Got stuck in a rut when lockdown started, bought a barbell and started working with a coach late May and have smashed it since. 

2 and a half stone down in 12 weeks now, back in the gym as strong as I was before lockdown. 

Gyms being back open has done wonders for my confidence, find the people on twitter laughing at people who were dying for gyms to reopen odd. What’s wrong with people trying to better themselves?

Edited by Itsthejoeker
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...
16 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I'm signing back up as soon as they re-open after Lockdown, even 45 minutes to an hour does wonders for your mental health, self confidence and your body.

Amen to that.

I went for the final time before lockdown this morning and the staff looked really pissed off. They've worked their asses off since July making the place Covid safe and now they've got to shut the doors again. 

I'm going to really struggle for the next month and don't have the kit at home so will have to go old school push ups and star jumps every day I guess :rolleyes:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Amen to that.

I went for the final time before lockdown this morning and the staff looked really pissed off. They've worked their asses off since July making the place Covid safe and now they've got to shut the doors again. 

I'm going to really struggle for the next month and don't have the kit at home so will have to go old school push ups and star jumps every day I guess :rolleyes:

A barbell and a couple of dumbells wouldn't cost much, bro.

It's all I use.

I went to use the outdoor gym on Victoria Park yesterday, only to find that it was already blocked off with barriers.

A bit keen by the council, but I suppose they have a limited number of people who have to go and shut off such places.

A pain in the arse as that gym has become quite important to me in retaining some physical fitness and mental sanity this year. Go up there every couple of days if not too busy.

I understand the arguments for shutting it down, but it's a wind-up to then walk across the park having to move out of the way of all the self-important joggers who run straight at you, huffing away and expecting you to be the one to move......

3 minutes ago, Buce said:

A barbell and a couple of dumbells wouldn't cost much, bro.

It's all I use.

I can't find any in stock locally mate. Checked Argos etc. but everywhere has sold out!

4 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Gutted that they're closing again. Muscle memory had started to come back after months of home workouts that weren't really cutting it. 

I slipped a disc about a month before the first lockdown, so it feels like I've barely gone this year 

Aye.

I lost noticeable muscle mass during the first lockdown but have worked my nuts off in the gym since July and in the best shape I've been for ages. Just know I'm gonna go back to square one all over again now!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Aye.

I lost noticeable muscle mass during the first lockdown but have worked my nuts off in the gym since July and in the best shape I've been for ages. Just know I'm gonna go back to square one all over again now!

It's much easier to retain muscle than it is to get it in the first place, Izzy.

A home workout will be fine.

• Thanks 1