Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LcfcOk

The gym

6 minutes ago, slymunn said:

Enjoyed going back to the gym this morning. Its a little bit of 'normal' back in my life.

Absolutely right.

It was a bit of a struggle this morning and I found the weights I could manage were 5-10% less than before this lockdown but hopefully get that back soon.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Absolutely right.

It was a bit of a struggle this morning and I found the weights I could manage were 5-10% less than before this lockdown but hopefully get that back soon.

It all just takes time. You never quite realise how quickly you lose that bit of strength.

Wish I could get it back as quickly!

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Went yesterday, couldn't run because of a tender calf (it's been a bloody month and still not improved) and that, sadly, set the tempo for the hour session.

Every piece of equipment I used just felt mehhhhh.

Was buzzing for it but was left underwhelmed.

Will try again later.

This happened to me when they reopened the first time. Give it a week or two and muscle memory will kick in. 

I'm gonna go back for the first time tomorrow, looking forward to it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/12/2020 at 14:33, Stadt said:

Thinking about getting some kettlebells, I’ve not looked into it too much but they seem quite efficient for home workouts. I’m a complete novice when it comes to lifting - are they worthwhile? 

Yeah I’d say so, pretty versatile and if you get a set you will be able to work your way upwards weight wise.

• Thanks 1

I don’t know if this is the same in other peoples gyms but mine is bang in the city centre, and it’s usually frequented by a lot of office workers and people who work in the city - because everyone is working from home pretty much it’s constantly dead. There’s never more than I’d say 10/15 people in at any one time and it’s just the best ever. I love going to the gym but hate having to queue for different stations/do something else whilst I’m waiting, so I’m really enjoying just being able to go in and get everything boxed off without having to hang about. Hopefully this is the same in January because that’s usually an absolutely nightmare. 

17 minutes ago, Manini said:

I don’t know if this is the same in other peoples gyms but mine is bang in the city centre, and it’s usually frequented by a lot of office workers and people who work in the city - because everyone is working from home pretty much it’s constantly dead. There’s never more than I’d say 10/15 people in at any one time and it’s just the best ever. I love going to the gym but hate having to queue for different stations/do something else whilst I’m waiting, so I’m really enjoying just being able to go in and get everything boxed off without having to hang about. Hopefully this is the same in January because that’s usually an absolutely nightmare. 

I wouldnt mind if the new booking system I have at my gym remains after restrictions are relaxed. Like you say, without the queuing up for stations, it makes going to the gym far more enjoyable. Book your place and choose a time where its not overly busy. Showing up to the gym when its packed really is a downer.  

On 05/12/2020 at 14:33, Stadt said:

Thinking about getting some kettlebells, I’ve not looked into it too much but they seem quite efficient for home workouts. I’m a complete novice when it comes to lifting - are they worthwhile? 

Yes mate absolutely.

https://www.menshealth.com/fitness/a26011360/best-kettlebell-workouts-men/ 

Throw 5/6 of them together a few times a week and you'll be well on your way.

• Thanks 1

Enjoying being back. Bit of a pre Christmas rush I feel at the moment I feel, seeing a lot of new faces, but that can only be a good thing I guess. I went vegan in November (only caved in a couple of times) to lose a bit of weight in preparation for Christmas, when I'll go to town on selection boxes and beers and put a bunch of weight on quickly. At the moment I'm the leanest I've been in a long time. Lost quite a lot of muscle mass but that's expected when you're just eating beans and soy sausages. 

17 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

Really getting into running on the treadmill, can't wait to be put in tier 4 and have to go running in the cold and dark again :thumbdown:

I live in Bucks so tier 4 from midnight.

Really fvcked off about it tbh. Was just getting back into the gym and now this shit again. Had enough really.

19 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I live in Bucks so tier 4 from midnight.

Really fvcked off about it tbh. Was just getting back into the gym and now this shit again. Had enough really.

I feel for all these places that have put measures in place to allow us to use them safely. Gym with limited numbers or booking slots, half the machines out of use and cleaning stations. Pubs and restaurants with table service and screens and booking systems.  So we close them all and the people who want to see their mates and family will just go round their houses, with no social distancing, no screens, no masks etc. 

I feel save in my gym and have no issue going. I can check the app and if its too busy, I won't go.

• Like 2