Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LcfcOk

The gym

14 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Well done Pure Gym, great stuff :appl:

Spotlessly clean, excellent measures in place. Everyone following the rules and nice to see some familiar endorphin fuelled faces again.

Good to be back :)

I've been keeping an eye on the numbers and they are well with capacity. Will go tomorrow i think, maybe during the game if it gets to stressful lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

I've been keeping an eye on the numbers and they are well with capacity. Will go tomorrow i think, maybe during the game if it gets to stressful lol

Yeah the app is great for showing current numbers. Ours has a capacity of 135 and been averaging about 55 each hour today. Loads of space, no waiting for kit, easy peasy :thumbup:

5 hours ago, Lionator said:

Can't wait to get back armed with my dettol wipes. Mainly for the mental health effects, running and press ups in the park gets old after a while and I reckon I've lost quite a bit of strength over this period. 

I’m not sure you need to take your own wipes (unless you want to) There were plenty of sanitation stations at our place and all spray, paper tools etc provided.

Tell me about losing strength - crikey. I knew I had over the last 4 months but I could only push/pull about 80% weight today of what I could before lockdown.
Gonna take a while to get it back :unsure:

Went today for the first time since lockdown. Was impressed by how it was run, 55 minute slots, staff disinfecting things. The equipment was also really well spread out. Was a bit worried about what it was going to be like, but was definitely reassured after going today.

• Like 1

On 25/07/2020 at 11:10, Izzy said:

Spotlessly clean, excellent measures in place. Everyone following the rules and nice to see some familiar endorphin fuelled faces again.

Which pure gym is this?

Just checked on website and says pure gym is temporarily closed

1 minute ago, Swarles Barkley said:

Which pure gym is this?

Just checked on website and says pure gym is temporarily closed

Aylesbury mate, therefore probably no help to you at all :unsure:

• Thanks 1

Second in a row today, very sore lol . Was a bit of a nightmare because i went at near peak time and with some equipment off limits with the social distancing measures, it took about half hour to get a bench. Might have to consider coming home and going at proper dead hours at like 9 in future but I'll see how the week pans out,just delighted to be back

• Like 1

7 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Similar here. Had a big session on Saturday but clearly hadn't recovered by today. Really struggled, physically and mentally.

Tomorrow is another day, might feel better!

Important to remember to rest just as hard as you train. Take it easy, slow and steady wins.

• Like 1

On 25/07/2020 at 11:10, Izzy said:

Which one did you go to? I'm a member at Loughborough but looked really busy on the app yesterday (I work daytimes so has to be early or late).

Just saw your comment above! Ignore me

Edited by bmt
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, bmt said:

Which one did you go to? I'm a member at Loughborough but looked really busy on the app yesterday (I work daytimes so has to be early or late).

Just saw your comment above! Ignore me

I went to the Loughborough one yesterday - was quite busy, even at midday, which you'd expect to be quiet.

I'm lucky with my gym as its limiting numbers to 12 allowed at one time.

Have to book in the hour slot and it has 15 minute gaps for a clean and swap over of cardio equipment to use.

Have had no issues getting in so far and its better than I thought going back would be.

2 hours ago, slymunn said:

I'm lucky with my gym as its limiting numbers to 12 allowed at one time.

Have to book in the hour slot and it has 15 minute gaps for a clean and swap over of cardio equipment to use.

Have had no issues getting in so far and its better than I thought going back would be.

That sounds like a very small gym? 

Wish my gym was like it Is at the moment all the time. Hardly anyone in, people cleaning up after themselves and being a lot more considerate of others and a virtually empty swimming pool most evenings. The life, I love it. Just need the sauna to open in 10 minute bookable slots and it’ll be the icing on the cake. 

• Like 1

I’ve been keeping an eye on PureGym Loughborough numbers at the time I used to go. Cancelled my DD during lockdown. Interested to see it’s always low 40-50 compared to the 150+ at times! 

do people think others have learnt other ways to train at home/outdoors? Scared of covid? Got lazy? 

@Izzy Aylesbury puregym is great, used to visit quite a lot as I worked down there a bit. Love how open Plan And spacious the place is

• Like 1

I use Hollywell at Loughborough uni. Very good there probably a max of 20 people in at anyone time, it is a big space too so plenty of room to distance. Every slot is about an hour long staff remain in the gym to ensure people are adhering to the rules. Lots of cleaning stations spread throughout the gym. 

17 hours ago, SystonFox said:

I’ve been keeping an eye on PureGym Loughborough numbers at the time I used to go. Cancelled my DD during lockdown. Interested to see it’s always low 40-50 compared to the 150+ at times! 

do people think others have learnt other ways to train at home/outdoors? Scared of covid? Got lazy? 

@Izzy Aylesbury puregym is great, used to visit quite a lot as I worked down there a bit. Love how open Plan And spacious the place is

Probably a bit of both, you're top gym nut probably got themselves a decent home setup and cant be bothered with the aggro of some equipment being unavailable for social distancing measures .etc. Then you'll have people finding it hard to get out of the slump of going after 4 months off, especially if they've been working from home.