Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Benkovic - I want to show that I can play in the English Premier League.

20 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Plays in the SPL so according to a lot of people that's shit, remember? So why we judging him. 

It is shit.  But from the games I have streamed he is so much better than those around him.   He will be a success here.

1 minute ago, PhillippaT said:

You must be new here...

;)

Nope......but whatever subject comes up every thread turns into Puel in/out!

Soon I'll be reading:

''In todays PM question time Theresa May replied to a 'what's happening with Brexit' question by replying 'Never mind that, should Puel remain as Leicester City manager?' 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

Nope......but whatever subject comes up every thread turns into Puel in/out!

Soon I'll be reading:

''In todays PM question time Theresa May replied to a 'what's happening with Brexit' question by replying 'Never mind that, should Puel remain as Leicester City manager?' 

Then why are you still amazed? :P  ;) lol

14 hours ago, PhillippaT said:

Then why are you still amazed? :P  ;) lol

Woke up this morning, and there it was, fresh on the BBC news app: 

"Mrs May also met cabinet ministers David Gauke and Greg Clark, who have recently warned of the dangers to business of leaving the EU without a formal deal. Dismissing this as unimportant, they went on to the most important issue of the day. David Gauke thought Puel should remain, Greg Clark thought Puel should go and as usual Mrs May evaded the subject".

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Based on the ramblings of one sole poster? Overdramatizing muchly?

My point was why does every thread turn into a Puel debate?

The first 19 posts were about Benkovic, with some really good sensible points, including your own. Then it turned into a Puel thread with 7 of the next 8 posts about or referring to Puel, which may have been only three posters (some with several laughs, thanks and likes), but that still makes up 25% of the thread!

On 20/02/2019 at 13:22, Nickfosse said:

Not sure if you’re a ST holder already, but if Brendan Rogers ends up as our manager please PM me and you can have mine. 

Brendan Rogers really has accomplished nothing at Celtic and in my opinion is completely over hyped. If he had any thing about him he would be looking for a job in the big leagues not managing a third tier team.

• Like 2

Anyway... the original post was a good read and it's amazing how well the loan worked out for him.

When he and soyuncu signed it looked clear that benkovic was one for the future and caglar was for now, but it certainly looks like this lad is closer to next seasons first team than "the turk"

Fair play to him and looking forward to seeing him back here.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

David Hay now stating they should bin him off early now he has made it clear he wants to have a crack at proper football next term.  

David Hay is a Moron.

The loan was for one season and one season only. Does he really think that any player would turn his back on the Premier League to play in Scotland. 

45 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

David Hay is a Moron.

The loan was for one season and one season only. Does he really think that any player would turn his back on the Premier League to play in Scotland. 

Yes but they play before big crowds and wallop St Mirren and Partick Thistle Hotel FC every week.

4 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Brendan Rogers really has accomplished nothing at Celtic and in my opinion is completely over hyped. If he had any thing about him he would be looking for a job in the big leagues not managing a third tier team.

Accomplished nothing... aside from becoming the first Scottish team in history to win back-to-back trebles. 

5 hours ago, EverybodyDannsNow said:

Accomplished nothing... aside from becoming the first Scottish team in history to win back-to-back trebles. 

Given its always a 50 50 chance when rangers were around they had great odds to win every year lets be honest. Sure on a technicality its a fantastic record no doubt but its almost expected with the lack of competition up there.

The last time a team other than celtic or rangers won was aberdeen in 1984-1985 season. That was like almost 34 years ago lol. I think both rangers and celtic have won like 8 or 9 titles in a row each at some point. According to wikipedia if its right (unless i'm blind and misread which is always possible)

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, EverybodyDannsNow said:

They are the best team in a shit league. Thats an accomplishment to be proud of. Their quality shows as soon as they play in Europe.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, crisp packet said:

Back fit , just came on as sub for Celtic . Hardly a cheer lol ..from celts fans . Guess they don’t think they can buy him now... !

Lenny didn’t mean to miss him out of the post match hugs but he did - benko looked a bit like he’d left his high five hanging !