Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Benkovic - I want to show that I can play in the English Premier League.

5 minutes ago, davieG said:

Celtic loanee Filip Benkovic discusses Leicester City plans for next season

Benkovic is currently sidelined with an ankle injury and is not expected to return until late next month.

It is the first serious problem Benkovic has had since moving to Glasgow, having earned a reputation for being injury-prone while Dinamo Zagreb in his home country.

“That's me, a magnet for trouble!” he added.

“Before the injury, everything was super, I was just too happy. Regardless of this injury that, I hope, will not keep me from the field tor too long, I enjoy everything.

“The games are every two to three days, the pace is a killer, but I feel great. I’ve played 23 games, I can feel the coach trusts me, which, of course, gives me an even greater dimension to my satisfaction. Now this has stopped me a bit, but I believe, not for a long time.

I didn't know that bit (in bold), which is a bit worrying.

Otherwise, I like the sound of his attitude and he seemed to be getting rave reviews up there.

Just now, Alf Bentley said:

I didn't know that bit (in bold), which is a bit worrying.

Otherwise, I like the sound of his attitude and he seemed to be getting rave reviews up there.

I’ve tried to find information on his injuries before he signed for us but nothing came up. Not to say that he didn’t get injured but there were no English articles stating anything 

Playing on plastic did him the first time as he withdrew during the warm up. As I said earlier today on another thread, just get him back and ready for us. Celtic will be dumped out of the Europa League this week so playing against the dross that makes up the SPL is pointless now and will add little value in his future development. 

Hopefully some clever person can post this on their forum so they all stop dreaming.

7 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Playing on plastic did him the first time as he withdrew during the warm up. As I said earlier today on another thread, just get him back and ready for us. Celtic will be dumped out of the Europa League this week so playing against the dross that makes up the SPL is pointless now and will add little value in his future development. 

Hopefully some clever person can post this on their forum so they all stop dreaming.

And coming back here to play u23 would be better for his development. 

25 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Don't think you can recall outside of a transfer window unless both clubs agree?

42 minutes ago, sylofox said:

And coming back here to play u23 would be better for his development. 

No- I was suggesting bring him back to sort his knee out, not play for the under 23’s.  Mind you probably not much different in standard.

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

Sounds like he’s switched on. Good that we’re recruiting players with the right personalities again.

Agree. I liked the recent article by Ghezzal too, really wanting to do everything possible to make it. Even if they don't make it here, I like that attitude, and it's the attitude we need around and throughout the club.

I know these articles are often put out there by their representatives, but wouldn't it be nice to read something like this from Nacho?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

He's better off there,until EOS, most likely a title under his belt..the biggest confidence builder,might also end up playing in a cup-final!!!!

you misjudge spectacularly the experience,motivation and knowledge that he will be gathering by staying until the end.....ing

there is only dross,when poster s underestimates other leagues!!!

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

Just look for the Serbo-Croatian word for "injury" ("ozljeda") and put "Dinamo Zagreb" next to it, and boom:

Benkovic has had a few injury problems in the past two years: Back spasms in 2016, followed by a hamstring injury that sidelined him for months in between late 2016 and early 2017, forcing him to visit former Bayern Munich team doctor Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt; he then suffered some further "muscle problems" in July 2017.

But let's not forget the guy's only 21 years old, so it's possible those were natural side effects of the body's growth process.

It's good that they're both isolated incidents, ie not the same ankle over and over. Get him back to our physios and real grass!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

If you don’t feel that Puel is the right manager so be it, but thinking that Brendan Rogers is the answer :crylaugh:

If Gerrard didn't slip he would have won the league with Jon Flanagan at left back. Great attacking philosophy. Anything is better than this currently.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

If Gerrard didn't slip he would have won the league with Jon Flanagan at left back. Great attacking philosophy. Anything is better than this currently.

Did you catch the documentary when he became manager of Liverpool? 

Particularly “the name of the player in this envelope will let us down before the end of the season” scene?

Absolute joke of a manager.