Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BlueArmy123

Stadium Expansion

Guest Markyblue
4 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Land moves as does the water table. They might need to go deeper than the original build as well - larger capacity load. 

That certainly is a good point,  as for the cat scan and utilities drawings trail holes would be dug to check the drawings are accurate. 

If they are expanding from 32 to 40+K capacity then that's almost 25-30% increase.  That is an hell of an extra loading, especially considering that the structure shakes already (when the KP rocks it does so literally). The expansion is an ideal opportunity to strengthen some of the existing structure. its not like sticking an extra bedroom on top of your garage. it is a major engineering and building project which will put a massive loading on the existing foundations, especially when you consider that the whole area is made up ground and beside the river.  As rightly pointed out, this exploratory survey work is essential to establish what loadings the ground will take, the depth to which any piling for foundations will need to go and what buried services are present.  I would not be surprised if they are not doing Ground Penetrating Radar surveys and all sorts.  I think we will see a lot of this type of activity over the coming months.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Ulloa Earthquake!!

Yep. Although that did actually register on the Richter scale apparently ! I also seem to recall that, when the stadium was first built, they could not get a license for music events due to the fear that if everyone started dancing and jumping around at the same time there was a risk that it could set up some sort of vibration and resultant structural damage but they may have fixed that.

3 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

I recall the music licence issue. If it wasn't resolved how did we get permission for the kasabian gig? If it was, I wonder went we've not had any others. 

At the Kasabian gigs the higher rows of the stadium were netted off, I assume this was connected to them not wanting the stadium falling down. 

I thought, and I could be mistaken, that we had some structural work done at some point in the last 10 years to reinforce certain structures holding the stadium. 

Did I dream this? Because wasn’t there an all day festival that status quo were headlining and it got pulled last minute when this came to light..... either that or ticket sales were poor and they needed an excuse but I can’t imagine our club at that time doing such a thing

• Like 1

6 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

It's a lovely ground design, but to be all doom and gloom, waters edge isn't the best idea. Given the climate battle we're facing and rising water levels, or even high rain fall, flooding the area out is probably not too far ahead

It’s not really waters edge though, I’ve been there and the water is about 8-10 metres lower down. It’ll be a long time before the seas rise that much.

On 22/07/2019 at 12:16, Cardiff_Fox said:

You'd do that with a CAT scan and this information is more readily available from the service providers. 

If they find one of these big CAT's they are scanning for will we be renamed The Tigers?

4 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

It’s not really waters edge though, I’ve been there and the water is about 8-10 metres lower down. It’ll be a long time before the seas rise that much.

True but i mean.... rivers can flood and being right next to one probably isn't the best idea. I assume it's probably cheaper for them to build there though which is why they've done it. However with the money they have they could probably tackle any potential flooding problem if it were to occur. 

2 hours ago, Christoph said:

True but i mean.... rivers can flood and being right next to one probably isn't the best idea. I assume it's probably cheaper for them to build there though which is why they've done it. However with the money they have they could probably tackle any potential flooding problem if it were to occur. 

I believe they are, with the help of Liverpool Football Club, planning to divert the Gulf Stream to avoid any such problems....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, norwichfox said:

I believe they are, with the help of Liverpool Football Club, planning to divert the Gulf Stream to avoid any such problems....

Isn't out of the realm of possibility to build flood barriers around the area if they had to, albeit at a high cost. 

1 hour ago, norwichfox said:

Pi55 taker lollollol

1 hour ago, Christoph said:

Isn't out of the realm of possibility to build flood barriers around the area if they had to, albeit at a high cost. 

If the water tables up ie flooding the pitch wont drain so will be un playable.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I'm talking about permanent structures. Flood walls etc. 1/3 of the Netherlands is under sea level. So i'm sure if it came to it, they could find something in place to protect the area. 

You would imagine that they probably thought about potential flooding risks when they purchased the site. 

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

Pi55 taker lollollol

Moi?...

p.s. Sorry I didn't recognise you in GY yesterday...must've been the heat (or your abject failure in not wearing a City Shirt). :o

58 minutes ago, Christoph said:

I'm talking about permanent structures. Flood walls etc. 1/3 of the Netherlands is under sea level. So i'm sure if it came to it, they could find something in place to protect the area. You would imagine that they probably thought about potential flooding risks when they purchased the site. 

Maybe dig a deep hole to lower the water table?...

Edited by norwichfox
  • Haha 1