Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BlueArmy123

Stadium Expansion

3 hours ago, sylofox said:

You may want to re think that. I can think of £60/70m our training ground could generate in an instant. Just the reason why they are doing the training ground first. 

It will not only generate huge sums of cash it will also save us huge amounts of cash. 

So how does a training ground generate cash then?

On 24 May 2019 at 14:01, Stoopid said:

A few people have suggested that if/when the stadium expansion takes place it will be a good opportunity to honour Khun Vichai with a statue. 

I agree, but having seen this weeks' unveiling of the George Best bronze in Belfast I would suggest LCFC take their time to choose the artist.

Looks like a cross between Gordon McQueen and Roger Moore.

image.jpg

Certainly not his "best" work!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Certainly not his "best" work!

It's this image, and the sculptures of Ronaldo and Salah as well, why the club shouldn't get a statue of Vichai/Vardy etc commissioned..

On 24/05/2019 at 14:01, Stoopid said:

A few people have suggested that if/when the stadium expansion takes place it will be a good opportunity to honour Khun Vichai with a statue. 

I agree, but having seen this weeks' unveiling of the George Best bronze in Belfast I would suggest LCFC take their time to choose the artist.

Looks like a cross between Gordon McQueen and Roger Moore.

image.jpg

That is terrible - it looks like someone left John Toshack next to a heat source and he started to melt . In fairness all these sporting statues look shite IMHO

3 minutes ago, surrifox said:

That is terrible - it looks like someone left John Toshack next to a heat source and he started to melt . In fairness all these sporting statues look shite IMHO

It can be done right...

1200px-United_Trinity.jpg

Dixie Dean outside Goodison
jr280414dixiedean-2.jpg

Edited by StanSP
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

So how does a training ground generate cash then?

41 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Ok but he said in an instant, so I assume he had something else in mind.

So we could not get £60/70m if we sold Hamza Chilly and Barnes. 

Oh then the loan fees. 

4 hours ago, surrifox said:

This one - supposed to be Maradona.

Looks more like the singer out of Bucks Fizz or Dollar...

image.jpg

• Haha 3

Back to the numbers I was suggesting £30 nett per ticket after costs (and there are plenty of them to factor in) There will no doubt be some corporate and other income .20 boxes making £20k a year nett is only another £400k a year.Point being while we would love it and I could probably then get a season ticket instead of scratching around every home game its not a easy decision financially.Spurs and Arsenal made their long term decisions whilst very secure as top six clubs and could put off transfer activity .We are not quite at that point yet hopefully will be soon.

20 minutes ago, dyanmark said:

Back to the numbers I was suggesting £30 nett per ticket after costs (and there are plenty of them to factor in) There will no doubt be some corporate and other income .20 boxes making £20k a year nett is only another £400k a year.Point being while we would love it and I could probably then get a season ticket instead of scratching around every home game its not a easy decision financially.Spurs and Arsenal made their long term decisions whilst very secure as top six clubs and could put off transfer activity .We are not quite at that point yet hopefully will be soon.

I doubt they would spend £100m just for 5000 seats and 20 boxes. That price estimate includes the 6000 seated arena does it not, and I’d say more likely 7500+ seats.....

28 minutes ago, dyanmark said:

Financial justification is obviously not a deal busting reason otherwise they would not have announced their decision to extend, maybe cashflow, maybe Vichai's passing, maybe on reflection they thought they'ed wait until the training ground was completed or something else but they have obviously costed it and proved it's justifiable so all our calculations are pretty pointless although interesting. Their biggest concern seemed to be around affecting the atmosphere.

Surely the training ground would bring in other revenue, like CL teams looking for a training base before they play City or Chelsea (for example) 

Good Central position and near airports. 

If England gets to host another tournament (unlikely) teams would be all over getting our facilities and a ground expansion could get us to host group games. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Surely the training ground would bring in other revenue, like CL teams looking for a training base before they play City or Chelsea (for example) 

If England gets to host another tournament (unlikely) teams would be all over getting our facilities and a ground expansion could get us to host group games. 

Spot on else why would we have 30 bedrooms? 

I don't see many reasons the club would need our players to sleep over. 

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

Spot on else why would we have 30 bedrooms? 

I don't see many reasons the club would need our players to sleep over. 

If they intend to fly somewhere out of EMA then i can see every reason for the players to stay over 

in any case, the first team squad of players is around 20 so 30 to include management and coaches seems reasonable 

2 hours ago, Hollyfox said:

It’s first use may well be for the Euro’s next year if they manage to get it done on time there’s a number of games at Wembley

On 25/05/2019 at 20:40, Stoopid said:

This one - supposed to be Maradona.

Looks more like the singer out of Bucks Fizz or Dollar...

image.jpg

Looks like Wenger at first glance imo.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

On 26/05/2019 at 09:00, dyanmark said:

The only way to make it financially viable in my opinion would be to enhance the stadium to at least 42000. Boxes generate far more than £20,000 per season don’t forget they hold 10-15 fans and they supply a bar and food. 

If you use the suggested average ticket of £30 that is £300,000 a game plus the boxes which IMO would generate £400k PA. So over the season that’s £6.4m a season in potential added revenue 

I agree training ground first. I would then like a spurs style turn the ground and build a super stylish 50,000 stadium that would be the envy of the league. I can dream ?