Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BlueArmy123

Stadium Expansion

6 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Oh, ooops

This is the other part of it:

FA6D8061-F2AB-4F1F-84D3-08F18D462E24.thumb.jpeg.501a504f95055c0fcb7b76c8ecfd5503.jpeg

*apparently* the owners of the the EON building are willing to sell to us in December next year, so there’s probably already plans factoring that in. 

Edited by urban.spaceman
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, dyanmark said:

I am amazed they are relaying the pitch just really hard to understand that one when the pitch is in great condition-.but I'm certain it has absolutely nothing to do with a new stand -and it will take a good bit more than 9 months when it happens.

I think they relay it every year

50 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

FA6D8061-F2AB-4F1F-84D3-08F18D462E24.thumb.jpeg.501a504f95055c0fcb7b76c8ecfd5503.jpeg

*apparently* the owners of the the EON building are willing to sell to us in December next year, so there’s probably already plans factoring that in. 

That would be great ????

8 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Isn’t the power station opposite also up for sale around that time too or is my mind making that up?

9 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Is that the EON building marked on the plan currently on land outside of King Power ownership or the National Grid buildings at the back of the East Stand ??

4 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Is that the EON building marked on the plan currently on land outside of King Power ownership or the National Grid buildings at the back of the East Stand ??

The EON building is the one further up the road the other side of Car Park E. The current shed looking building down the back of the east stand isn't on those plans, presumably demolished. 

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The EON building is the one further up the road the other side of Car Park E. The current shed looking building down the back of the east stand isn't on those plans, presumably demolished. 

Do we know if King Power own that shed looking building ?? I recall that when the expansion plans were initially rumoured, new signs etc went up on those buildings in what appeared to be an attempt to make them look occupied and therefore achieve maximum sale value (like a ransom strip). Perhaps they were/are in use ?? This was my understanding of what the Dec 2020 agreement to purchase was and not the EON building just off Aylestone Road. Could be wrong, dunno :dunno:

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Also those plans make me laugh where is says "nature reserve". It's a hedgerow lads. lol 

It's where both Great Crested Pistaza Newts from Seagrave site were relocated, sacred ground now.

• 1 month later...
51 minutes ago, crisp packet said:

Just drove by the k.p 

Bore holes being dug in the away end corner at the minute, testing the ground. A few containers and site huts also on car park near eon. 

Quite a few flash jackets about...? 

Also saw this earlier this morning.......

Latest planning application 9/07/2019

http://rcweb.leicester.gov.uk/planning/onlinequery/ResultSet.aspx?AppNo=&Address=Raw Dykes Road&UPRN=&Wrd=&AppType=&DateRecFrm=&DateRecTo=&DateDecfrm=&DateDecTo=&Proposal=&DecisionType=

Site Ref(PPRN): AAA0202
Address: LAND BETWEEN EON AND NATIONAL GRID RAW DYKES ROAD LEICESTER LE2 7JU
Description: 2 YEAR CONTINUATION OF THE PLANNING PERMISSION FOR THE USE OF LAND AS A CAR PARK ON MATCH / EVENT DAYS DUE TO EXPIRE ON SEPTEMBER 2ND 2019, REFERENCE 20161205.
Application Type:

Operational development - full application

• Thanks 1

Drive past every day, they are now drilling/boring in the middle of car park E, the new stand would never be that big. All the plans leaked have no building going up on that plot. Hope the KP ain't sinking and something amazing is going on? :unsure:

A full capacity 40,000 would be magnificent. 

But the parking challenge would be upgraded to very difficult to nigh on impossible.

Fond memories of being able to park on the Aylestone Road under the railway bridge at 230pm on Saturday afternoons when my Dad took me in the early 1970s. 

On 11/07/2019 at 16:46, davieG said:

Latest planning application 9/07/2019

http://rcweb.leicester.gov.uk/planning/onlinequery/ResultSet.aspx?AppNo=&Address=Raw Dykes Road&UPRN=&Wrd=&AppType=&DateRecFrm=&DateRecTo=&DateDecfrm=&DateDecTo=&Proposal=&DecisionType=

Site Ref(PPRN): AAA0202
Address: LAND BETWEEN EON AND NATIONAL GRID RAW DYKES ROAD LEICESTER LE2 7JU
Description: 2 YEAR CONTINUATION OF THE PLANNING PERMISSION FOR THE USE OF LAND AS A CAR PARK ON MATCH / EVENT DAYS DUE TO EXPIRE ON SEPTEMBER 2ND 2019, REFERENCE 20161205.
Application Type:

Operational development - full application

No documents on that entry though it appears to be connected to this one: http://rcweb.leicester.gov.uk/planning/onlinequery/Details.aspx?AppNo=20161205

Which marks out the land around the Eon offices and the power station, and goes up to Aylestone road, which I believe is all owned by us now - the leaked plans suggested the Fan Zone would go up there. 

1 hour ago, WarehamFox said:

Drive past every day, they are now drilling/boring in the middle of car park E, the new stand would never be that big. All the plans leaked have no building going up on that plot. Hope the KP ain't sinking and something amazing is going on? :unsure:

58 minutes ago, Fox1970 said:

A full capacity 40,000 would be magnificent. 

But the parking challenge would be upgraded to very difficult to nigh on impossible.

Fond memories of being able to park on the Aylestone Road under the railway bridge at 230pm on Saturday afternoons when my Dad took me in the early 1970s. 

The leaked plans had hundreds more car parking spaces. 

Mostly for corporate "guests" I expect. :(

When I see the designated "OB Compound", am I the only one who, rather than thinking of Outside Broadcast, intially thought it referred to the Old Bill's special area?!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox1970 said:

Mostly for corporate "guests" I expect. :(

When I see the designated "OB Compound", am I the only one who, rather than thinking of Outside Broadcast, intially thought it referred to the Old Bill's special area?!

It’s the “Official Basterds Compound”. Where the remainders of the Baby Squad meet to chat about the complexities of modern life. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WarehamFox said:

They are testing the ground work/checking foundations.