Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BlueArmy123

Stadium Expansion

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Correction: we’d make even more from being in the Europa/Champions League....

In regards to the stadium expansion and which type of seating will be included the designs include a few hospitality areas 

5 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Seems to be taking too long, I dont know they cant do it whilst doing the training ground at same time.

Money, essentially. Better to postpone spending £100m on an expansion while you’re spending £100m on a training ground, which is the priority IMO. 

1 hour ago, fazzyfox said:

Maybe they're going to recycle the bricks, steel and door frames etc when they vacate and demolish Belvoir Drive. Makes sense to me, that's what I'd do anyway (can you guess that I'm not in the building trade).

They may be vacationing Belvoir Drive but there won’t be any demolition 

Looks like Welford Rd is set for some more development... https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/leicester-tigers-lri-plan-multi-2895507?fbclid=IwAR10yCow0ZhTnQ34-z_PzmZZoIUjOfFA1azoa7245DmR_O5rYqUTVjewNXQ

"We currently have an agreement with Leicester City Football Club for 250 spaces at the King Power Stadium dedicated for staff parking.

"Unfortunately, we may lose these spaces due to the redevelopment proposals for increased stadium capacity and investment in the surrounding site."

48 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Looks like Welford Rd is set for some more development... https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/leicester-tigers-lri-plan-multi-2895507?fbclid=IwAR10yCow0ZhTnQ34-z_PzmZZoIUjOfFA1azoa7245DmR_O5rYqUTVjewNXQ

"We currently have an agreement with Leicester City Football Club for 250 spaces at the King Power Stadium dedicated for staff parking.

"Unfortunately, we may lose these spaces due to the redevelopment proposals for increased stadium capacity and investment in the surrounding site."

1.26. Everyone’s just walking or jogging on the spot lol

• Like 1

I have no inside knowledge but I'd imagine things appear to have stalled/stopped due to the tragic events last year. Let's not forget that the now crash site was an intended site for one of buildings so I'd imagine this is being redesigned in some way. The expansion is hardly a pressing issue under the circumstances, so I'd imagine this will be done when the plans and the time is right. We know it'll be done with class whatever.

A few people have suggested that if/when the stadium expansion takes place it will be a good opportunity to honour Khun Vichai with a statue. 

I agree, but having seen this weeks' unveiling of the George Best bronze in Belfast I would suggest LCFC take their time to choose the artist.

Looks like a cross between Gordon McQueen and Roger Moore.

image.jpg

• Haha 3

Guest Markyblue
44 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

I have no inside knowledge but I'd imagine things appear to have stalled/stopped due to the tragic events last year. Let's not forget that the now crash site was an intended site for one of buildings so I'd imagine this is being redesigned in some way. The expansion is hardly a pressing issue under the circumstances, so I'd imagine this will be done when the plans and the time is right. We know it'll be done with class whatever.

The crash has changed the timeline but vichai wanted the expansion and top will deliver it with style im sure.

On 23/05/2019 at 12:41, FoxyPalace.com said:

King Power own the stadium not Leicester City.

Whats stopping KP spending the wonga ?

Thats a very good point. Leicester city shouldnt be taking a loan to upgrade a stadium owned by its parent company.

Also who will own the training complex when its complete, king power or the club?

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

On 23/05/2019 at 12:17, urban.spaceman said:

Money, essentially. Better to postpone spending £100m on an expansion while you’re spending £100m on a training ground, which is the priority IMO. 

The ground creates revenue, training ground doesnt.

37 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Completely agree; extra hospitality would be extremely lucrative especially if we progress in Europe. But the stadium comes with its fair amount of risk - just look at the delays and spiralling costs to White Hart Lane and how it’s affected Spurs transfer dealings - had they strengthened last summer they could actually have been in a title race (shivers). I know we’re only expanding one stand like Liverpool did but it’s still a massive job and they need to get it right. 

Do the numbers say 5000 extra seats at £30 nett per game x 20 games is around £3 million a season .

£100 million build cost plus interest gives at least 40  years to cover the cost.May be some more revenue streams in there but the maths are not great

It would be great to see it but a big decision.

8 minutes ago, dyanmark said:

Do the numbers say 5000 extra seats at £30 nett per game x 20 games is around £3 million a season .

£100 million build cost plus interest gives at least 40  years to cover the cost.May be some more revenue streams in there but the maths are not great

A couple of years ago i was in the car park and got talking to a guy who was standing next to bentley 4 x 4 which had took my eye.  Nice car...not mine i'm just the driver...oh right, who for...some chinese people who are investing in a new stand... Now make of that what you will, but i suspect that's how the new stand will be funded. 

1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

Kinda disagree. Looking at those Liverpool figures for increases in revenue attributable to increased stadium size. £12m per year. Ours won’t be as appealing / sizeable, I suspect. A top training ground attracting top talent,  from home and abroad, could add significantly more to the bottom line.  

1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

You may want to re think that. I can think of £60/70m our training ground could generate in an instant. Just the reason why they are doing the training ground first. 

It will not only generate huge sums of cash it will also save us huge amounts of cash. 

1 hour ago, dyanmark said:

The bulk of stadia income is not from ticket sales. It's from hospitality and corporate sales.

It's as much an investment of showing we're advancing a club than simply being financial, as well though.

1 hour ago, dyanmark said:

Not forgetting £20k per box per season plus extra entertaining suites.

3 hours ago, dyanmark said:

I doubt those 5000 extra seats will be sold at £30 . £100 hospitality tickets is where the club will be heading.