Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BlueArmy123

Stadium Expansion

5 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Hopefully there won't be any protestors complaining against the future plans.

Nothing new that hasn’t been posted on here in the past but I was speaking to someone I know who works down there a couple of weeks ago and he said there’s a lot of work going on in the background, feasibility studies and planning issues etc so that when they put the application in any issues that may arise have already been dealt with. Once the training ground is completed all focus will be on this. Regarding capacity, when I suggested would if it be the 10000 in the east stand that was originally catered for when the ground was built he wasn’t sure but seemed to think it could be more. 

• Like 3

Personally hope we gently expand all 3 apart from the main stand rather than just one like Cardiff's or the two like Sunderland's.

So basically go for the Juve look with the family, East and Kop...leaving the main stand untouched.

Image result for juventus stadium

• Like 1

On 20/07/2019 at 13:20, Muzzy_no7 said:

Personally hope we gently expand all 3 apart from the main stand rather than just one like Cardiff's or the two like Sunderland's.

So basically go for the Juve look with the family, East and Kop...leaving the main stand untouched.

That would be outstanding, completely doable with the existing structure as well. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

That would be outstanding, completely doable with the existing structure as well. 

Wouldn't it just. Really hope its something special like this as opposed to an Ikea-style expansion on the East or a carbon copy of Sunderlands.

On 20/07/2019 at 13:20, Muzzy_no7 said:

That would be good, but I think the north stand might be a bit too close to the road to expand it. Maybe not.

I'd love to see what the maximum possible expansion of the KP would look like. Might have to fire up Photoshop soon.

Realistically, I think it will probably just be the east stand first (up to around 40k). Maybe the kop further down the line (up to about 44k), and then the southeast corner filled in after that (to around 46k).

If we could expand the north stand, as well, I guess the max. possible capacity would be around the 52k mark.

Edit: expanding 2 stands can look amazing. St. James's Park, for example.

Edited by Raw Dykes

Guest Markyblue

Really cant see any other reason than checking the land for the type of foundations that would be required on the expansion. Although would have thought they had that information from the original build.

35 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

They're most probably collecting soil samples for geotechnical analysis, basically the first thing before design of foundations etc. 

Absolutely this. Makes sense as well collecting that information for the entire site, as it's already a considerable amount of money for them to do it on a single side of the stadium. 

2 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Really cant see any other reason than checking the land for the type of foundations that would be required on the expansion. Although would have thought they had that information from the original build.

Land moves as does the water table. They might need to go deeper than the original build as well - larger capacity load.