Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BlueArmy123

Stadium Expansion

I was told from someone who knows someone at the club (take it as a pinch of salt) that it will add 10k seats, will take around 9 months and will be done similar to Liverpool’s so the stadium isn’t affected during the works.

The same source told me that they will move the tunnel to the East Stand and that where the tunnel/changing rooms are currently, it will become a museum.

As I say, thought I’d pass on the rumour, even if not credible.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, wattolcfc said:

I was told from someone who knows someone at the club (take it as a pinch of salt) that it will add 10k seats, will take around 9 months and will be done similar to Liverpool’s so the stadium isn’t affected during the works.

The same source told me that they will move the tunnel to the East Stand and that where the tunnel/changing rooms are currently, it will become a museum.

I had heard of the tunnel swap too, a family member who works at the club said it was what they had heard.

21 minutes ago, wattolcfc said:

The tunnel move makes sense as once we’ve built the stand it will be the part that we would want the cameras pointing to on match day.

would love to hear if we are still looking to go the whole Hogg with the whole stadium getting a new look, like some of those teaser images we saw last year.

Does anyone know where the king power duty free situation stands in Thailand?

35 minutes ago, holyfox said:

The tunnel move makes sense as once we’ve built the stand it will be the part that we would want the cameras pointing to on match day.

would love to hear if we are still looking to go the whole Hogg with the whole stadium getting a new look, like some of those teaser images we saw last year.

Does anyone know where the king power duty free situation stands in Thailand?

They find out on Friday if they’ve got the concession from 2020 at the biggest airport. Up against two other bidders. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, wattolcfc said:

That would mean they are not just adding another tier  but that would the east stand would have changing rooms and executive facilities for players/staff etc . But that would make sense as the hotel will be that side /

2 hours ago, wattolcfc said:

I've heard the latter too. 

That's alot of work though and that side of the stadium will become the new face of the ground rather than the glass front on the west stand.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

If the tunnel is being swapped, does that mean we can go back to the days where managers bring out players to show the stadium walking backwards so they see the nice, shiny brand new stand first instead of the smaller one opposite it :D?!

? 

O’Neill started that after Ben Thatcher called the east stand a bike shed and then signed for Wimbledon.

I assume this 100 million cost includes the hotel etc? as it seems very high considering the entire stadium was built for 30 million yet an added tier on one stand costs 3x that.  Thats some serious inflation in the construction industry.

Edited by Chrysalis

7 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I assume this 100 million cost includes the hotel etc? as it seems very high considering the entire stadium was built for 30 million yet an added tier on one stand costs 3x that.  Thats some serious inflation in the construction industry.

While I haven't heard anything else on what's do be done, I can only assume it includes the whole of the grounds appearance being updated too, but that's just an assumption.

10 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

It wont be just another tier it'll most likely be the new 'front' of the stadium with boxes, and entertainment suites and by the sounds of it new changing rooms and all that that entails.

58 minutes ago, davieG said:

It wont be just another tier it'll most likely be the new 'front' of the stadium with boxes, and entertainment suites and by the sounds of it new changing rooms and all that that entails.

As long as the Foxes Talk brick is still there i'll be happy.;)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Don’t worry, it should take about 10 days pal. Be ready for pre season I reckon.

It’s already done you know how secretive they are with this stuff. I’ve heard they are going to unveil it bit by bit with the whole extension, hotel etc all completely shown by the first home game of the season.

33 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

As long as the Foxes Talk brick is still there i'll be happy.;)

I appreciate that's it's a small issue in the grand scheme of things but the bricks are an important part of the history of the stadium. A snapshot in time and many of those are the names of the deceased.

If they have to be moved they should be retained on view somewhere. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I appreciate that's it's a small issue in the grand scheme of things but the bricks are an important part of the history of the stadium. A snapshot in time and many of those are the names of the deceased.

If they have to be moved they should be retained on view somewhere. 

I think that most of the bricks are on the south stand,but the foxtalk one is on the East.With a nice thing for our 125 years.Be nice to see it built into the new stand and i have every expectation that it will......if the owners know about it that is!Got a bit of a vested interest in this as my dad  has a brick there as well and he's not so good at the moment,but going back through the info sent it was only gauranteed to be there for 5 years.But as i say i trust the owners will incorporate into the new stand.

Edited by PAULCFC
  • Like 1

I am amazed they are relaying the pitch just really hard to understand that one when the pitch is in great condition-.but I'm certain it has absolutely nothing to do with a new stand -and it will take a good bit more than 9 months when it happens.

I heard the team tunnel will be scrapped altogether and what will happen in future is the two semi-circles of the centre circle will slide apart as the team is raised on a platform through the centre circle whilst the Thunderbirds theme music plays.