Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BlueArmy123

Stadium Expansion

Had heard that there are potential concerns between the council and the city traffic management team regarding possible extra traffic issues with increased capacity - which doesn't sound like a big issue in the grand scheme of things.

Edited by Wymeswold fox
Sound
  • Like 1

Just now, Wymeswold fox said:

Had heard that there are potential concerns between the council and the city traffic management team regarding possible extra traffic issues with increased capacity - which doesn't like like a big issue in the grand scheme of things.

More bike and bus lanes will solve the problem.........

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Wonder if we might get some sort of announcement in the last match programme ?? 

Wasn't that were it was officially announced a couple of years ago ??

I doubt it - personally I get the feeling we are still some way off detailed plans being announced (I’m not claiming to be ITK, that’s just my impression). 

Conducting a stadium expansion at the same time as a new training ground always struck me as rather ambitious tbh. 

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Shame there's a lack of parking facilities around the train station area, considering now there's plenty of roadworks at the location to be more cyclist-friendly..

A lack? There's an NCP car park across the road, another round the corner on Campbell St and one a minutes drive away on Rutland Street mate 

• Like 1

no idea when announcements will be made but I think the intention is ready for 2022/23 (or was it 21/22 .....) - someone will know 

increase to 40k 

have no other details - I’m sure others will and  perhaps they can share ......

Edited by st albans fox

On 15/05/2019 at 15:15, urban.spaceman said:

Molinuex is already great, one of my favourite away grounds.

Last time they started building it they went straight through the divisions. Not gonna happen this time, of course, but it always amazes me how people seem to think a bigger ground will automatically attract better players. Gold and Sullivan said it about West Ham. I imagine if big clubs come for the likes of Neves or Jimenez they ain't gonna stay in Wolverhampton.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Sorry, my OCD just insists on that being Wolverhampton Womblers ?‍♂️

lol I considered that, but went with mine for two reasons - a. The syllable count remains the same, and b. The animal name is swapped, rather than added to.

I prefer mine, but you do you. :thumbup:

• Haha 1

Move to protect King Power Stadium future for Leicester City approved

Stadium status is secured for five more years

The King Power Stadium has been reaffirmed as an Asset of Community Value to protect its long-term status after an application from the Foxes Trust.

The Trust submitted an application to protect the stadium’s future with Leicester CityCouncil at the end of last year following the expiration of the previous listing, which has been approved.

The listing means the chances of the club moving to another location without prior notice to the Council and community is reduced, although Trust chairman Ian Bason has stressed there is no suggestion the club’s owners, King Power, have any such plans.

It also protects the use of the stadium as the venue for Leicester City FC for current and future generations and ensures it continues as a site for delivering social benefit and community value, through the continued hosting of Leicester City matches and the associated community activities the club undertakes.

“The fear of any football fan is that the club they have supported all their life is suddenly moved to another location,” said Bason.

“Such decisions give scant regard to how they affect the lifeblood of the club - its fans.

“We would like to make it very clear that our application would have been submitted regardless of who the current owners of the stadium were.

“We have no reason to believe that King Power has plans to sell the stadium or club, however one day that time may come.

“Having experienced a change of club ownership twice since the Trust was part of the consortium which owned the club, we believe listing the stadium not only protects the stadium, but also opens up a pathway to dialogue with any new potential owners of the club and stadium, so we can seek assurances on their plans.

Bit disappointed the club haven't given us any updates or even a basic indication of the current situation.

Probably a good reason for this due to confidential commercial considerations and/or the turmoil caused by last Octobers tragedy.

However, would be nice to have a bit of a clue as to what's going on though (even if nothing).

51 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Bit disappointed the club haven't given us any updates or even a basic indication of the current situation.

Probably a good reason for this due to confidential commercial considerations and/or the turmoil caused by last Octobers tragedy.

However, would be nice to have a bit of a clue as to what's going on though (even if nothing).

ANNOUNCE NOTHING