Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BlueArmy123

Stadium Expansion

Guest Markyblue
10 hours ago, sylofox said:

Easy I can't think of a worse scenario. A mid to bottom half championship side invest in a bigger ground than ours. 

Yeah let a nothing side make us look small. But  we want to be considered with arse n pool lol lol lol

Their stadium is NOT going to be larger than ours.i think now the mourning period is up and what would have been vichais birthday coming up i think we will start to hear more about the ground.  In top i trust.

10 hours ago, sylofox said:

Easy I can't think of a worse scenario. A mid to bottom half championship side invest in a bigger ground than ours. 

Yeah let a nothing side make us look small. But  we want to be considered with arse n pool lol lol lol

Yh **** it, i want to make it at least 10k bigger than them. I want a swimming pool and de lux golf course too. And a pukka pie stall. 

Thanks.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Yh **** it, i want to make it at least 10k bigger than them. I want a swimming pool and de lux golf course too. And a pukka pie stall. 

Thanks.

So you want the club to be judged the biggest in the world because it has more golf courses than anyone else lol lol lol

4 minutes ago, sylofox said:

So you want the club to be judged the biggest in the world because it has more golf courses than anyone else lol lol lol

Just East Midlands for now. But the world would be nice eventually. 

Also in the plans - i want to see a small cell where we can lock bernie up when hes had too much. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Thanks.

Just balti pies, and they never run out. I want it written into the club's charter

• Thanks 3

On 24/03/2019 at 17:05, Vlad the Fox said:

No. Unless they build a rollercoaster around it. The ****ers. 

On 25/03/2019 at 02:53, Cardiff_Fox said:

On a serious note, Bernie’s in care and doesn’t go the footy any more

:cry:

On 25/03/2019 at 03:43, Bristol fox .... said:

I saw him being pushed around the ground in a wheel chair at the fulham game

:)

phew my very own roller coaster. :)lol 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just watching the Spurs game and had me wondering. How much disruption do you reckon this would cause us?

From the murmurings, it seems like there is going to be a significant overhaul, which I doubt can be done over a summer, whenever we decide to do it.

I imagine Welford Road could be a temporary venue. Potentially the Ricoh (which would be a p***take) lol

Edited by TK95

38 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Just watching the Spurs game and had me wondering. How much disruption do you reckon this would cause us?

From the murmurings, it seems like there is going to be a significant overhaul, which I doubt can be done over a summer, whenever we decide to do it.

I imagine Welford Road could be a temporary venue. Potentially the Ricoh (which would be a p***take) lol

Liverpool and Cardiff extended their largest stands with little fuss, other than a couple of early fixtures played away. 

At anfield they built around it and made temporary turnstiles. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TK95 said:

Shouldn’t be necessary to move out as it’s just an expansion of one stand (though with possible works to the north and south ends) - as Cardiff Fox points out they built the new stand almost immediately behind the old one, leaving access during the season, then in the summer the knocked the old one down. They asked the FA to postpone home fixtures until late September so they could have a grand opening. 

Financially it shouldn't be as much as a **** up like Spurs or Arsenal either, as we're only upgrading a bit at a time AND within our means. And according to this article it’s been the right choice for Liverpool: https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-anfield-expansion-transformed-liverpool-16072718

59 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I've not heard any murmurings from the club for over a year. 

Is it still happening ??

Khun Top mentioned it a few times recently, as has Brendan, but mainly saying “proposed expansion”. I’d imagine it’s still happening but personally I’m happy for us to take our time with it.

From what I can gather, having seen that leaked mock-up, we're planning much more than just a one stand expansion and according to rumours on here, the National Grid have agreed to sell us their land but only in 2020. If that’s the case then personally I’m happy to wait as the money should be going to the training ground and improving the team first. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1