Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BlueArmy123

Stadium Expansion

27 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

Even a poverty club like Sunderland have a bigger stadium than us, that’s quite simply a disgrace. Of course we’ll fit. We should be aiming for 50,000 seater sell outs every week. 

Get it built Top. 

Not many people realise is that Leicester is fair size bigger than Sunderland population wise, also we’re a one club city/county.

1 hour ago, Master Fox said:

Even a poverty club like Sunderland have a bigger stadium than us, that’s quite simply a disgrace. Of course we’ll fit. We should be aiming for 50,000 seater sell outs every week. 

Get it built Top. 

:appl:

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Stadt said:

We’re a bit weird in the sense that our support doesn’t really come from the city as (in my experience) most of our fans are from the county.

When I were a lad (and I'm only talking about the 1970's) it was the other way around. Most of the county dwellers were rugger buggers down at Welford Road.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Stadt said:

We’re a bit weird in the sense that our support doesn’t really come from the city as (in my experience) most of our fans are from the county.

I know. Maybe we should take ‘City’ out of our name. How’s about Leicester Fosse instead? ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Stadt said:

We have a very large Asian demographic and most of that demographic didn't follow or go to the football traditionally, as the generations come through within that community I think that changes, so attendances are bound to keep increasing if we remain to attractive as an activity, however what isn't attractive is when you can't get a ticket, and if you can't get a ticket you're never going to go are you?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

We have a very large Asian demographic and most of that demographic didn't follow or go to the football traditionally, as the generations come through within that community I think that changes, so attendances are bound to keep increasing if we remain to attractive as an activity, however what isn't attractive is when you can't get a ticket, and if you can't get a ticket you're never going to go are you?

42 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

When I were a lad (and I'm only talking about the 1970's) it was the other way around. Most of the county dwellers were rugger buggers down at Welford Road.

Both are very true. What is also true is that today you are most likely to hear a Leicester accent in areas on the edge of the city, like Enderby / Narborough / Whetstone / Blaby / Wigston which do not have such a large Asian demographic as large parts of the city. I would guess this is where a lot of City's core support lies.

But recent success means that City's support now extends well outside the city and increasingly outside the county. Without this new support City could have ended up a permanent resident of  the lower divisions with an ever-shrinking fan base and top-flight football just a memory shared by old gits like myself. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Being out of the prem for 10 years we probably lost a large chunk of a generation to sky TV and the top 6. 

Remain in the prem and young children are more likely to start following us and attendances will grow. 

Being out of the prem for 10 years can really hurt you in terms of converting local youngsters. 

To a point yes but here in Sheffield they do not suffer this. As a child you are either Wednesday or United that is it.

You never see a top 4 pre shirt on kids here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Being out of the prem for 10 years we probably lost a large chunk of a generation to sky TV and the top 6. 

Remain in the prem and young children are more likely to start following us and attendances will grow

Being out of the prem for 10 years can really hurt you in terms of converting local youngsters. 

Attendances can't grow because the stadium isn't big enough.

We should have a thread about expanding the stadium.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, dayday said:

Not many people realise is that Leicester is fair size bigger than Sunderland population wise, also we’re a one club city/county.

Surely Sunderland’s ground holds more than 50000.They say their attendances are 40000 yet all I can ever see is rows and rows of empty seats ?

The one club City thing is a bit of a myth because we have the Tigers.Different sport I know but still competition.Same with Leeds who have got the Rhinos.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, splinterdream said:

I actually rang the Fletch and Birtles show on Century fm 18 ish years ago to make this exact point ? We would never ever regularly sell out 30000 we were told.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

Surely Sunderland’s ground holds more than 50000.They say their attendances are 40000 yet all I can ever see is rows and rows of empty seats ?

The one club City thing is a bit of a myth because we have the Tigers.Different sport I know but still competition.Same with Leeds who have got the Rhinos.

It's not a myth otherwise you could use anything...  like Fosse Park as a shopping club that steals fans! 

• Haha 1

As long as we stay in the prem we'll have no bother filling 40k+ and it's about a 95% chance of us seeing five consecutive premier league seasons now I'd say so now is the time to expand. 

I estimate we've gathered about 10 to 15k of plastics that will show up as long as they get to see Aguero and Pogba that would leave in a flash if things start changing for the worse. That would be the same for all clubs though but still... Shame on the plastics. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Remain in the prem and young children are more likely to start following us and attendances will grow. 

My kids' school is almost exclusively Leicester City on sports day -- 10 years ago? Not so much (so I'm told).

I am constantly told by parents that they are "surprised" I got tickets to the game, because they thought it was nearly impossible. They also are unaware how inexpensive it can be, especially in the family stand. 

There won't be a problem filling 40,000+ because there are a bunch of people who right now don't even try to get tickets because it was impossible 3 years ago.

• Like 4

Guest Markyblue

As i stated earlier project on going,  tanner in the mercury says plans still being  drawn up but new training ground is priority. 

Edited by Markyblue

59 minutes ago, Collymore said:

As long as we stay in the prem we'll have no bother filling 40k+ and it's about a 95% chance of us seeing five consecutive premier league seasons now I'd say so now is the time to expand. 

I estimate we've gathered about 10 to 15k of plastics that will show up as long as they get to see Aguero and Pogba that would leave in a flash if things start changing for the worse. That would be the same for all clubs though but still... Shame on the plastics. 

This is why we tie them into 3 or more years on season tickets. 

There is massive potential for us to fill 50 plus thousand every week. 

Especially if Coventry go under(I'd hate to see if but it could very well happen).

40 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

As i stated earlier project on going,  tanner in the mercury says plans still being  drawn up but new training ground is priority. 

How long does it take to draw plans up ?? The original announcement was over two years ago (3 if you include Top's on Vickie Park). Seems the shift towards Seagrave wasn't on the agenda at the time and that's changed everything.... which is fair enough but just give us an indication that is the strategy. I tend to believe that very little, if anything, is happening as any proposals will need to be done alongside the council and if that were the case it would've leaked by now.

Wolves (and even the Snotties) manage to let their fans know of the clubs stadium expansion intentions but we are always kept in the dark.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

How long does it take to draw plans up ?? The original announcement was over two years ago (3 if you include Top's on Vickie Park). Seems the shift towards Seagrave wasn't on the agenda at the time and that's changed everything.... which is fair enough but just give us an indication that is the strategy. I tend to believe that very little, if anything, is happening as any proposals will need to be done alongside the council and if that were the case it would've leaked by now.

Wolves (and even the Snotties) manage to let their fans know of the clubs stadium expansion intentions but we are always kept in the dark.

#lcfc Together we are one

Guest Markyblue
24 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Got to say as much as i love our owners it seems that we are very much kept in the dark about the general plans for the future of the club. Even these meetings with the selected fans seem to have everyone sworn to secrecy,  quite bizarre really.