Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BlueArmy123

Stadium Expansion

Guest Markyblue

They don't sell out now. They have been out of the premier league for the best part of 20 years i think.  Not going up this year so basically why.

13 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

Won’t believe this until the first batch of concrete gets poured.To be fair that place needs a massive revamp.Havernt been since 2003 and the Brian Clough stand was starting to look dated even back then.

The main stand is the out dated stand.

12 minutes ago, tylesta said:

The main stand is the out dated stand.

The whole club is outdated. 

Though on the other hand, it is nice to see them finally showing a bit of ambition, which is something we’ve been mocked for especially in the last week. They should focus on getting promoted and established first. 

• 2 weeks later...

Came across an article about Crystal Palace pressing ahead with their stadium redevelopment so I thought I’d ha e a look and found this.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/news/croydon-news/selhurst-park-redevelopment-starting-as-2243888.amp

Apparently £75-100million, I wonder what our budget is likely to be?

looks impressive considering the dump it is now and that it’s on the same site as far as I know.

cant wait till our plans are revealed!

49246448-A981-4031-81E0-CC37730370B7.jpeg

AA6B35F8-ABC9-4CD6-ABF7-950F1B8819C0.jpeg

1 hour ago, holyfox said:

Came across an article about Crystal Palace pressing ahead with their stadium redevelopment so I thought I’d ha e a look and found this.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/news/croydon-news/selhurst-park-redevelopment-starting-as-2243888.amp

looks impressive considering the dump it is now and that it’s on the same site as far as I know.

Do they plan to go round the whole ground at some point? Looks good in the top pic but in the context of the old ones it sticks out somewhat. Also, spending that amount of money rather than on improving their team doesn’t seem wise considering how often they find themselves struggling.

As for us, I imagine our budget would be around £100m considering the planned arena, hotel and fan zone etc. The training ground should be our absolute priority though in my opinion.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Do they plan to go round the whole ground at some point? Looks good in the top pic but in the context of the old ones it sticks out somewhat. Also, spending that amount of money rather than on improving their team doesn’t seem wise considering how often they find themselves struggling.

As for us, I imagine our budget would be around £100m considering the planned arena, hotel and fan zone etc. The training ground should be our absolute priority though in my opinion.

we aren’t much better than they are ....... infact, you could argue we’re slightly more consistent and they’re better than us ...... take vardy out of our team and we are pretty much palace .......

• Like 1

On 28/02/2019 at 21:18, fazzyfox said:

I'd like to think that the increase in seats will change the culture of going to games in the sense that with more general sale tickets you can more easily organise mates and family to come along and the whole thing will feel more flexible. However as a member I'd have to wait until general sale before buying my own seat if I want to sit with the friends (but still be a member to help get tickets alone for other games incl more popular ones).

I presume the pricing will reflect the fact that the (new) seats are an extension of existing blocks so they won't be the cheapest unless the view is deemed to be inferior which is unlikely. 

I presume they'll consider increasing the number of season tickets in the same ratio as present, whether members who would previously take them would feel it still neccesary is debatable. Similarly the amount of members succesful in securing tickets vs top 6 sides will increase.

Televised Monday night games vs Huddersfield equivalents may not sell out but with our catchment, our intended growth as a club and all round improvement in facilities and the ability for friends and family to be confident there will be plentiful choice of general sale tickets not the odd dregs of restricted view then you'll see a change of habit and approach to buying tickets, groups of workmates can decide to go in the last few days before the match rather than plan seven weeks ahead. I know that opens the "plastics" debate but we're talking about having seats to fill, so long as the system still rewards loyalty when it comes to the big matches then hopefully there will be room for everyone and if the "product" remains attractive people will come. And then there's the coach loads of drunken Belgian day trippers!

Completely agree. A change of culture compared to the last 5 years - prior to getting promoted this was basically how it was for the 10 years out of the top flight. I used to love going down last minute with either the Mrs or some friends, getting some tickets at the ticket window round the back of the ground and going for a 'lucky dip' with the stand/block/seats lol 

Obviously I prefer it now we're at full capacity for games, we've got great support. But the selfish me does miss that option again of going down last minute.

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue
24 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Just me that likes seeing football grounds which are a complete mish-mash of styles and stands of varying ages and heights?

Filbert street you mean.

29 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Just me that likes seeing football grounds which are a complete mish-mash of styles and stands of varying ages and heights?

Evolved mish-mash = :yesyes:

Planned mish-mash = :nono: Sadly this is what many modern architects think is cool, trendy attractive etc but in reality it's just a mish-mash.

8 hours ago, holyfox said:

Seems a bit af a waste of money to me. They can't do anything with the rest of the ground. Surely another site would be more beneficial in the long run. 

3 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

No, I love the "mish mash" of old grounds. The identi-kit stadiums like ours have little style or character really. 

When I was younger I used to draw stadiums and would draw them over time. I'd start off with a plot of land around the "pitch" and start with a basic stand, and then try and maximise the odd spaces over several rounds of expansion. Like the old Dell for example with it's off shaped terraces. Filbert Street was great in this regard and the first ever football ground I went to - Keniilworth Road was (and still is) a complete shit hole but it had an immediate charm on my young self (my uncle is a Luton fan and took me to my first games - might have actually become a Luton fan I guess - close one!)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Nope! Love those unique stadiums. Old Trafford, Anfield now, St James Park to name a few. Great stadiums from an architectural point of view. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/03/2019 at 06:50, st albans fox said:

we aren’t much better than they are ....... infact, you could argue we’re slightly more consistent and they’re better than us ...... take vardy out of our team and we are pretty much palace .......

Take Zaha out of theirs and they are a Championship team.

• Like 1