Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Summer Targets

8 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

Attacking midfield definitely sounds like he means a no.8 rather than a winger. I suppose if Ayoze and Ricardo play like they did last night across the season, there'll be no need for a wide player, although I'd then say that leaves us short for options off the bench up top - we'd still be bringing on Gray, Albrighton and Iheanacho to try and change games.

I wonder if it might, therefore, be someone that can play both no.8 and out wide, the obvious candidate being Hakim Ziyech. Then we have good cover for Maddison, but they can also come on when Barnes or Ayoze are ineffective. Rafinha from Barcelona? 

I highly, highly doubt Ziyech is going to come to us to play off the bench. He's better than Maddison. If we're signing anyone it will be some backup like Praet or Amiri.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I highly, highly doubt Ziyech is going to come to us to play off the bench. He's better than Maddison. If we're signing anyone it will be some backup like Praet or Amiri.

But he wouldn't come and play off the bench, he'd be a start. I think if we are going to get another out of this world attacking midfielder it'll be someone with the skill set that can play out wide or in a midfield 3 such as Ziyech or Brais Mendez. If one of those signed you could see the following sort of system

Schmeichel

Ricardo

Evans

Maguire

Chilwell

Ziyech/Mendez

Ndidi

Tielemans

Perez

Vardy

Maddison

Ziyech and Maddison may swap in terms of who plays higher up the pitch. I can see Rodgers wanting versatile creative midfielders which is what a lot of the elite sides do. They all play 4-3-3 but not many of their midfielders are traditional wingers anymore, they are gifted attacking midfielders with close control and skill that operate anywhere across the attacking areas but can also drop deep and dictate play.

53 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

But he wouldn't come and play off the bench, he'd be a start. I think if we are going to get another out of this world attacking midfielder it'll be someone with the skill set that can play out wide or in a midfield 3 such as Ziyech or Brais Mendez. If one of those signed you could see the following sort of system

Schmeichel

Ricardo

Evans

Maguire

Chilwell

Ziyech/Mendez

Ndidi

Tielemans

Perez

Vardy

Maddison

Ziyech and Maddison may swap in terms of who plays higher up the pitch. I can see Rodgers wanting versatile creative midfielders which is what a lot of the elite sides do. They all play 4-3-3 but not many of their midfielders are traditional wingers anymore, they are gifted attacking midfielders with close control and skill that operate anywhere across the attacking areas but can also drop deep and dictate play.

I'd rather play Ziyech ahead of Maddison in that scenario, but I take your point.

3 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Makes sense seemed to be doing a bit up until January. 

Celta Vigo were such a strange team last season, likewise Villareal. Both have some amazing young talent in their sides and yet both looked destined to go down for a large part of the season.

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Celta Vigo were such a strange team last season, likewise Villareal. Both have some amazing young talent in their sides and yet both looked destined to go down for a large part of the season.

I find La Liga is very much like this even both the Madrid sides at times have looked like that. I think it’s fair to say in La Liga there is huge inconsistency in performances.

• Like 1

Feel like they want someone who can play multiple positions like Pérez. Someone who could play out wide but also as an 8. Can also fit different roles in different systems to allow a lot of flexibility which I think Rodgers really likes. 

• Like 2

I reckon Hakan Calhanoglu might be an option. Signed by Hamburg when Congerton was technical director; we sent a scout to Milan in May to watch their game against Frosinone, supposedly for him. They've set the asking price at €20m (about £18m) according to Italian press this morning.

25 so a similar age to the likes of McGregor and Praet that have been linked. Played 22 games on the left wing, 14 in central midfield last season, 3 goals and 6 assists. 

12 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

I reckon Hakan Calhanoglu might be an option. Signed by Hamburg when Congerton was technical director; we sent a scout to Milan in May to watch their game against Frosinone, supposedly for him. They've set the asking price at €20m (about £18m) according to Italian press this morning.

25 so a similar age to the likes of McGregor and Praet that have been linked. Played 22 games on the left wing, 14 in central midfield last season, 3 goals and 6 assists. 

Nooooooo please no. Believe me, we really don't want him. And he'd cost a ton.

45 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Dani olmo/ferran torres and sanson for me to finish the window unless we go for another cb. Gives us loads of options and with Perez and barnes, another clever player on the wing would be brilliant to drift inside looking for goals while our full backs bomb on. 

Olmo would be a sensational signing, one of those players like Mendez or Ziyech that can play out wide, number 10, 8 or in a midfield 3 either deeper or supporting the main striker.

We have been linked before.

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Olmo would be a sensational signing, one of those players like Mendez or Ziyech that can play out wide, number 10, 8 or in a midfield 3 either deeper or supporting the main striker.

We have been linked before.

Yeah he would be unreal. Probably like a lot of people, I really thought we would need a player like sarr or chukwesze who can beat men for fun, but actually under rodgers, players that keep the ball and drift into scoring positions would probably work a lot better. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Dani olmo/ferran torres and sanson for me to finish the window unless we go for another cb. Gives us loads of options and with Perez and barnes, another clever player on the wing would be brilliant to drift inside looking for goals while our full backs bomb on. 

FWIW Olmo's agent said recently that he would only consider moving to a team that's in the Champions League next season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

FWIW Olmo's agent said recently that he would only consider moving to a team that's in the Champions League next season.

Well that was short lived! lol ferran torres? Think he would be good as he is essentially the next on the line of good Spanish prospects.  

Edited by North Leeds Fox
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Well that was short lived! lol ferran torres? Think he would be good as he is essentially the next on the line of good Spanish prospects.  

Brais Mendez has a £22m release clause.

• Like 1