Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Summer Targets

1 hour ago, foxpleasure said:

I would have if he hadn't gone into a first class carriage whilst I'm about eight carriages back with the rest of the unwashed.

To be fair the difference between first and standard class on a train is on a par with Driving a Clapped out Clio Vs Driving a Clapped out Clio with a tree air freshener in it.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, foxpleasure said:

I would have if he hadn't gone into a first class carriage whilst I'm about eight carriages back with the rest of the unwashed.

Can you upgrade and crowd-fund it on FT? I'm sure we'd all be happy to oblige.:D

3 hours ago, deep blue said:

Can you upgrade and crowd-fund it on FT? I'm sure we'd all be happy to oblige.:D

I wanted to follow him and see where he went but for some reason my daughter thought it might not be the best way to spend our day in London. Kids..  such plastics!

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, foxpleasure said:

I wanted to follow him and see where he went but for some reason my daughter thought it might not be the best way to spend our day in London. Kids..  such plastics!

Probably lawyers to do with the loan facility.

Don't know where to put this but I stumbled across this guy on YouTube earlier, quite a tidy little player. Can't believe he's not playing in Europe. Maybe a little lightweight and slow for the top leagues but really skilful, passing and free kicks are quite impressive (I know, I know YouTube vid like a film trailer what shows you only the best bits....) 27yo Attacking Mid. Flair galore (although he does like a flick or two) 

No I'm not his agent, 

Music gets on your nerves though! 

2 minutes ago, SeCrEt FoX said:

Don't know where to put this but I stumbled across this guy on YouTube earlier, quite a tidy little player. Can't believe he's not playing in Europe. Maybe a little lightweight and slow for the top leagues but really skilful, passing and free kicks are quite impressive (I know, I know YouTube vid like a film trailer what shows you only the best bits....) 27yo Attacking Mid. Flair galore (although he does like a flick or two) 

No I'm not his agent, 

Music gets on your nerves though! 

Possibly the best player in Asia. Feels like if he'd moved 4 or 5 years ago he could have made a real name for himself. Not worth the risk now though. 

Edited by Nicolo Barella

Just now, Nicolo Barella said:

Possibly the best player in Asia. Feels like I'd he'd moved 4 or 5 years ago he could have made a real name for himself. Not worth the risk now though. 

Maybe, but 27? Should be in his prime? He probably be happy to sit on a bench in the top leagues to come on to spice a game up. 

3 minutes ago, SeCrEt FoX said:

Maybe, but 27? Should be in his prime? He probably be happy to sit on a bench in the top leagues to come on to spice a game up. 

Players like him, that didn't try to integrate into Europe earlier on, are often too attached to their own culture to adjust well. It would cost a lot to pry him from them as well. I imagine by now he's very used to being the big fish as well.

Edited by Nicolo Barella
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Possibly the best player in Asia. Feels like if he'd moved 4 or 5 years ago he could have made a real name for himself. Not worth the risk now though. 

....glorious through balls, dead ball specials, he has such a great feel for the game!!!

As always, all this is in context, in respect of the quality he is competing against. This has the feeling of watching Mahrez with his deft of touch and vision. I was so busy admiring his skills the music was not even noticeable.

Obviously no ties to the club but it just goes to prove that  their are quality players out there, not sure of the price though.Not too sure how we would play this, in respect of our existing midfield options.

If we were to sign this guy, the season ticket uptake (for me) would go through the roof!!!!.

Brendan was asked specifically about getting a winger in post-match, and he was pretty clear Ayoze is the player he was after that can cut inside.

He mentioned bringing in 'one more player or so'. I really get the feeling a midfielder (Praet, McGregor, Amiri type) is the last piece of business they want to do, unless Maguire goes, in which case they will splash on both a CB and a winger.

It worries me we're going into another season with Gray, Barnes, Albrighton and a winger of sorts in Perez, while Everton are looking at Zaha and have Richarlison; West Ham have got Anderson and Yarmolenko, Watford are bringing in Sarr, Newcastle possibly Saint-Maximin etc.

If it was a choice between our current wide options and Maguire, or Dunk and a top winger, I'd choose the second option every time.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Good job Perez outscored the lot of them then, barring Richarlison. 

Other than last season Albrighton has been one of the best wingers in the league, returning some of the best assist numbers for a wide man.

A return to form for him and a few more goals, he’s just as capable of returning the same numbers of some of the others.

Glad he pointed out Perez was the winger, seemed pretty obvious.

Okay, but if Perez is the winger, we need a striker, no? We've already lost Okazaki and I'm assuming Ghezzal will go too - we've only replaced one so far, it leaves us a body short across the front 3.

I must be watching a different Albrighton. Slow, can't beat a man, constantly crossing to no one. 6 assists a season is nowhere near good enough for a team looking to score 60-70 goals to get into Europe.

• Like 1