Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Summer Targets

52 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

If maguire does go, would like us to have a look at rugani. Would be 5th choice at juve next season, so presumably available for the right price, but is very promising and is capable of bringing the ball out from the back while being able to do the chiellini sh*thousery. 

Sarri likes Rugani from his time at Empoli, so he’ll probably get a lot of minutes for Juve. Demiral is more likely to be their 5th choice. They just signed him but he’s being linked with a move away to AC Milan. Sounds like he is available.

Turkish international, so maybe he’d link up well with Soyuncu. 

Edited by Shane

3 minutes ago, Shane said:

Sarri likes Rugani from his time at Empoli, so he’ll probably get a lot of minutes for Juve. Demiral is more likely to be their 5th choice. They just signed him but he’s being linked with a move away to AC Milan. Sounds like he is available.

Turkish international, so maybe he’d link up well with Soyuncu. 

Yeah I heard about demiral to Milan, reportedly they are looking for 40m euros after paying about 16m for his buyout just a few weeks ago which would be excellent business. Would like us to maybe go for someone with a tad more experience as demiral would be very similar to soyuncu and benkovic in that he is a decent prospect at this level.

Hopefully they try and fund that move to Milan by offloading suso to us! :ph34r:

• Like 1

All the talk seems to point towards us signing a winger and another CAM, imo we should be looking at a striker also. We are only a Vardy injury away from being pretty screwed up top, Iheanacho isn't good enough and Perez is at his best when playing either off a striker or wide of one. 

We need to be looking at a backup to Vardy, either that or integrate Slimani back into the first team? :dunno:

• Like 1

Rodgers was asked after the Cheltenham game where Perez's best position is, and he says he's a central striker that can play wide. That to me says he's going into the season with Vardy, Ayoze and Iheanacho as his forwards, with Ayoze able to cover elsewhere as a kind of Fabio Borini at Liverpool type player. 

Kelechi has been ripping it up in training, 4 goals in the last practice match in Évian, and I get the feeling this season is his last chance before we go all out for a striker next summer.

Cover for Maddison, a wide player, and a Maguire replacement and that will be us done I reckon.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, simon789us said:

Carnt see us signing anyone else to be honest unless harry leaves

We will most certainly get in another creative midfielder of some sort. Don't forget there are between 6-9 players we are trying to shift on as well, and although transfer fees for them all will be impossible there will be funds coming in. We still want more players.

35 minutes ago, simon789us said:

Carnt see us signing anyone else to be honest unless harry leaves

They’ll be two more regardless I think. A winger and a back up for the Tielemans/Maddison pairing in case one gets injured.

55 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

All the talk seems to point towards us signing a winger and another CAM, imo we should be looking at a striker also. We are only a Vardy injury away from being pretty screwed up top, Iheanacho isn't good enough and Perez is at his best when playing either off a striker or wide of one. 

We need to be looking at a backup to Vardy, either that or integrate Slimani back into the first team? :dunno:

In an ideal world i’d love to see us sign a striker. But with Perez being able to play centrally it makes the wings and option at CM the priority imo. It will be strange to not have a striker on the bench though. 

Vardy was available for 34 games last year and I think we can expect a similar return again. 

So we only really need a striker to come in for the cup games. Maybe this is where Rodgers will give one of the youth lads a chance such as Eppiah, Reghba or Hirst.

Edited by Shane

2 minutes ago, Shane said:

In an ideal world i’d love to see us sign a striker. But with Perez being able to play centrally it makes the wings and option at CM the priority imo. It will be strange to not have a striker on the bench though. 

Vardy was available for 34 games last year and I think we can expect a similar return again. 

So we only really need a striker to come in for the cup games. Maybe this is where Rodgers will give one of the youth lads a chance such as Eppiah, Reghba or Hirst.

Would suggest that Muskwe would be closer to the first team than the names just reeled off, or Thomas if we wanted to play him just behind a striker maybe. 

2 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Zouma would be a cool signing if we for some reason don’t have faith in soyuncu and benkovic if Maguire is to leave.

A lot of injury concerns with him though, and unlikely Chelsea would sell

6 hours ago, Shane said:

If Gray is here I do wonder if Vards gets an injury he wouldn’t try him or Perez up front.

Dear Summer Santa - for this transfer window I would like

In

• cengiz under
  • nadiem amiri
  • fabio silva
  • jonathan tah (if harry goes)
  • top up from u21's

Out

• Kelechi
  • Silva
  • Ghezzal
  • Gray (loan)
  • Harry (if we must)
  • Diabate
  • Matty James
  • Andy King :unsure:

What say you fat man?

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Former Liverpool target Nabil Fekir is now 'on the verge' of £22m Real Betis move

bargain 

I may be wrong but there's a reason they have extensive medical examinations for transfers. Sadly for him it cost a dream move to Liverpool.

He's a fine player who could breakdown under the stress of a PL season. Knee injuries are career killers.

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Dear Summer Santa - for this transfer window I would like

In

• cengiz under
  • nadiem amiri
  • fabio silva
  • jonathan tah (if harry goes)
  • top up from u21's

Out

• Kelechi
  • Silva
  • Ghezzal