Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Summer Targets

22 hours ago, urban fox said:

Apparently Ziyech has a 22m release clause. not sure if this is correct but if so why has nobody snapped him up. Looks quality.

....Ajax knows something we don't!!!

Just read on the "Wingers" topic that Overmars has stated the value of his "buy out clause",  a strange thing  for the DoF of a club to do if you really valued the asset regarding future contribution to their club.

Sounds a bit like the Nacho purchase, looks good on paper but problematic in reality. One trick pony or discipline issues?

Edited by sacreblueits442
correction.

10 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Just read on the "Wingers" topic that Overmars has stated the value of his "buy out clause",  a strange thing  for the DoF of a club to do if you really valued the asset regarding future contribution to their club.

Sounds a bit like the Nacho purchase, looks good on paper but problematic in reality. One trick pony or discipline issues?

Was thinking the same earlier. There has to be something beneath the surface with Ziyech as his stats are phenomenal with a low buy out clause yet nobody seems to be that interested. Weird. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I have a few thoughts on Ziyech but none are supported by much evidence, just theories... 

Maybe he enjoys the fact he’s the big fish at Ajax, it’s a big club still and Champions League football. His agent probably tells him otherwise but he might just be content with life in Amsterdam. 

Or, he might think if he moves it should be to a Real Madrid, Bayern Munich etc. and he should be promised to be a key man. Maybe no one has offered him this so far and at 26, if he moves to a Sevilla (who he turned down) what if it goes wrong and no one takes him from there, or he plays really well and when he’s 28/29 no one will pay the big money for him. Wouldn’t surprise me if he just ran down his contract like Brahimi has at Porto this year then look for a move from there, he might not be in a rush to go just yet. 

Lastly, it’s the Eredevisie, and it’s hard to pull up trees on an international scale when you play for Morocco. If the buyout clause proves to be false, I don’t blame people for being sceptical for paying big money for a 26 year old who’s only ever really ‘done it’ in Holland. Not saying he’s a bad player, whenever I’ve seen him I thought he looked quality, but he’s hardly young and for the money you’re looking at he can’t be afforded time to adapt wherever he goes. 

Part of me also thinks a deal has already been agreed behind the scenes for Ziyech to go somewhere it's just being kept under wraps for some reason.

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

This was my thoughts. DoF recommending him to other clubs and pointing out cheap escape clause? There must be something going on there. Perhaps there have been enquiries but his demands/attitude have put off potential suitors.  There is more to scouting than simply looking at players ability... Their overall demeanour and attitude towards their team mates etc will all be noted and like ourselves, many clubs will want to know if a player is likely to fit into the dynamic of the squad. If they look like they could be a show pony or a bit of a diva then we don't them. (you only have to look at how toxic Pogba has been for ManUtd).

Having said all that Monaco wanted rid of Tielemans as he was thought to have attitude problems I believe, yet when he came here he was made welcome and fitted right in so sometimes it is not necessarily all down to the player (it takes two to make an argument)

2 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

Part of me also thinks a deal has already been agreed behind the scenes for Ziyech to go somewhere it's just being kept under wraps for some reason.

Maybe wanted to get AFCON out the way first and focus on Morocco before he sorts out any potential deal? 

• Like 1

I think we're pretty close to another ideal window. This is what I would like to make it (in my opinion) a close to perfect one:

Incoming:

Nadiem Amiri Hoffenheim €14 million (too good a deal to pass up for a talent like his)

Alexis Claude-Maurice FC Lorient €14 million (the price was quoted earlier in the window to Arsenal before they walked away because they have no cash)

Outgoing:

Maguire £80 million :( (I think its going to happen)

Ghezzal Loan

Mendy Sainté £5 million

Slimani £5 million

Diabaté Championship Loan

Silva Bordeaux £13 million

Gray £10 million (his contract expires the summer after next, he'll be bought for pennies next summer or, worse, we could renew him so have a chance to sell him for more)

Jakupovic £0.5 million

King £0.5 million

Development loans

Kapustka

Pascanu

Knight

Ughelumba

and as many as the development team see fit

Leaves us with a squad of

Barnes/Albrighton Vardy/Iheanacho Perez/Claude-Maurice

Maddison/Amiri Ndidi/Hamza Tielemans/Leshabela

Chilwell/Fuchs Soyuncu/Amartey Evans/Benkovic Ricardo/Justin

Schmeichel/Ward

Which I think is great to push on for Europa League this season!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Is Claude-Maurice really Maddison’s first name? James is a middle name I guess then :dunno:

Alexis Claude-Maurice has massive potential, I think he's going to be a real star. He's slightly different to all our other options too. We'd potentially be in the position to properly decide horses for courses with Albrighton, Barnes, Perez, and Claude-Maurice all offering different things from the wings.

20 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I think we're pretty close to another ideal window. This is what I would like to make it (in my opinion) a close to perfect one:

Incoming:

Nadiem Amiri Hoffenheim €14 million (too good a deal to pass up for a talent like his)

Alexis Claude-Maurice FC Lorient €14 million (the price was quoted earlier in the window to Arsenal before they walked away because they have no cash)

Outgoing:

Maguire £80 million :( (I think its going to happen)

Ghezzal Loan

Mendy Sainté £5 million

Slimani £5 million

Diabaté Championship Loan

Silva Bordeaux £13 million

Gray £10 million (his contract expires the summer after next, he'll be bought for pennies next summer or, worse, we could renew him so have a chance to sell him for more)

Jakupovic £0.5 million

King £0.5 million

Development loans

Kapustka

Pascanu

Knight

Ughelumba

and as many as the development team see fit

Leaves us with a squad of

Barnes/Albrighton Vardy/Iheanacho Perez/Claude-Maurice

Maddison/Amiri Ndidi/Hamza Tielemans/Leshabela

Chilwell/Fuchs Soyuncu/Amartey Evans/Benkovic Ricardo/Justin

Schmeichel/Ward

Which I think is great to push on for Europa League this season!

You forgot Big Wes.  He is still here and club captain to boot!

20 minutes ago, urban fox said:

You forgot Big Wes.  He is still here and club captain to boot!

Oh I'm keeping him around of course. But I wouldn't consider him backup to either of Soyuncu/Evans over Amartey/Benkovic. Him, Matty James, and a select few didn't make the 2nd 11

36 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Total ass  hat of an article, but it mentions us (And Everton) with regards to Lucas Ocampos

https://sportslens.com/everton-eyeing-up-a-move-for-lucas-ocampos/270496/

If Everton are interested we've got no chance, which has always been the case in recent years, but I wonder if the tide is turning?

Attacking midfield definitely sounds like he means a no.8 rather than a winger. I suppose if Ayoze and Ricardo play like they did last night across the season, there'll be no need for a wide player, although I'd then say that leaves us short for options off the bench up top - we'd still be bringing on Gray, Albrighton and Iheanacho to try and change games.

I wonder if it might, therefore, be someone that can play both no.8 and out wide, the obvious candidate being Hakim Ziyech. Then we have good cover for Maddison, but they can also come on when Barnes or Ayoze are ineffective. Rafinha from Barcelona? 

We have already done some amazing business this transfer window.. But can stretch the budget a bit more for any of theses players.

Hakim Ziyech

Nabil Fekir

memphis depay 

Leon Bailey

Any of the above players add goals assists and surly takes into the top 6 or better.