Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

19 hours ago, themightyfin said:

I said £20m plus add-ons. The add-ons may be significant. 

Think this is pretty key.

Monaco clearly rated him when they bought him, and its only a falling-out with their manager which is causing them to sell. We clearly rate him and he makes our team much better. Naturally you'd expect us to push to finish higher in the league as a result of this signing, especially with the supposed decline of top-6 clubs.

Wouldn't surprise me if those add-ons bring it up into the £40m+ range anyway.

A very general and completely speculative add-on structure could be:

• +£5m if we win the FA Cup or League Cup within 3 years
  • +£10m if we qualify for the Europa League (or CL) within 3 years (This is the main point, as our income will be notably higher and this suddenly becomes affordable)
  • +£5m if we qualify for the Champions League within 3 years
  • +appearance fees, other add-ons

That's already up to a potential £40m, and if Silva is included as well (~£10m) then its suddenly higher than any current valuations, but we'll have justified it through performance.

And if Tielemans keeps progressing and earns that mega-money move later down the line, any sell-on clause that might be included will make it an even better deal for Monaco.

Purely speculation, but a low offer + add-ons doesn't necessarily mean we're low-balling Monaco.

1 hour ago, Xen said:

Think this is pretty key.

Monaco clearly rated him when they bought him, and its only a falling-out with their manager which is causing them to sell. We clearly rate him and he makes our team much better. Naturally you'd expect us to push to finish higher in the league as a result of this signing, especially with the supposed decline of top-6 clubs.

Wouldn't surprise me if those add-ons bring it up into the £40m+ range anyway.

A very general and completely speculative add-on structure could be:

• +£5m if we win the FA Cup or League Cup within 3 years
  • +£10m if we qualify for the Europa League (or CL) within 3 years (This is the main point, as our income will be notably higher and this suddenly becomes affordable)
  • +£5m if we qualify for the Champions League within 3 years
  • +appearance fees, other add-ons

That's already up to a potential £40m, and if Silva is included as well (~£10m) then its suddenly higher than any current valuations, but we'll have justified it through performance.

And if Tielemans keeps progressing and earns that mega-money move later down the line, any sell-on clause that might be included will make it an even better deal for Monaco.

Purely speculation, but a low offer + add-ons doesn't necessarily mean we're low-balling Monaco.

based on your conditions, likely to be this too. if we do really well next few years then the conditions will likely be satisfied and if we don't, the sell on clause becomes effective (would be high percentage and subject to a total deal ceiling payable to them). if we do sign him, the details of any deal v unlikely to be made public anyway. 

£40m would make him one of the top 50 highest transfers in world football history. Is he really worth that much?

Is it possible that we've decided we can actually get 2 players of similar ability for that sort of money?

When you think that Ziyech has a buy-out clause of only 25m and he's certainly got a better pedigree, you have to think that maybe LCFC are being reasonable in saying no to 40m. Having read up on 21yo Vasiliadis I'd be tempted to go for him (only 15m) or Lo Celso the Argentine if Tielemans or Monaco don't want to play ball.

11 minutes ago, FIF said:

£40m would make him one of the top 50 highest transfers in world football history. Is he really worth that much?

Is it possible that we've decided we can actually get 2 players of similar ability for that sort of money?

When you think that Ziyech has a buy-out clause of only 25m and he's certainly got a better pedigree, you have to think that maybe LCFC are being reasonable in saying no to 40m. Having read up on 21yo Vasiliadis I'd be tempted to go for him (only 15m) or Lo Celso the Argentine if Tielemans or Monaco don't want to play ball.

I am going round on circles a bit with this one. I think his value to us is higher than it is to our competitors as we already know that he fits into our system and can make a real significant difference to our results. But then again he did go a bit anonymous in some matches, and for me seemed to struggle against the Top 6 type caliber opposition (not including Arsenal in that as they definitely weren't playing to that level!), so that is some cause for caution.

If you think though that Fred something like £50 million wasn't it? I know who I would prefer! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

We should look at Hector Herrera on a free if we can’t get Tielemans, not as creative but box to box nonetheless and much cheaper. Imagine lots of clubs will be in for him tho, so by the time we give up on Tielemans he might have already been snapped up

Off to atletico by all accounts in spain

1 hour ago, FIF said:

Ziyech doesn't have a £25m release clause. Will end up at a much bigger club than us after his CL performances. Lo Celso is a good shout but I think Betis have an option to buy.

27 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

We should look at Hector Herrera on a free if we can’t get Tielemans, not as creative but box to box nonetheless and much cheaper. Imagine lots of clubs will be in for him tho, so by the time we give up on Tielemans he might have already been snapped up

Herrera will end up at Atletico no doubt. A proper Simeone footballer - and with Atletico having a fire sale they'll need replacements. Costa, Rodri, Griezmann & Godin are going/gone. Felipe Luis also likely.

Maybe Atletico will sign Tielemans? ?

2 hours ago, FIF said:

You've read up on Vasiliadis and think he's good. We've actually played Tielemans and seen he's good. We could spend that 40mil and buy another Ghezzal and Silva.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Tielemans being at Leicester is an anomaly in the first place. On one hand he is one of the most promising youngsters in Europe and then on the other he was deemed surplus to requirements from a club that has nosedived off a cliff. But let's break it down a but further.

Monaco paid £20+ million for him 2 years ago aged 20 and on the face of it he looks like he did poorly in his first season when they finished 2nd but this season individually his stats were better but the team has bombed and he fell out with Jardim. He was loaned out as Jardim came back and tried to save them. This shows he isn't wanted, if the boot was on the other foot and we loaned out Iheanacho or Soyuncu we would be off our heads if we thought they were then worth double what we paid for them. 

The problem is though, Tielemans has been exceptional for us, is on the verge of being first choice for a star studded Belgian national team and has only just turned 22. He guarantees goals and assists from central midfield and if he was still at Anderlecht or at someone like Ajax and we were in for him then £40m wouldn't be as obscene as it sounds. We don't tend to stand a chance ordinarily of signing £40m rated players as they go elsewhere, nor do we ordinarily stand the chance of signing a player like Tielemans with his experience and stature at such a young age.

So we now are having to weigh up whether we shit ball Monaco for a player they have deemed surplus to requirements albeit not necessarily due to ability, or we realise the rarity of a player like Tielemans being within our grasp and pay the fee for him which all things considered he is probably worth. The danger if we don't is, we allow the likes of Man Utd or Spurs get their house in order and require a new midfielder where the price tag of £40m doesn't bother them. 

If we were to lose out on him to a club that did pay the asking price it would be galling, especially when we could afford it either straight up or from the sale of Maguire. Not to mention when we seemingly throw £55m around last summer on Ward, Ghezzal, Soyuncu and Benkovic that weren't either a priority or trusted to be regulars.

I hope we know what we are doing, I can't say this is sitting well with me though. The lad is liquid gold and I'd love to know what scenario or what sort of talent we would be willing to pay more than £20-30m for? Certainly a bit hypocritical when we demand obscene fees for our assets who aren't probably anywhere near as good as Tielemans.

Please don't balls this up Leicester.

Spot on there to be honest Flair. The truth is though the deal won’t even cost us £40m if we include Silva in a deal, which I’m sure Monaco will be interested in.

I honestly believe an offer of £25m + Silva & Soyuncu (season loan) will be enough to get the deal done. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

You've read up on Vasiliadis and think he's good. We've actually played Tielemans and seen he's good. We could spend that 40mil and buy another Ghezzal and Silva.

Perhaps you should be the new Leicester head of scouting. Perhaps the LCFC staff paid to do the job don't think he's worth 40m but they have other people that will cost less that they believe are as good or better. Perhaps you don't think so but I guess it isn't your job or your speciality. Please tell me that you are a paid, professional PL team scout.

3 hours ago, FIF said:

So far.

It's pretty meaningless really because the rate of football inflation means that £40m will be pretty normal fairly soon in the Premier League.  The number is only at 50 because not many clubs outside the PL can make that kind of investment.  West Ham and Everton have paid out high forties for lesser players.  I expect to see several £40m+ transfers this window and Tielemans is easily worth that fee in my opinion and his value will only rise.

I remember when Newcastle were criticised for paying £15m for Shearer and Man Utd for paying £29m for Rio.  Both turned out to be excellent value for money as the inflation monster rampages on.  Would anyone say that Liverpool overpaid for Van Dijk now?  Plenty did at the time.

Edited by murphy

1 minute ago, murphy said:

So far.

It's pretty meaningless really because the rate of football inflation means that £40m will be pretty normal fairly soon.  West Ham and Everton have paid out high forties for lesser players.  I expect to see several £40m+ transfers this window and Tielemans is easily worth that fee in my opinion and his value will only rise.

I remember when Newcastle were criticised for paying £15m for Shearer and Man Utd paying £29m for Rio.  Both turned out to be excellent value for money as the inflation monster rampages on.  Would anyone say that Liverpool overpaid for Van Dijk now?  Plenty did at the time.

...and these will be £40m+ transfers carried out with the everyone concerned crossing fingers and toes they haven't just bought a load of absolute shite.

2 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

...and these will be £40m+ transfers carried out with the everyone concerned crossing fingers and toes they haven't just bought a load of absolute shite.

T'was ever thus.

We however have had the luxury of having seen Tielemans play in our team and rip it up.   We don't have to cross anything.

Edited by murphy

T'was ever thus.

We however have had the luxury of having seen Tielemans play in our team and rip it up.   We don't have to cross anything.

'twas my point! 

13 minutes ago, FIF said:

Perhaps you should be the new Leicester head of scouting. Perhaps the LCFC staff paid to do the job don't think he's worth 40m but they have other people that will cost less that they believe are as good or better. Perhaps you don't think so but I guess it isn't your job or your speciality. Please tell me that you are a paid, professional PL team scout.

I am, FIF. Thanks for asking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, murphy said:

T'was ever thus.

We've been bloody lucky these past few years. Kante, Cambiasso, Mahrez, Vardy and Tielemans are some of the biggest talents seen in Leicester Blue, and they've all come in the last few years.

I still remember the United/Man City game, where Kante was stood next to Pogba (Or Yaya Toure i forget) and I laughed at the height difference, to then be amazed at how this small player bullied these mountains off the ball. The man is incredible and extremely underused in that Chelsea team.

In that case, I've got a bone to pick with you.....

download (2).jpeg

Silva is a beautiful man. And Ian played for Man City. There's no way I could have known they were shit.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, FIF said:

Oh right. I've just read a few pages back and see we apparently don't want to meet Monaco's valuation. Leicester not wanting to give Monaco a blank checkbook shocker.

Edited by Foxxed