Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

25 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Except silva simply isn’t worth 15/20m .......

Not so sure. I read a few weeks ago that Monaco fans were saying they got the better deal. They would rather have Silva than YT. I don't think we are going to spend 40M on one player so fingers crossed they do rate Silva at 15/20M. I don't think his game is suitable for the Prem and he needs to move on for the sake of both parties, so lets hope a deal can be done.

2 hours ago, jock2612 said:

Not so sure. I read a few weeks ago that Monaco fans were saying they got the better deal. They would rather have Silva than YT. I don't think we are going to spend 40M on one player so fingers crossed they do rate Silva at 15/20M. I don't think his game is suitable for the Prem and he needs to move on for the sake of both parties, so lets hope a deal can be done.

£20m/£25m + Silva isn’t a bad deal tbf.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

What is his current contract at Monaco; does it have a release clause at a certain fee?

They paid £20+ million for him, any release clause if there is one would be about double minimum.

9 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

I doubt they're that stupid. A 30yr old that we don't want because he's not good enough for the Premiership, I suspect that they'll know our predicament.

Yeah, we're certain to make a loss on Silva, but  the positives are:

It enables us to sign Tielemans; we get some money back on Silva; it releases his not insubstantial wages which we spend on a new signing. 

Edited by Plastik Man
Auto incorrect on Tielemans
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Except silva simply isn’t worth 15/20m .......

Don't think he's far off worth £15m to be honest, they paid £11m for Chadli and got £12m from us for a player they didn't even want. £15m is more than doable IMO.

Edited by Babylon

6 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

I doubt they're that stupid. A 30yr old that we don't want because he's not good enough for the Premiership, I suspect that they'll know our predicament.

£11m for 29 year old Chadli says otherwise lol

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Hence why it is unlikely. I doubt Monaco would see Silva worth much more than £10m and probably not even that. 

You have to consider the human element though. Silva is right for monaco as much as tielemans is right for us.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Droo33 said:

I know there’s a Premiership premium, but surely Monaco think Silva is worth more to them than Tielemans and vice versa. Why are we undervaluing Silva so much?

In all fairness if the market value of Tielemans is £60 million, then a 50 - 50 split giving Monaco £30 million for Tielemans plus Silva

21 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Not 100% sure but in January when the news broke that we were after him, the price was at least what they paid for him which was £20-25m. The £40m figure has cropped up in recent months.

The club always knew from the moment of signing him in January that £40 million was the figure - it's one of the few and only bits of information I managed to get from someone at the club. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Droo33 said:

I know there’s a Premiership premium, but surely Monaco think Silva is worth more to them than Tielemans and vice versa. Why are we undervaluing Silva so much?

You've got to consider sell-on value.

Silva is 30 so his sell-on value is essentially zero - Monaco won't be able to sell him and he'll see out his contract before moving on. Any valuation at this stage is a completely sunk cost for them.

On the other hand, Tielemans is young with a bright future. There's a high chance that he ends up getting sold in a few years for even more than we would have paid for him. In the long run this transfer could end up earning us money.

With that in mind, valuations have to be moved up/down a little to compensate. ~£10m for Silva seems fair given the situation, but assuming that a swap is going to be part of the deal then the financials can become fairly complicated Game Theory as both clubs try to maximise their gain from the deal. Add-ons complicated that even further.

• Like 2

I agree with Xen.  All things being equal, I think a 10 million valuation for Silva seems very much reasonable.  And if Monaco don't see it that way and don't play ball on Tielemans, take Silva back and get some use out of him.

54 minutes ago, Droo33 said:

What’s Silva done whilst he’s been here? 

4 minutes ago, Bert said:

What’s Silva done whilst he’s been here? 

Horses for courses…. He looks good there and that influences his value…. He’s worth quite a bit in a slower league

7 hours ago, Plastik Man said:

Yeah, we're certain to make a loss on Silva, but  the positives are:

It enables us to sign Tielamans; we get some money back on Silva; it releases his not insubstantial wages which we spend on a new signing. 

I agree but think his value will be more like a money off 10m Amazon gift voucher than a decent 20-25m transfer valuation. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

£11m for 29 year old Chadli says otherwise lol

I just think 10-11m is reasonable and fair valuation compared to the dreamworld 20-25m that some people think he could be valued at. For potential effectiveness in the Premiership I'd give a maximum of 5 personally, hopefully he's far more effective in France where the pace is slower and there's no nasty roughie toughies to knock him off the ball bless him.

6 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I just think 10-11m is reasonable and fair valuation compared to the dreamworld 20-25m that some people think he could be valued at. For potential effectiveness in the Premiership I'd give a maximum of 5 personally, hopefully he's far more effective in France where the pace is slower and there's no nasty roughie toughies to knock him off the ball bless him.

£5m buys pretty much nothing from any league now days, you only have to be able to kick a ball straight and you are worth £10m.

• Like 1

The thread that keeps on giving.

Tielemans is worth so much more to us because he works in our system but he didn't in Monaco's. Silva is not worth so much more to them because he works in their system and he didn't in ours.